Discussion NBL Fantasy - SC 2023 (SC Group 976762) - GW20 Thurs 15th Feb @5:30pm AEDT

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Torn between trusting my gut manek should double double a lot and an underwhelming series

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Time to sign up people.. Not long until the season starts.

SCS League Code - ZTVCASVZ

@Hondo , @Killerbees , @FSTOS , @BarkingGhecko , A_C , @Connoisseur

Feel free to invite any other that may be interested
Thanks the invite @Lost In The Sky. Happy to give it another go again and hopefully I can fare better than my last attempt.

Briefly read a few articles this morning along with your preseason posts and will use this as a starting point.
PG: J Magette, (T Johnson)
SG: T Harvey, (C Webster)
SF: J McVeigh, (DJ Mitchell)
PF: L Travers (Deng Deng)
C: A Baynes, (I Humphries)
Sixth Man: S Froling
Remaining salary= $90,000

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’ve joined to get an understanding of how to play however I am not committing yet.

I would appreciate it if someone was willing to share some of the strategic subtleties of the game.
I would prefer to defer to the other more knowledgeable coaches with greater performances at this format but I will give it a quick go.

The game guidelines subsection found in the help section on the menu icon on the far left hand corner of the website would be a good starting point.

Key items to note:
  • Bench players contribute 50% of their score to your team total each round.
  • Point scoring:
  • 3F5C720A-D1F0-4A93-9FCB-505D985099A3.jpeg
  • Similar to BBL, a large emphasis needs to be placed on the fixture when considering selections (Post 900 on Page 45 of this thread)
Applying some of the strategies used in the BBL will hold you in good stead for this format, given the similarities.

In the basketball fantasy formats you want to target players with high usage rates as this can compensate for poor efficiency by stuffing the stat sheet. With the bench contributing to your score and no captaincy loophole, it is best to maximise all cash generating positions. Avoid overspending on single game options instead seeking value for their future doubles.