Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Libba $300k

Votes: 46 30.7%
  • Walsh $207k

Votes: 104 69.3%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Adelaide
Coniglio also had a 21 game season averaging 106.

Crouch’s best ever is 17 games at 96 average.
It’s worth noting that “all” Conigs did was get slightly more than his previous highest average. Granted it was 2.7ppg higher.

But it was 17 points higher than the previous year hence he was a good pick in terms of points/$

But it does also point to is Crouch going to do only what he’s done before. What’s so different this time?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Realistically which option is better in the long run

Fyfe + rookie + rookie
Vs
Libba + sheed + Moore

Personally I’m not worried about initial keepers more about points

If in the first 6 rounds they average (tell me if you think this is unreasonable) do you think a rookie can average 70?

Fyfe 120 + rookie 70 + rookie 70 = 190 x 6 = 1140 (inconsistent scores throughout due to rookies, but a keeper)

Sheed 95 + Libba 85 + Moore 80 = 190 x 6 =1140 (More consistent)

AFL Club
Carlton

Fyfe + rookie + rookie
Vs
Libba + sheed + Moore

If in the first 6 rounds they average (tell me if you think this is unreasonable) do you think a rookie can average 70?

Fyfe 120 + rookie 70 + rookie 70 = 190 x 6 = 1140 (inconsistent scores throughout due to rookies, but a keeper)

Rookies can and have average 70+ and ideally these are the ones that should be starting on field. The problem with Sheed and Libba types are how much money they can generate for you per their output if you're not considering them to become premium players. For an average of 85, Libba will generate $110k until he hits his bye. Is this enough? I would be expecting at least a 90 average out of Libba for it to be a worthwhile investment and even then it's touch and go. It's certainly a value pick but one that will most likely require an upgrade.

AFL Club
St Kilda

Fyfe + rookie + rookie
Vs
Libba + sheed + Moore

Cheap rookies can average 70 but the ones who do are must-haves and don't belong in XvYs.

AFL Club
Carlton
Interrupted pre-season aside, does anyone have a good reason as to why Zac Merrett isn't a great value pick this season? In JLT2 he came on in the second quarter and racked up a ton of disposals in a short period of time and looked to be moving very well. I think the incusion of Shiel might also free him up of being the primary target of a tag (and he ended up dealing with taggers anyway during the back half of last season). I don't think he's the type that will ever go huge but in terms of constant scoring and minimum games being missed, he still seems like super value regardless of his ankle issues in the pre-season which seem to be resolved.

AFL Club
Essendon
Interrupted pre-season aside, does anyone have a good reason as to why Zac Merrett isn't a great value pick this season? In JLT2 he came on in the second quarter and racked up a ton of disposals in a short period of time and looked to be moving very well. I think the incusion of Shiel might also free him up of being the primary target of a tag (and he ended up dealing with taggers anyway during the back half of last season). I don't think he's the type that will ever go huge but in terms of constant scoring and minimum games being missed, he still seems like super value regardless of his ankle issues in the pre-season which seem to be resolved.
I think the ankle issue is the only reason people aren't picking him. It shouldn't bother him that much but it may mean he has a slower start to the year, and thus people prefer an in-form Crouch at the same price point.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I am avoiding bomber premos unless they stand out as their draw seems to open up in the back half....him and Devon are firmly in my upgrade plans

AFL Club
Adelaide
Not getting the hype over Brad Crouch. Yeh he is certainly underpriced for what he can produce but he's severely injury prone and at his price you would expect him to become a keeper/premo level mid. Would spend the extra coin on his brother who his durable and has historical premo level scoring on his side and take a higher end mid price risk on another line.
You'll be pleased to know I’ve booked this with the intention to bring it back up once Brad starts going 110+. ??