Discussion NBA RDT Dream Team Discussion - Group Code: SCS (320348)

AFL Club
Sydney
Don't worry bro... I always think for myself and make my own decisions.

Was just an observation about the fascination of quite a few here about posting trade plans before the lockout. Probably should of known it would ruffle the feathers of some.
Didn’t mean it to come across that way, mate. Just saying why I do it to be honest.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I personally really like Bassey for the bench center spot.. I just dont have the trades to be bringing him in... Im already trying to correct stuff i shoulda done weeks ago. Great set of trades imo.. you're doing pretty well for someone who isn't paying too much attention, wp.
Cheers mate.

My routine is to check my scores each day , at the end of the round look at the upcoming fixtures , weekly scores/averages/points etc etc for 15-30 minutes , find players in my budget that might work and do my 3 trades

Sit back , relax , rinse and repeat.

No expectations , no stress

I probably should adopt this policy for AFL & BBL SC

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never get the fascination in these comps of everyone posting their trades before the round starts considering everyone here is each others biggest competition, and by everyone posting their planned trades... It just makes it so much harder to make up any ground with teams all ending up looking the same, harder to pick a unique player too that everyone doesn't just copy & paste.

Be interesting to see what trades would look like in a round where no one posted their planned trades before the round starts. I reckon there would be a much greater variety of players picked with everyone thinking for themselves.
As touched on previously it has a wide array of benefits which greatly outweigh any of the negatives. Unless you have a very considerable side wager riding on your performance this season, then I feel it is the wrong mentality and attitude to take towards these free fantasy sports formats considering the small prize money on offer and the very slim possibility that we will finish in the cash. I gather most here are more interested in the leagues they are involved in which usually rank highly and by offering any assistance when needed or helping reduce preventable errors it ensures we retain our lofty status.

Most participants do not have the luxury of being able to watch the televised games on SBS, ESPN or League Pass and are heavy reliant on those that do or those that are willing to share any insights or recommendations to assist in their decision making. The very short turnaround between rounds is difficult for those that are time poor who might not have set out a plan for the following week and would like a rough opinion in case they run out of time. This could also help to prevent any glaring errors which could involve not updating your lineup to reflect the current fixture (eg player that had 4 games in the prior week now has 2 and is still on field, with player with opposite schedule over that same period has mistakenly been kept on the bench and has yet to be switched on field, captaincy has not changed from prior round, etc).

Far too many examples too list across the formats that I have noticed, so I will provide a personal one which involves you. Both NBL and F1 I have no interest in and am very lucky to catch anywhere from 1-30 minutes of action throughout the entire season. I try to participate in all games offered on here to support those that are interested and to try to ensure that interest does not waver and hopefully receives a boost to make it more enjoyable for those involved. If time permits and I remember, I will try to post my upcoming plans for each round in the hope that someone more knowledgeable in the sport (such as yourself) possibly finds time to impart any advice either providing reassurance or steering me in another direction I had not considered. Without that assistance or seeing the weekly progress and thought process of sides like yours, Wolfy, Mike, Verbal, Foxy, etc I would not be ranked anywhere near 78th (from 1569) by relying solely on breakevens and averages,

All too often we can become trapped in a groupthink mentality but I do not see the absence of posting trades having any considerable impact on this. As raised previously, we are able to individually come to the same consensus without any input.

Reading these weekly reviews and trade plans is very beneficial in discovering new strategies you can adopt or test out or to highlight where a particular coach might be consistently making the same preventable error or helping to possibly mitigate their risk to reduce further disappointment. This also helps to have a vested intent in their performance for the upcoming rounds and/or the remainder of the season rather than those coaches who nonchalantly appear once or twice a season when they record the league or group high score for the round and then are never seen from again.

As far the mass posting of trades making it harder to make up ground, I feel it is the contrary. You have information beforehand of what coaches in a similar or higher position are planning to do and you now have the ability of possibly exploiting it to your own advantage by deciding which popular players you are willing to bet against. Also, there is a need to be proactive rather than reactive, as it is much easier to get out to a lead earlier than it is too chase and play catch-up.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Anthony Davis (illness) is good to go for Tuesday's game in New York.
Davis is feeling a little under the weather, but he'll power through for tonight's matchup at The Garden, and he should be headed for another monster stat line with LeBron James (suspension) on the sidelines. Get him active.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/basketball/nba/player/29801/anthony-davis

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Didn't realise that you brought him in as well. :eek::love:
Dual position status, nice upcoming fixture and price, efficient, very solid on the defensive end and can contribute to the stat sheet in multiple categories. With Ingram recently returning from injury and an upcoming back to back it was a very enticing move and he has set a solid foundation to record a score of 80+. Just wish I realised before the round started that I could have traded Dinwiddie instead of Durant (via new recruit Cunningham) eliminating the need to hold onto $10 million in remaining salary for next round to afford the likes of Doncic/Morant/etc.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I figure most of us have Giannis captain… so not too worried about his “poor performance”.

Unfortunately, fell for the bait and had CC on field and Herro on the bench :/ Shoulda known CC would have a tough week when going up against some of the best defensive teams in the league

let’s hope my luck turns around…

also, DDR was a little disappointing.