Discussion NBL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Hawky

AFL Club
West Coast
Look at you lot... engaging on this forum and leaving FSTOS and I over at Ozhoops!

Sitting just inside the top 100 prior to the round commencing, never start well so not too concerned.

Not the best looking team on paper, but all scoring well and rising in value. Leaves me well setup for the following weeks (7 on double this week/ 5 next week) and can begin looking at next block of doubles from next week onwards. Living and dying with no Bogut again and I have too much $$ on the bench which I’ll rectify in the coming weeks:

RJ
Webster
Hopson
Kay
Long
Magnay

Ball
Djeric
Didi
Deng
Pineau

happy with Websters start, not too concerned with Hopsons injury as all in the running will have him.

FSTOS

One of the best aspects of entering a new competition is the lack of knowledge regarding players due to predispositions not being present which is why I recommend for others foreign to these formats to give them a go.
I somewhat agree but on the other hand I can almost guarantee that at least one of Webster, Abercrombie, Gliddon or AJ Ogilvy will lure you into their trap and then just as quickly toss your hopes out the window before seasons end lol.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No S Long:cry: and hoping new recruit Bogut can post a similar or greater score as captain.

Now 2/206 with K Noi and D Pineau to have both completed their match as well as on the bench.
DGW: N Kay, B Cotton, A Bogut (C), R Hampton, C Webster, S Hopson, M Majok (bench)
SGW: L Ball and A Glover both on bench

FSTOS

This game is soul destroying lol. At half time in the Breakers Cats game I was up to 15th position despite having only Cotton and Hampton in the game. Webster, Ashley and Kay were a little down and Cotton was looking a great chance at a DD with 6 assists already. Sure he only had 4 pts but it's Cotton and he will score plenty in the second half.

From that point on everything went pear shape. Cotton went backwards and the others lifted.

Sitting in 54th currently and need a huge Bogut performance tomorrow to get me back to where I started.

Losing money on Cotton, Griffin and Grida is an even bigger blow.

Well done to those who brought in Webster and Ashley.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
10/502

A Bogut (C) still to play.

Kay's poor performance ensures he is traded this upcoming round and quite laughable that the duo of N Kay and B Cotton managed to combine for 110 from their DGW only just beating C Webster (109) by 1 point.

Hawky

AFL Club
West Coast
10/502

Kay's poor performance ensures he is traded this upcoming round and quite laughable that the duo of N Kay and B Cotton managed to combine for 110 from their DGW only just beating C Webster (109) by 1 point.

Hopefully Hopson is back, those of us with both kay and Hopson really have our trade outs set for the week and a week in which a lot of teams finish their double runs.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
This game is soul destroying lol. At half time in the Breakers Cats game I was up to 15th position despite having only Cotton and Hampton in the game. Webster, Ashley and Kay were a little down and Cotton was looking a great chance at a DD with 6 assists already. Sure he only had 4 pts but it's Cotton and he will score plenty in the second half.

From that point on everything went pear shape. Cotton went backwards and the others lifted.

Sitting in 54th currently and need a huge Bogut performance tomorrow to get me back to where I started.

Losing money on Cotton, Griffin and Grida is an even bigger blow.

Well done to those who brought in Webster and Ashley.
Yeah I dropped from 27th to 65th overall yesterday. Not fun sliding down the live rankings at all, lol

Webster and Ashley going nuts this weekend is just what I didn't want happening. Well done to those who grabbed them... I wish I could have.

I feared this might happen with Cotton... Pretty hard for most teams with 2 away games in a round but Perth had a horror trip with the amount of distance they had to cover with a trip to Brisbane then on to New Zealand but not just that... they had to go down to Invercargill as well. I stayed away from Cotton after looking at the schedule and also seeing that he was performing well above last years avg. I didn't expect Kay to be so poor though, but in hindsight the travel plus the huge workload he's had over the summer with the Boomers... I guess there was bound to be a dip at some point.

