Discussion 2019 - 2020 NBA RDT

I think Kawhi genuinely needs rests to stay injury free. When he had to push himself in last years playo*** he could only jump off one leg and by finals had a noticeable limp.

It’s unfair on fans but also unfair to force people toward injury. I think it automatically takes him out of the MVP discussion.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Kawhi genuinely needs rests to stay injury free. When he had to push himself in last years playo*** he could only jump off one leg and by finals had a noticeable limp.

It’s unfair on fans but also unfair to force people toward injury. I think it automatically takes him out of the MVP discussion.
I might be in the minority, but i'm okay with Kawhi does, i'd rather he play at MVP level, for as long as his body will allow, with regular rest.

This is way better as a fan than him missing a year or burning out early. You are bang on re playo***, his body was giving up as they wore on playing back to backs.

It sucks if you buy tickets and he doesnt play sure, i think maybe the middle ground is clipps alert people early, and they can not buy or move on the tickets.

Late season resting cos your team is out the playo*** should be a fine

AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty sure they never play B2Bs in playo*** so not sure if that assumption is correct. Was more probably just wearing down due to the long season. Having two rests in the first 10 games is a bit different.
I don't have any opinion on the 'load management' but I would be annoyed as a fan if I paid money to watch him and he didn't show up. Can understand why the NBA isn't happy with it.

AFL Club
Sydney
Yesterday's resting was only such a big issue because it was a major televised game in the states.

I'm fine with resting of players, I'd rather it happen now that not have players like Kawhi in the post-season. Alternative is a much shorter season, which I can't see the NBA doing for financial reasons.

Pretty sure they never play B2Bs in playo*** so not sure if that assumption is correct. Was more probably just wearing down due to the long season. Having two rests in the first 10 games is a bit different.
I don't have any opinion on the 'load management' but I would be annoyed as a fan if I paid money to watch him and he didn't show up. Can understand why the NBA isn't happy with it.
Correct no B2Bs but less rest with a shorter rotation.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Simmons adds to my injury carnage this year, can’t take a trick this year oh well my luck has run out completely
Keep your head up ... you aint the only one with him ....

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yesterday's resting was only such a big issue because it was a major televised game in the states.

I'm fine with resting of players, I'd rather it happen now that not have players like Kawhi in the post-season. Alternative is a much shorter season, which I can't see the NBA doing for financial reasons.
I have no issues when TOR said right from the season start he will not play B2B games ... which one he played was anyone's guess ... sucks for supporters though ....

- But at least TOR were straight up front ....