Discussion NBL Fantasy - SC 2023 (SC Group 976762) - GW20 Thurs 15th Feb @5:30pm AEDT

AFL Club
West Coast
Wonder what implications that will have for the start of the season next week.

There is surely going to be trouble on the East Coast.

AFL Club
West Coast
NBL to allow COVID-19 replacement players

NBL clubs will be able to replace players and, in extreme circumstances, request for games to be postponed as part of a new COVID-19 policy.

The season is due to tip-off in Hobart on Friday, the build-up muddied by several fixture delays and cancellations due to positive tests and border restrictions.

The New Zealand Breakers have been hardest hit, with a number of players as well as coach Dan Shamir and CEO Matt Walsh testing positive to the virus since arriving in Australia, where they will be based until at least 2022.

While obligated to suit up for their season opener against South East Melbourne on Saturday, with or without their coach, the NBL has allowed for some reprieve in a new COVID-19 replacement policy announced on Wednesday.

The policy allows clubs to replace a player if they're unavailable for selection due to COVID-19 protocols.

The replacement, who can play for multiple teams during the season, will be contracted on a game-by-game basis and must be released once the player they're replacing is cleared to return.

The rule is in addition to the injury replacement rule, however, a contracted injury replacement player may be selected as the COVID-19 replacement player.

A team must engage a COVID-19 replacement player if they have less than eight active players available for a game.

However, if "after exhausting all reasonable options" a team is unable to field eight active players for a game they may request to have the game postponed.

The ruling will help avoid scenarios in the NBA this season, when the COVID-19 ravaged Philadelphia 76ers used just seven players in one game.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only 2 days to get your teams set people... Good Luck for the Season!!
Would like to participate again but strapped for time over the coming days. Would you be able to reply to this post or refer me to the post which contains the schedule as well as any league codes?

AFL Club
Melbourne
Would like to participate again but strapped for time over the coming days. Would you be able to reply to this post or refer me to the post which contains the schedule as well as any league codes?
1st post has Code and 2nd post has schedule (page 1}

AFL Club
Adelaide
Finally have some time off and really want to give this another go. But just realised that opening tip off is tomorrow and I that have absolutely no clue about the players and how they fit in their teams. Unsure if I can conjure the effort as there is too much research to do in limited time.

My strategy would be:
- Build overall bank as much as possible from the very start. Don't chase early doubles. Maybe only start one expensive premium for captain and don't be afraid to leave even 1m in the bank.
- Get the cheapies and 1m imports (especially ball handling PGs and PFs/Cs) right.
- Get a PG/SG (ball handling PG) on the SG line (starter and bench). Can always rotate between PG and SG lines.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Switched to

McCarron / Mcdowell-White
Cotton / King
Travers / Mcveigh
Law / Vodanovich
Majok / Magnay
Johnson

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looks really solid to me.

Sotto not playing the first game vs Perth... but as a long play I like the pick.
Greatly appreciate it and good luck for the upcoming season. I had a quick browse over the schedule and some of the resources I recall that we used regularly last season. Hopefully I can manage to watch some matches over the coming months given I did not catch much/if any of the previous season.