Discussion NBL Fantasy - SC 2023 (SC Group 976762) - GW20 Thurs 15th Feb @5:30pm AEDT

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can keep Kell, trade McVeigh, still grab a Perth big and bring Cheatham back onfield with Sarr over Pinder. Mangok could be an option as well but hesitant going with four New Zealand players.
View attachment 67783
All out for 395 and time to play the waiting game.

A bit of tunnel vision on grabbing a big man to push Froling to the bench as neither of Pinder or JLA would have worked but was scared about the matchups for Froling and his ceiling compared to the aforementioned thus meaning Travers did not get much of a look in. Sarr over Pinder late worked a treat as did PJC over Cotton as captain. Great performance by McVeigh and Marshall as the singles to cover the late absence of Kell, once trades were used.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Nice way to end the season.

Have learned a lot in my first season of any form of basketball Fantasy.
Excellent,

Surely time for you now to join us for Sportsdeck NBA to try and juggle the schedules of twos, threes, fours or fives for a side per round with the onfield line up of 2PG, 2SG, 1C, 2SF and 2PF. ;)

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Excellent,

Surely time for you now to join us for Sportsdeck NBA to try and juggle the schedules of two, threes, fours or fives for a side per round with the line up of 2PG, 2SG, 1C, 2SF and 2PF. ;)
Haha, I’m not ready to venture into the world of international sport just yet. Will stick to the homegrown stuff for now!

AFL Club
North Melb.
Possibly for next season but have you considered posting your side at the conclusion of each round inclusive of remaining trades and remaining salary with either your current thoughts or as a means to utilise the resources at your disposal here to see what others may recommend if you were not overly interested in the latter half?
No. I prefer to live or die by my own decisions.

To be clear my late season apathy is a result of such a bad run with injuries and performance (and consequential value loss) since round 13 that my team was basically uncompetitive against teams like your own by the end.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No. I prefer to live or die by my own decisions.
No worries.

Asking for assistance does not take the decision out of your hands nor are you indebted to explicitly follow it. Personally I think it is great to take advantage of all the minds on offer we have here to see how someone else would navigate the situation. Can be used as a reassurance for your thoughts (if it is necessary or if it holds any weight, depending on the poster), identify something you may have missed or not fully considered, or can be disregarded entirely if you are set on trades but interested to see which way others would go without letting if influence your decision making.

I like to do it as early as possible (eg lockout opening) as the less I consider at that stage, the possibility the less I have to do later in the round (prior to the start) given the possibility that someone may lay out the various scenarios and thought process that I would have eventually came to as well. Working smarter not harder but largely due to all my fantasy formats on the go.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not too shabby considering I would have caught all up roughly 30 to 90 minutes of action for the entirety of the season. Played the last few seasons to support the initiative of @Lost In The Sky in the hope that it might attract others to give it a try. From memory I missed a round (after lockout) last season and maybe another soon after and had trouble juggling it along with all the other formats, commitments, etc so was considering giving it a miss this season. Decided to stay on with the switch to Supercoach which turns out to have been a great decision.

Better to finish 20th than inside the top 10 given the lack of prizes compared to the other SC formats, as I would have felt aggrieved registering two top ten finishes across the basketball formats in the last few years (4th in 2022 NBA Sportsdeck) for a poultry $75 reward. :ROFLMAO: Now time to do it in a format that counts for monetary purposes.:ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
West Coast
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 6.30.18 pm.png
Would’ve been nice to finish off the season better but Cotton as C was unfortunate. Haven’t posted my scores here for a while, been busy. Have hovered between 147-206 since round 13 so not much movement.

At the end of the day, happy to finish with a top 200 finish. The main thing I’ll take out of this season is to keep an eye out for more cash making opportunities. I got too fixated on chasing doubles and missed a lot of the key cash generators. My team value finished at $3,000,700, I count just 2 in the top 85 who have a lower team value.

Thanks for all those who provided information throughout the season.

AFL Club
Carlton
Excellent,

Surely time for you now to join us for Sportsdeck NBA to try and juggle the schedules of twos, threes, fours or fives for a side per round with the onfield line up of 2PG, 2SG, 1C, 2SF and 2PF. ;)
That's a scary thought and a bridge too far for me as another first timer.
Although winning my "public league " has me not giving this the never again treatment.