Discussion 2021- 2022 NBA RDT

Trades pending any late changes on the injury report.

Jokic > Giannis
Lowry > Cunningham
Precious > Bamba

Team this week:
Curry, Cunningham
Booker, Herro
Bamba
George, Barnes
Giannis, Harrell

Mobley hits the bench for the 1st time this year. Not in a rush with him because he’s not losing cash and the Cavs upcoming game count is strong. Just waiting to see how that pans out.

AFL Club
West Coast
Never get the fascination in these comps of everyone posting their trades before the round starts considering everyone here is each others biggest competition, and by everyone posting their planned trades... It just makes it so much harder to make up any ground with teams all ending up looking the same, harder to pick a unique player too that everyone doesn't just copy & paste.

Be interesting to see what trades would look like in a round where no one posted their planned trades before the round starts. I reckon there would be a much greater variety of players picked with everyone thinking for themselves.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree with the first sentence but not with the second. Its pretty clear who the best trade-in options are each week and its usually a coin-flip between a couple of options. Finding the player no one else thinks about is the challenge (regardless of the players posted each week).

Never get the fascination in these comps of everyone posting their trades before the round starts considering everyone here is each others biggest competition, and by everyone posting their planned trades... It just makes it so much harder to make up any ground with teams all ending up looking the same, harder to pick a unique player too that everyone doesn't just copy & paste.

Be interesting to see what trades would look like in a round where no one posted their planned trades before the round starts. I reckon there would be a much greater variety of players picked with everyone thinking for themselves.

AFL Club
Sydney

I guess I play these games a bit like an open book. It likely means I don't win, but it stops me from languishing in the depths. Without some of the insights provided by @Tails @Connoisseur as well as feedback from countless others I'm not sure I have the time or inclination to keep up with NBA in the depth needed to remain "competitive".

I play in a dynasty NFL team where we draft every year and then literally no-one talks to anyone else for 12 months. It's ****, but I'm 10 seasons in now.

If this ended up being a game where we picked in silence and revealed our team each week and then turned up again 7 days later... I'm not sure I'd be in.

Might not be a bad thing for both of us mind :LOL:

AFL Club
Geelong
Agree with the first sentence but not with the second. Its pretty clear who the best trade-in options are each week and its usually a coin-flip between a couple of options. Finding the player no one else thinks about is the challenge (regardless of the players posted each week).
Agree with this. Especially with NBA where there are pretty few viable options in general because of the difference in games/week.

I personally post my team because I chiefly play this game for fun. Doing well is a bonus, but if I can float a player that someone hadn't considered I don't mind, in fact I'm happy to possibly provide some inspiration for someone else.

Also I've found that the biggest mistakes I make in this game are when I get sucked in by popular trade-ins who I wasn't initially keen on. Dinwiddie last week comes to mind.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'm a bit like a lot of others here, I know I'm never going to win overall so I post my proposed plans for people to pick up any dumb moves I make. There's plenty. I have no issues (and appreciate) people pointing them out.

I possibly should have benched Jokic if he only gets the 1 game this week, but I would still not be surprised if I end up with lower scorers on court based on what he can score. Was in a meeting all morning and wasn't aware he was still in doubt this week. Zero games and I'll still have bench cover I guess.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Bridges on court for ages doing nothing much :love::cry:

EDIT 41 mins for 3pts

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Need $$$

Sengun - > Bassey
Bledsloe - > Cunningham
Achiuwa - > Robinson-Earl

Very little idea of what I am doing each week , which I prefer.

Much more enjoyable and fun to play with no expectations

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bridges, DeRozan, Bamba, Russell🤢🤮
Morant🤢🤮

What a disaster

I know how to turn players into spuds

AFL Club
Collingwood
Need $$$

Sengun - > Bassey
Bledsloe - > Cunningham
Achiuwa - > Robinson-Earl

Very little idea of what I am doing each week , which I prefer.

Much more enjoyable and fun to play with no expectations
I personally really like Bassey for the bench center spot.. I just dont have the trades to be bringing him in... Im already trying to correct stuff i shoulda done weeks ago. Great set of trades imo.. you're doing pretty well for someone who isn't paying too much attention, wp.

AFL Club
Collingwood
What on earth happened to the Bulls lol... barely anybody coughed up any points. Also, shoutout Hart.. wanted to bring him in but didnt have the balls to commit

AFL Club
Collingwood

Fair point, but it ain't that serious bro. Like others have mentioned, if u know what you are looking for, most trades will be the same. If anything, there would be a lot more mistakes being made that coulda been easily fixed, which is not fun for anyone.

Also, if I'm being honest... If you're following advice given here/trades others are making, you're not gonna win. For the more competitive people on this site, I'd recommend picking players that aren't being mentioned on here (but obviously aren't consistently performing badly).

AFL Club
West Coast
Fair point, but it ain't that serious bro. Like others have mentioned, if u know what you are looking for, most trades will be the same. If anything, there would be a lot more mistakes being made that coulda been easily fixed, which is not fun for anyone.

Also, if I'm being honest... If you're following advice given here/trades others are making, you're not gonna win. For the more competitive people on this site, I'd recommend picking players that aren't being mentioned on here (but obviously aren't consistently performing badly).
Don't worry bro... I always think for myself and make my own decisions.

Was just an observation about the fascination of quite a few here about posting trade plans before the lockout. Probably should of known it would ruffle the feathers of some.

AFL Club
Sydney
Don't worry bro... I always think for myself and make my own decisions.

Was just an observation about the fascination of quite a few here about posting trade plans before the lockout. Probably should of known it would ruffle the feathers of some.
Didn’t mean it to come across that way, mate. Just saying why I do it to be honest.