Discussion NBA RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Scored 1175 in the final round. Went up to 152nd in the end. Happy with that, as i was stuck between 300th and 400th for the majority of the middle rounds. Was in two Grand Finals and lost one by one point and the other by five points, so a little bit stiff.

AFL Club
West Coast
Surely you have to be kidding regarding a terrible season?

Member of both the 1st and 2nd ranked league and ranked 4th from 20 coaches in SCS NBA 1 and 2nd in SCS NBA 2 from 10 coaches.

You have to stop setting unrealistic expectations for both trade ins and season performance, as it will continually end in disappointment.
By my standards yeah it was a terrible season, Usually around the top 20 mark every season in NBA DT.

People judge their own seasons differently. May look good to some on outside, but I wasn't happy with it, considering where I usually finish.

Had a horrible starting team that got off to a poor start, and then copped a ton of "COVID Protocol DNP's"... Really hampered my season.

AFL Club
Sydney
Equal 16th for the round, a good way to end the season. Would have easily won my only league final if I hadn't lost in the semis by 2 points, as I outscored both finalists by more than 100.

323rd overall for a first attempt. Started and ended fine, just got absolutely destroyed with injuries like many others in between. Not sure if I'll try again next season.
You definitely picked the worst season ever to commence your NBA fantasy coaching apprenticeship. Although in some respects it was probably a good season to learn the ins and outs of NBA fantasy which is it's own particular beast with the challenging scheduling component.

After about 6 weeks into the season and seeing how things were tracking I just plain quit so plaudits to you and the other guys who stuck it out and dealt with all the crap thrown up in 2021. I kind of saw the writing on the wall in the preseason hence didn't commit to any league play, as I feared that would be the likely outcome.

Assuming we return to some kind of normality next season I'll be signing up for league competition. Yes there is a significant luck component (as there is in all fantasy comps) but things went to another level this season with all the unusual circumstances.

So hopefully this season doesn't deter you from returning for the next one. Finishing equal 16th for the round is an excellent way to end and obviously shows you have what it takes to challenge for the prize money in 2022.

AFL Club
Collingwood
1127 Sabonis

Finished 321st

Was stuck in the 300's for the last 14 weeks

Like everyone had cancelled games , missed games , injuries etc etc

Frustrating yes , but once the week starts we have no say in what goes on , so learnt early in the season to accept it for what it is.

Can't see the point giving yourself ulcers every single hour , every single match , every single day , every single week about player(s)

Lucky to have a competition to play

Shout out to @Tails for his weekly player averages and schedules , much appreciated

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
1237 to cap off a great season for Lunchtime Legends
7th for the final week
17th overall

7/7 league grand final wins
In leagues ranked:
1,3,4,7,13,28,121(public)

Thanks everyone for all the info and advice
especially Tails for your fixture and player tracking

Trade of the year was Westbrook the week he fired up and started playing B2B games

Trade Regret was not bringing lamelo ball back in after trading him out rd2

See below premiership team

Attachments

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just put a cheat sheet together to show who was in what SCS NBA leagues for 2021 ... predominantly from this thread

- Future reference and backup also for me ... should have done this last year !!
- Hopefully it also shows that you didn't need to be a top 100 player to finish in a top league "this year" ... not always the case ...
- Still got no idea who team "Naz Reid" is but well done !!

- The SCS NBA 2 and 3 leagues were our stacked leagues by invite only aiming for the title ...
- The SCS NBA 1 league was open for anybody to join and the one I track player ownership etc for each year
- So it was a tough year for all involved but hope to see everyone back again next year ...

1621277053413.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just put a cheat sheet together to show who was in what SCS NBA leagues for 2021 ... predominantly from this thread

- Future reference and backup also for me ... should have done this last year !!
- Hopefully it also shows that you didn't need to be a top 100 player to finish in a top league "this year" ... not always the case ...

- The SCS NBA 2 and 3 leagues were our stacked leagues by invite only aiming for the title ...
- The SCS NBA 1 league was open for anybody to join and the one I track player ownership etc for each year
- So it was a tough year for all involved but hope to see everyone back again next year ...

View attachment 30131
Does this mean I get an invite to the big dogs league next year? 😊.

Love your work with the stats!

AFL Club
Sydney
A tough season - wow. Carnage every round 😂

Thanks for your tables Tails! I'll be back next season.

I started off ok, 82nd after round 2 but a slow decline set in due to poor decisions and bad luck (like most). Bottomed out at 400th in round 10 then made a slow recovery to 222nd overall. I was 36th in 2019 then 72nd in 2020. Not a great performance this season (in comparison) but I still enjoyed it.

6 scores over 1k - 4 of those in the final 4 rounds.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 30131

my first year outside the top 100 ever, copped hit after hit, but still enjoyed it.

Congrats to all those with their best results, well done especially Ryan and Matt

AFL Club
Hawthorn
251 overall, was a disappointing season for me, 3 previous season went better, gone 8, 10, 50, and now 251, next seasonI will look to go back the other way, Another Top 10 hopefully, last 2 seasons I had a mid year slump but then finish strong. Hoping no dips next season.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
251 overall, was a disappointing season for me, 3 previous season went better, gone 8, 10, 50, and now 251, next seasonI will look to go back the other way, Another Top 10 hopefully, last 2 seasons I had a mid year slump but then finish strong. Hoping no dips next season.
Typo finished 201 overall

AFL Club
Hawthorn
my first year outside the top 100 ever, copped hit after hit, but still enjoyed it.

Congrats to all those with their best results, well done especially Ryan and Matt
My 5 seasons I have played, I have finished
314, 8, 10, 50 and 201
First year, real amateur, traded Griffen in early and didn’t play the whole week, and my bench were all cheap duds, took me about 5 weeks to really know what I was doing, as with most this year creamed by injuries and H&S protocols