Hoping for a good day today with Long as my Captain and also Didi & Bogut starting, with Bruce & JLA on the bench. Sitting on 425 so hope to make up a ton of ground today. Bogut going huge would be great as he is not as popular in the teams ahead of me.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
10/502

Yeah it wasn't ideal from the Perth guys. Kay definitely has to go, hopefully he doesn't drop the full 100k this week but I fear he will.

Hopefully Hopson is back, those of us with both kay and Hopson really have our trade outs set for the week and a week in which a lot of teams finish their double runs.
Thing we got lucky with Hopson in a way... In that just about every single top team had him. So the loss was negated. Was still very annoying though.

Very tricky 3-4 weeks coming up schedule wise. Going to take some planning to navigate it and get maximum points.

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
** pre R6 being open **

R5 Score: 598
Rd Rank: 1170
Overall Rank: 201
On-field: Hampton, Didi, Tate, Long, Bogut (C), Hopson
Bench: Roberson, Djeric, Noi, Pineau, Magnay
Trades made: Kay/Brooks-->Bogut/Tate

Bad round. Bogut C over Long, Hopson, chose Tate over Webster because of the positional change given to Didi (burned by Webster before). The good was picking the time to trade Kay and not owning Cotton. I was watching the points last night and cringing with the Bogut C v Long head to head even though I did at least have Long.

It's a tricky round R6 in prep for R7 with NZ, Melb and Sydney stopping their doubles runs. I still have 6 players from those teams currently. Bogut and Long can probably hold down a spot on a single at least for one week. After that it's trading doubles in one round for another so I need to look hard at the schedule.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
R5 Score: 644
Rd Rank: 617th
Overall Rank: 48th
On-field: Hampton, Didi, Hopson, Kay, Long (C), Bogut,
Bench: Bruce, Djeric, Noi, Pineau, JLA
Trades made: Creek & Ball --> Bogut & Hampton

Really average round. Dropped from 27th to 48th whilst having the supposed big 3 of Long, Bogut & Kay. Kay was completely horrid this round and really needs to go, but injuries to Didi & Hopson might mean Kay has to be held. The Hopson injury was annoying but everyone up top copped that one. The Didi injury equally annoying, but he was a little more unique as a starter so hurt even more... This guy just won't play with any hint of discomfort it seems.

Really have some hard choices to be made over the next few rounds to try and get the season back on track. As Hondo said it's a tricky schedule and will be hard to navigate.

Did manage to come 4th for the week in Gameday though. I VC'd Kay on Friday so that's likely where I lost it.

Hawky

AFL Club
West Coast
R5 Score: 698
Rd Rank: 143rd
Overall Rank: 45th
On-field: Hampton, Webster, Hopson, Kay, Long (C), Magnay,
Bench: Ball, Djeric, Didi, Deng, Pineau
Trades made: JLA & Brooks > Magnay & Webster

Solid round, seriously considered Ashley late but chose to trade JLA instead of Deng. Hopson/Didi injuries hurt, but most have them.

Hopson/Didi look like trade outs this week. Need to work through how I get a decent starter on court at SF and also looking toward the next block of schedules. Kay not an ideal hold, but I have faith he can bounce back and really is needed for round 7.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Think we all need to contact Fan Hub via the "Contact Us" part of the Fantasy site... If we want Rice Jr added before tomorrow's lockout. I see SEM Injury Replacement Jaye Crockett has been added this morning so if enough people contact them they might add Rice Jr also.

He might be a good replacement for the injured Hopson this week. He played under the Breakers coach Dan Shamir in Israel where Rice Jr lead the league and averaged 24.5 points, 7.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.9 steals per game.

From the NZ Breakers article...

The 28-year-old Shooting Guard has had NBA stints with the Philadelphia 76ers and Washington Wizards but particularly shone on court under the guidance of Dan Shamir at Hapoel Holon last year.

“I remember very vividly we put him in the first game after we signed him and immediately everyone on the team realised what he can do for us and his effect on our team as a whole,” said Shamir.

“Very quickly we became probably the strongest and most exciting team in the league and I’m definitely hoping he will bring the same thing to the Breakers.”