Discussion 2019 - 2020 NBA RDT

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m very comfortable starting Ja, Zion and RJ at the moment. Allows me Davis, Ante with Lebron to become Harden in week 2.
Interesting set up with 3 guns and 3 rookies on field ...
- Lebron > Harden costs about 2 mil but is doable ...
- Hard to gauge though without seeing what is left on your bench to generate cash ...

Interesting set up with 3 guns and 3 rookies on field ...
- Lebron > Harden costs about 2 mil but is doable ...
- Hard to gauge though without seeing what is left on your bench to generate cash ...
I can afford Harden over James straight but eeking the extra game out of James week 1.

Bench..
Simons
Alexander-Walker
Williams
Anunoby
Hachimura

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I can afford Harden over James straight but eeking the extra game out of James week 1.

Bench..
Simons
Alexander-Walker
Williams
Anunoby
Hachimura
TY for replying as it was an honest question ... better than I was expecting ...

- Williams under an injury cloud .... searching high and low for a bench player in that position and might have finally found a left field answer ....
- Simons by my calcs in his last PS game scored about what he is priced at with 21 mins of game time ... not a great sign ...
- NAW .... solid enough if he gets the game time ... scored 15 odd points with 20 min game time ..
- Anunoby ... had to look him up ... PS game still in progress but a tough team to get solid minutes in ...

Edit: totally get the James / Harden situation ...

TY for replying as it was an honest question ... better than I was expecting ...

- Williams under an injury cloud .... searching high and low for a bench player in that position and might have finally found a left field answer ....
- Simons by my calcs in his last PS game scored about what he is priced at with 21 mins of game time ... not a great sign ...
- NAW .... solid enough if he gets the game time ... scored 15 odd points with 20 min game time ..
- Anunoby ... had to look him up ... PS game still in progress but a tough team to get solid minutes in ...

Feel there are lot better bench players but at more cost.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Feel there are lot better bench players but at more cost.
Yep ... most rookies are priced at an 8 average ... tough lot to sort through this year as they can all obviously play ....

I'm sorting them in my mind by perceived game time opportunity and scoring ability .... have settled on about 4 - 6 ... to start with ...
I get that on field points are essential early on but I tend to play it differently and focus on cash generation to come home with the best possible team ...

Yep ... most rookies are priced at an 8 average ... tough lot to sort through this year as they can all obviously play ....

I'm sorting them in my mind by perceived game time opportunity and scoring ability .... have settled on about 4 - 6 ... to start with ...
I get that on field points are essential early on but I tend to play it differently and focus on cash generation to come home with the best possible team ...
I agree. Getting the right rooks early on is crucial to get the cash for upgrades. I Feel I've got something I like with just Zion on field.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Couple of wrong rookie errors last year, then inability to fix them due to preemo injuries put me way behind the pack, flew home, but it was too late to challenge top 20.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

yeah i had Simons in early after the buzz. That game scared me - could be a good downgrade if he gets hot and minutes come up, dont know if he gets 20 a night off the bat.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Also i have OG in my team, lot of talk of him being the starting SF in Toronto, lot of spare shots to be taken and they have long talked about him and Pascal being their future.

If you dig a bit further on his box score he was only 1/5 which will improve obviously and he played his minutes with the starters and they were all held out late.

Toss up between he hunter and reddish for my bench sf and whichever way I go I will get it wrong I'm sure. At least if either of Atlanta two go mental you can grab before price change week two

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No Lillard/CJ today and Simons balling out, if he gets minutes he will be a stud.

Treveon Graham starting in Minny today too could be an option and also not loaded in the game as it must not be a full contract, Chriss at GSW as a starter in that system should be real cheap

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sorting through some round 1 rookie priced players that play 3 games ....

Those without B2B games include: Morant, Culver, Simons, Bell, Claxton ...

Those that have a B2B set include: Zion, Barrett, Boucher, Fall, Hachimura, Hayes, Herro, Meyers, NAW, Williams (R), Wagner, White , Williams (G)

Why: well in most cases I wouldn't put the latter on field but Zion might be an exception ...

Last edited:
Geez it's hard not to have all Curry, Harden , Giannis in Rd 2 but so hard to get them in all in without damaging my Rd 1 structure