Discussion NBA RDT Dream Team Discussion

Verbal Kint

AFL Club
Sydney
Irving looking a bit like a dud this week

Edit, DDR and White also falling back to earth. Roller-coaster! Seeing Ayton on 1 point makes me feel a bit better.

Last edited:

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Irving looking a bit like a dud this week

Edit, DDR and White also falling back to earth. Roller-coaster! Seeing Ayton on 1 point makes me feel a bit better.
No player from SAS really stood out that game. Hope it was just a aberration against MEM.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Having your entire side revolve around one player I never seen before in fantasy. Davis is just so dominant.
SC was like that during Gazza's premium years I reckon.

But yeah AD is an absolute beast. Just fills the stat sheet in every column... And he's so efficient at every thing he does.

Nathan

Best and Fairest
Having your entire side revolve around one player I never seen before in fantasy. Davis is just so dominant.
Not sure about that... has caused a lot of grief to people. It’s a different game with moving same player in and out team and game counts which I think makes him ‘less dominant’.

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just keep in mind AD is literally held together by sticky tape. Bit like Gaz in a sense ... scoring monster but those missed/injury affected games with the C on him can also bite you on the behind big time. I can get him this week but may need to bring in a loophole option to cover my behind as an insurance policy.

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Might see if I can triple down next week to make some cash...
Don’t mind this idea. I need to get more pts on court because I’m falling behind with weak mid priced punts. Seems a shame to move Bryant and White on though but think it’s gotta be some. Osman is another who could be moved on now as welll.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Just keep in mind AD is literally held together by sticky tape. Bit like Gaz in a sense ... scoring monster but those missed/injury affected games with the C on him can also bite you on the behind big time. I can get him this week but may need to bring in a loophole option to cover my behind as an insurance policy.
Yes and no. Have gone through Mirotic, Thompson injuries and a few no shows, a bit of luck required.
He can't keep this pace up. Just may have to miss him for better or worse.

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes and no. Have gone through Mirotic, Thompson injuries and a few no shows, a bit of luck required.
He can't keep this pace up. Just may have to miss him for better or worse.
Yes and no too ... No Cousins this year so he is the main man and in MVP contention along Harden, Giannis etc. Also a free agent I believe next year ... a hell of a lot to play for !!

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously, let this round be over.
I had that same decision this week, keep one and drop one. I only kept Westbrook as he scored more points last week and dropped less cash thus I figured he would drop less cash this week. Got lucky.

I do regret picking up DeRozan though. He just keeps throwing up brick after brick.

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
I had that same decision this week, keep one and drop one. I only kept Westbrook as he scored more points last week and dropped less cash thus I figured he would drop less cash this week. Got lucky.

I do regret picking up DeRozan though. He just keeps throwing up brick after brick.
Ordinarily I’d take Westbrook every time but it just seemed in recent times PG had been scoring more (obviously not lol). I don’t think it was luck on your part, your reasoning seems spot on (y)

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Oh wow how about the numbers being putting in the spurs okc game. Double OT and another every chance!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Having your entire side revolve around one player I have never seen before in fantasy. Davis is just so dominant.
Totally agree.

Each week he seems to be under a injury cloud or goes off and then comes back and keeps pumping out the numbers , 100+ points over Antetokounmpo for the season so far and has played 1 less game.

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Why regretting DDR ... having a very good year so far. Just got to ride the highs with the lows.
SAS are a very team oriented team ... no room for heads in the sky. Any game Aldridge, DDR can go off but at the same time they are bringing youth/unexpected players in through the system ... White, Forbes etc. Can be testing at times fantasy pts wise but I like the system ...

Last edited:

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ordinarily I’d take Westbrook every time but it just seemed in recent times PG had been scoring more (obviously not lol). I don’t think it was luck on your part, your reasoning seems spot on (y)
I looked at both and honestly went a totally different direction for a couple of reasons:
- Westbrook. Can drop anything from 20 - 40 odd. Can do it against any team and my focus was on other areas of my team.
- PG. Same boat as Westbrook. Primarily a shooter so it comes down to efficiency. Only players I like better in that position are Leonard / LBJ - one injured and the other not playing B2B games. KD also an option going forward ..

Last edited:

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Why regretting DDR ... having a very good year so far. Just got to ride the highs with the lows.
SAS are a very team oriented team ... no room for heads in the sky. Any game Aldridge, DDR can go off but at the same time they are bringing youth/unexpected players in through the system ... White, Forbes etc. Can be testing at times fantasy pts wise but I like the system ...
I just don't rate DeRozan very highly, and hate his up and down fantasy scoring. Plus the fact he has burnt me numerous times in the past.

Based on form I wanted & expected around 105 points from him this week... he is on 59 from 3 games so far so not a good chance to get what I wanted from him, and thus my disappointment in him.

I understand the San Antonio system just fine, but that still doesn't change my thoughts on DeRozan. He is nothing more than a volume shooter. If there was other options at SG/SF for this week and next I would have taken them but unfortunately there wasn't and at first opportunity DeRozan will one again be gone from my team.