Discussion Music Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane
The above video is from the 26th of April 1986 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

They performed at the Myer Music Bowl on the 24th and 25th of February 1986.

Setlist for the performance on the 24th- https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dire...r-music-bowl-melbourne-australia-bd88146.html
Dire Straits were huge, looks like at least 5 Melbourne 1986 concerts. I was at one of the Entertainment Centre shows (Feb 21-23). Didn’t even know there were also two Myer Music Bowl gigs.

AFL Club
West Coast
Tool - Pneuma (Live - amazing drum cam)

Reaction videos can be cheesy but these 2 Las Vegas hip hop guys reacting to rock and metal songs is more engaging and authentic than most.

Yeah I posted that Danny Carey Drum Cam earlier in the thread... He's an incredible drummer, absolutely love watching and listening to him play.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Yeah I posted that Danny Carey Drum Cam earlier in the thread... He's an incredible drummer, absolutely love watching and listening to him play.
Danny is incredible to watch. I get a nostalgic kick out of the Las Vegas guys when they’re blown away by a favourite song of mine like their Master of Puppets reaction.

AFL Club
West Coast
Here's Metallica's Full Concert from Melbourne in March 2013... So cool to see a full Australian show. I'd see them just 3 days later in Perth and have one of the greatest days of my life going back stage and meeting the whole band with one of my best mates..

Check out My Friend Of Misery at 41:06... The crowd singing harmonies is amazing!!

Here is another clip of the song with different views of the crowd... Starts at 15:10.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Here's Metallica's Full Concert from Melbourne in March 2013... So cool to see a full Australian show. I'd see them just 3 days later in Perth and have one of the greatest days of my life going back stage and meeting the whole band with one of my best mates..

Check out My Friend Of Misery at 41:06... The crowd singing harmonies is amazing!!

Here is another clip of the song with different views of the crowd... Starts at 15:10.

That was awesome. Misery solo also rules. Always love hearing the Blackened intro but it was so heavy when the band all came in. Great setlist.

AFL Club
West Coast
That was awesome. Misery solo also rules. Always love hearing the Blackened intro but it was so heavy when the band all came in. Great setlist.
I love Blackened, especially the dual gutiar part just before Kirk's solo. They also played Blackened when I saw them in 2010 where I was front row on the rail... James came and played that bit right in front of me... Got video of it as well. But yeah... they where on fire for that Soundwave tour. This is the setlist we got here in Perth a few days later...

Hit The Lights
Master Of Puppets
Ride The Lightning
Harvester Of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Through The Never
Of Wolf And Man
Sad But True
Fade To Black
The Memory Remains
One
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Creeping Death
Metal Militia
Seek And Destroy

Was shocked and stoked when they played Metal Militia considering it's rarity. I had also asked Lars before the show to play The Call Of Ktulu, but sadly not to be, was just as stoked to hear Ride The Lightning though.

AFL Club
Brisbane
I love Blackened, especially the dual gutiar part just before Kirk's solo. They also played Blackened when I saw them in 2010 where I was front row on the rail... James came and played that bit right in front of me... Got video of it as well. But yeah... they where on fire for that Soundwave tour. This is the setlist we got here in Perth a few days later...

Hit The Lights
Master Of Puppets
Ride The Lightning
Harvester Of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Through The Never
Of Wolf And Man
Sad But True
Fade To Black
The Memory Remains
One
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Creeping Death
Metal Militia
Seek And Destroy

Was shocked and stoked when they played Metal Militia considering it's rarity. I had also asked Lars before the show to play The Call Of Ktulu, but sadly not to be, was just as stoked to hear Ride The Lightning though.
So lucky up close. RTL and Metal Militia such a bonus in an already top setlist.