Discussion Music Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Letter V:

"Harper Valley P.T.A." is a country song written by Tom T. Hall which in 1968 became a major international hit single for country singer Jeannie C. Riley. Riley's record sold over six million copies as a single. It was Riley's debut hit and only chart topper, making her the first woman to top both the Billboard Hot 100 and the U.S. Hot Country Singles charts with the same song, a feat that would not be repeated until Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" in 1981.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Letter X:

In October 1966, Jimi Hendrix recorded "Hey Joe" for his first single with the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Their version became a hit in the UK.
"Hey Joe" is an American song from the 1960s that has become a rock standard and has been performed in many musical styles by hundreds of different artists. The lyrics tell of a man who is on the run and planning to head to Mexico after shooting his unfaithful wife.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Letter Z:
Jazz Genre

"What a Wonderful World" is a jazz song. It was first recorded by Louis Armstrong and released in 1967 as a single, which topped the pop charts in the United Kingdom. Armstrong's recording was inducted in the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Number: 500

I love this song.

"I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)" is a song written and performed by Scottish duo The Proclaimers, and first released as the lead single from their 1988 album Sunshine on Leith. The song reached number 11 in the UK Singles Chart on its initial release and has since become their most popular song worldwide. It was a number 1 hit in Iceland, then number 1 in Australia and New Zealand in early 1990.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Number: 500

I love this song.

"I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)" is a song written and performed by Scottish duo The Proclaimers, and first released as the lead single from their 1988 album Sunshine on Leith. The song reached number 11 in the UK Singles Chart on its initial release and has since become their most popular song worldwide. It was a number 1 hit in Iceland, then number 1 in Australia and New Zealand in early 1990.

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/melbourne/programs/thefridayrevue/backstory-the-proclaimers/10999034

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Letter A:

I know I have played a few Supergrass songs, but I saw them a couple of times when I was living in London, and when I listen to them I feel like I’m in my twenties again! As the song says, back when “we are young, we run free ...”