Discussion 2018-2019 NBA RDT

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm going to put faith in him. Plays no B2B's in his 4 games this week.
Starts on a B2B next week but it is against formidable opposition in the Clippers and Warriors, it's been said he's close to playing them, i think with those fixtures that's as good a time as any that it will happen.

The price is still so very good.
Yeah his price is almost too good to pass up but i wonder if that is what's clouding my judgement. I'm right on the fence with him at the moment.

The problem is, there aren't a whole bunch of really appealing options this week :unsure:

Yeah his price is almost too good to pass up but i wonder if that is what's clouding my judgement. I'm right on the fence with him at the moment.

The problem is, there aren't a whole bunch of really appealing options this week :unsure:
I guess it depends whether you think he will play that B2B or not.
He's 4th on SF avg behind Giannis, KD and LBJ (fair bit of value in his price compared to those 3) and 7th on total points with DDR, Tobias and PG13 ahead of him but a fair way behind in the avg column.
Personally think Gallinari is the next best for the price this week, and I also like the cut price Bogdanovic. However I'm just that keen on getting him back for this run, if it blows up so be it, LBJ blew up this week.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm going to put faith in him. Plays no B2B's in his 4 games this week.
Starts on a B2B next week but it is against formidable opposition in the Clippers and Warriors, it's been said he's close to playing them, i think with those fixtures that's as good a time as any that it will happen.

The price is still so very good.
Via Rotoworld: The Cavs could not stop him as Kawhi scored at least 34 points in consecutive games for just the third stretch of his career (four games in January 2017, two games in March 2017).

Wonder if anyone will be game enough to captain him this week. I'm considering it but will likely just captain 1 of Giannis/Harden.

Via Rotoworld: The Cavs could not stop him as Kawhi scored at least 34 points in consecutive games for just the third stretch of his career (four games in January 2017, two games in March 2017).

Wonder if anyone will be game enough to captain him this week. I'm considering it this week but will likely just captain 1 of Giannis/Harden.
He's my 2nd best 4 game option behind Davis. If i didn't have Davis I would be punting on Kawhi, whether that's smart or not who knows

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I guess it depends whether you think he will play that B2B or not.
He's 4th on SF avg behind Giannis, KD and LBJ (fair bit of value in his price compared to those 3) and 7th on total points with DDR, Tobias and PG13 ahead of him but a fair way behind in the avg column.
Personally think Gallinari is the next best for the price this week, and I also like the cut price Bogdanovic. However I'm just that keen on getting him back for this run, if it blows up so be it, LBJ blew up this week.
That's a good way of looking at it. Even if he misses a game he's probably averaging enough not to really hurt you, especially at his price.

I'm probably a bit bitter cos he's in my draft team so when he misses, it actually hurts me because most of our matches are decided by 50 pts or less.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I didn't have anything pressing to address this week so going to take this opportunity to focus on cash generation, which my team lacks.

Out: LaVine, Sexton, Connaughton
In: Kawhi, Frazier, Burks

Kawhi with 44 at that price and that average was too good to pass up in the end, even if he misses a game. Both Frazier and Burks should have some decent short term upside, in particular Frazier who's been starting since Payton has been out and has recorded 30 assists in his last 3 games!

Team this week:
Giannis, Frazier (White)
Harden, Burks (Monk)
Ayton (Bryant)
Leonard, DDR (Osman)
AD, LBJ (Bridges)

Last edited:

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
That's a good way of looking at it. Even if he misses a game he's probably averaging enough not to really hurt you, especially at his price.

I'm probably a bit bitter cos he's in my draft team so when he misses, it actually hurts me because most of our matches are decided by 50 pts or less.
Out of interest, what are others draft score totals to this point? I'm 7-0, after just beating the other undefeated team, with 5264 PF. 4891(3rd) and 4867(2nd) being the next best.

Edit: ESPN Standard 10 team league

Last edited:

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Out of interest, what are others draft score totals to this point? I'm 7-0, after just beating the other undefeated team, with 5264 PF. 4891(3rd) and 4867(2nd) being the next best.
Oh mine isn't done through RDT, so different scoring. Congrats on the undefeated year. I'm sitting in 3rd in ours, up against the top team this week.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Oh mine isn't done through RDT, so different scoring. Congrats on the undefeated year. I'm sitting in 3rd in ours, up against the top team this week.
Sorry, I should have stated that it is an ESPN standard 10 team league.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry, I should have stated that it is an ESPN standard 10 team league.
I'm on Yahoo, just an 8 teamer for us because it's full of first timers but will look to increase that number next year to 10 or even 12.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
For those considering Jackson.

Devin Booker (left hamstring) is currently without an official timetable to return.

This is the second time this season that Booker will be recovering from a left hamstring injury, but he said he expects to sit out more games this time around. Booker originally injured his left hamstring on October 24 and proceeded to sit out the next three games, but with the Suns now sitting on a 4-19 record, there won't be any incentive to rush him back. Elie Okobo figures to start while he's out, and there will be more opportunity for guys like Mikal Bridges, Josh Jackson and Jamal Crawford.

Igor Kokoskov is doubtful that T.J. Warren (ankle) will be able to play on Tuesday against the Kings.
Warren has missed the past two games for the Suns, and it sounds like that number will hit three on Tuesday. Josh Jackson should earn another start with him out, and he figures to see a lot of shots falling his way with Devin Booker (hamstring) also unavailable. He'll be someone to consider streaming in deep leagues, just beware of the shooting percentages.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ended up going:

Walker > Lowry
KD > Kahwi
Capela > AD (C)

Team this week:

Harden (3), Lowry (4) | Young (3)
Jrue (4), Lavine or Doncic (3)
Ayton (3) | Robinson (4)
Kawhi (4), DDR (4) | Osman (4)
AD (4 and C), Vonleh (4) | JJJ (3)

Rationale:
- Sad to see KD and Capela go as both will likely increase further in value this week.
- I had to remind myself that I never originally planned to keep either of them for more than one week
- KD is out because Curry is back so his great scoring run might drop off a touch. Hopefully Kawhi can match his output.
- Capela is out because CP is back and his minutes may revert to normal so his great scoring run might drop off a touch. Needed AD for his 4GW and C choice.
- Walker to Lowry is pretty much a straight swap for 4GW schedules.
- Fielding Vonleh over JJJ this week purely for his 4GW. Likely to break even but Vonleh has shown he can put is some great weekly runs.

Good luck to all this week ...

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Ended up trading...

LBJ to Kawhi
Mirotic to Conley (via Giannis)
Collins to Holmes

Had no idea Mirotic was going to be out as I have to get my trades done Monday nights. So just got lucky. Was hoping for Conley in 3 games to come close to Mirotic in 4, so should work out in my favor and hopefully Conley gets another huge price rise while having 4 games in each of the next 2 weeks after this week.

Didn't want to cop another huge LBJ price drop so punted him and likely to just skip him next week.

Upgrading Collins to Holmes on my bench should also provide some nice cash generation as Holmes has been fantastic these last few weeks since Chandler got traded.