Discussion 2017-2018 NBA RDT

lappinitup

2006 AFL SuperCoach Winner
AFL Club
Carlton
Morning all,

I know we have a wide range of fantasy sport lovers on this site. Personally I have played in NBA H2H leagues for some time, never ventured in to the more complex world of roto leagues and game caps.

Anyone played this type of competition, interested in chatting about strategy?

AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't but did enjoy Sportsdecks NBA comp last year. Games everyday watch your sides score tick over at work, 2 trades each week, etc. Recommend it to fellow tragics.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sportsdeck NBA Dream Team 2017-18.

I have created a league for those interested. League is called SuperCoachScores, league code 592119. Kicks off in a couple of weeks.

AFL Club
West Coast
I'm in... Took a bit of getting used to last year, but looking to improve on my finish of 128th

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm in... Took a bit of getting used to last year, but looking to improve on my finish of 128th
Glad you joined LITS. Was my first shot last year. 24/7 Fantasy game, personally I think it is brilliant; watch the live scores tick over at work, 2 trades each week. Multi game weeks is the key. Down load the games grid as to what team plays how many games per week and trade and C from there.

I encourage all of you to give it a go, is good fun.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Ill join. Enjoying the EPL on at the moment so will give this one a crack

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm in but have no idea about NBA. Is there a rolling lockout? Prize Money?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Have also entered a team.

Any tips for a first time player regarding must have picks, value and rookie priced players would be greatly appreciated.

Can't be any worse than my NFL team or EPL (which I thought I actually knew a bit about)

Cheers

AFL Club
Collingwood
24 week season, 69 trades, 3 trades a week, dual position players, rolling lockout, and teams playing multiple teams a week

no none of the players, what could possibly go wrong.......hahaha

AFL Club
Collingwood
have gone with the Aussie boys

Curry, Mills ( Exum)
Harden, Hayward (Dellavedova)
Bogut (Baynes)
James, Ingles ( Simmoms)
Durant, Maker (Mathiang)

$1,463,000 in the Bank.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Glad you joined LITS. Was my first shot last year. 24/7 Fantasy game, personally I think it is brilliant; watch the live scores tick over at work, 2 trades each week. Multi game weeks is the key. Down load the games grid as to what team plays how many games per week and trade and C from there.

Hey Courtesans

do you have a link for the games grid please ? this could be confusing and a lot of fun

AFL Club
Collingwood
Think I have decide3d on this team

PG: Giannis Antetokounmpo (SF) , Patty Mills......(Lonzo Ball)

SG: Gordon Hayward (SF) , Matthew Dellavedova (PG)......Markelle Fultz (PG)

C: Anthony Davis (PF)......Thon Maker (PF)

SF: Rudy Gay (PF), Joe Ingles (SG)......Ben Simmons (PG)

PF: Nikola Jokic (C), Myles Turner (C)......Jayson Tatum (SF)

Hoping Davis and the Greek man can be C/VC options.
4 consistent (hopefully) players
the 3 Aussies who should get playing minutes
The 5 Rookies I don't know much about at all to be honest.

Certainly will be a different fantasy game with teams playing multiple Game Weeks each week, curious to see how many minutes the rookie priced players play each week and how their prices will fluctuate.

Think I will try and get the right rookies at the right times and hopefully build up the bank to then be able to afford the types of RW, LeBron, Curry and Durant etc etc.

Won't be much turn around in game weeks so need to nail the time differences as well.

lappinitup

2006 AFL SuperCoach Winner
AFL Club
Carlton
Do game weeks go for the full week? Usually end on a Sunday?

Weekend games make it hard with some starting at 4am, so hopefully no lock outs in that period.

AFL Club
West Coast
Do game weeks go for the full week? Usually end on a Sunday?

Weekend games make it hard with some starting at 4am, so hopefully no lock outs in that period.
Yes the weeks include Sunday Games which take place Monday morning back here in Australia, Lockout usually lifts Monday afternoon Perth time so Monday night Eastern time and you have less than 24hrs before it locks out again.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Live/End-of-match and final scores
•Each game week is played out from Monday to Sunday (US time). While LIVE and End-of-match scoring updates for your team and your league's opponents and participants will be available during the week, scores and rankings are usually updated, confirmed and finalised each Monday afternoon (Aus time) on the completion of the final game of the week each Sunday (US time).
•The next Game Week therefore begins with Monday matches (US time) - usually the following Tuesday morning (Aus time).
•Scores are final once completely processed, at which time the competition will be re-opened for team editing for the following game week.

very quick turn around to out trades :)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Week 1 last game LAL v NOP Mon 23rd 12:30pm (AEDT)

Week 2 first game DET v PHI 2 Tue 24th 10:00am (AEDT)

AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah very quick turnaround between rounds.

I usually do my trades late afternoon on a Monday here in Perth.

AFL Club
Collingwood
not sure how many players are on a NBA list, but can they all play each game ? or is their a limit on the bench.

going to be hard spotting the cheaper priced rookies if they play limited minutes 1 game , then nothing , then a few minutes with multiple games each week.

Monday night will be NBA.
Tuesday night is EPL.
Wednesday night is NFL.

AFL Club
West Coast
not sure how many players are on a NBA list, but can they all play each game ? or is their a limit on the bench.

going to be hard spotting the cheaper priced rookies if they play limited minutes 1 game , then nothing , then a few minutes with multiple games each week.

Monday night will be NBA.
Tuesday night is EPL.
Wednesday night is NFL.
Each NBA team can have a maximum of 15 players, 13 of which can be active each game.

Really have to pay attention to the box scores each day if possible, and any injury news including who will step up and benefit from an injury. It's not easy with the time difference but I rather enjoyed last season.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Current team:

PG: S Curry, B Simmons, (R Sessions)
SG: D Wade, T Evans, (M Teodosic)
C: J Nurkic, (B Wright)
SF: G Antetokounmpo, R Gay, (C Parsons)
PF: K Durant, K Porzingis, (D Favors)

Most of the team is set but unsure which combination is better.
D Wade, K Porzingis, D Favors or G Hayward, B Griffin and T Maker.