Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 573
Rd Rank: 1639
Overall Rank: 298
Trades made: Out: J Roberson, E Griffin, In: A Glover, A Bogut

Captain Bogut on debut was underwhelming in comparison to the superb form from S Long who I was surprised to notice is the 4th most popular player behind L Ball, D Pineau and K Noi. Hopson's injury is disappointing as I'll have to veer from my initial trade plans.

1573025214389.png

Current trade plans involve trading N Kay and S Hopson to S Long and C Moller as forgoing Long would be to severe to my ranking and selecting him could allow Bogut to be traded to Griffin for his upcoming doubles next week thus allowing the likes of M Majok, K Noi or A Glover to be upgraded.

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
So do we keep trading in Sydney, NZ or United guys despite their doubles running out?

I’m starting to think every decent team will be overflowing with players from these teams come next week. Strategy being if all in the same boat just go with it. I have pineau and Roberson ready to step up next week. Might just go with 2 more doubles next week and leave Bogut and Long as is.

A_C

AFL Club
Adelaide
round 5
score: 644
overall rank: 60
starters: hampton, louzada, hopson, kay, long, mccarron
bench: roberson, deric, noi, pineau, majok
trades out: ball, brooks
trades in: mccarron - dpp + potential cash increase, louzada - dpp
considered: webster, ashley, trimble, goulding, tate, cotton

+ trading in mccarron for now. prather limited minutes? hopefully a 0.25m cash increase before trading him out. :)
- injuries. boone, brooks, hopson and now louzada. :sick:

thoughts:
really want to trade out kay as he is bleeding cash and holding him will compromise my future trade plans.
don't really want to trade in bogut for just one round.
willing to hold louzada if his injury is minor as his dual position is important for my future trade plans.

need to get the calculator and excel spreadsheet out. :LOL: thinking of taking a points hit this week. all or nothing strategy. :oops:

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not totally sold that those with Kay need to rush him out just because of last round. Listening to the Basketball Blokes podcast apparently he had a specific roll in the two games that was not fantasy helpful but not necessarily a role he will do this round and his double next. With such a trick transition in team structure after this round having Kay up your sleeve for his double could be handy.

He will only lose $100K thanks to what I still think is a strange way of handling price changes in a fantasy sports game.

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think we all need to contact Fan Hub via the "Contact Us" part of the Fantasy site... If we want Rice Jr added before tomorrow's lockout. I see SEM Injury Replacement Jaye Crockett has been added this morning so if enough people contact them they might add Rice Jr also.

He might be a good replacement for the injured Hopson this week. He played under the Breakers coach Dan Shamir in Israel where Rice Jr lead the league and averaged 24.5 points, 7.9 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.9 steals per game.

From the NZ Breakers article...

The 28-year-old Shooting Guard has had NBA stints with the Philadelphia 76ers and Washington Wizards but particularly shone on court under the guidance of Dan Shamir at Hapoel Holon last year.

“I remember very vividly we put him in the first game after we signed him and immediately everyone on the team realised what he can do for us and his effect on our team as a whole,” said Shamir.

“Very quickly we became probably the strongest and most exciting team in the league and I’m definitely hoping he will bring the same thing to the Breakers.”
he's been added , $1m SF/SG

I'm bringing him rightly or wrongly

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast

That's great and a little unexpected, lol Fan Hub are usually terrible at bringing in new guys on time.

Yeah I'm bringing him in too. I reckon having played under the coach recently, and knowing his system... Will lead to an easy transition. He's certainly talented enough to come straight in and produce.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

That's great and a little unexpected, lol Fan Hub are usually terrible at bringing in new guys on time.

Yeah I'm bringing him in too. I reckon having played under the coach recently, and knowing his system... Will lead to an easy transition. He's certainly talented enough to come straight in and produce.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 573
Rd Rank: 1639
Overall Rank: 298
Trades made: Out: J Roberson, E Griffin, In: A Glover, A Bogut

Captain Bogut on debut was underwhelming in comparison to the superb form from S Long who I was surprised to notice is the 4th most popular player behind L Ball, D Pineau and K Noi. Hopson's injury is disappointing as I'll have to veer from my initial trade plans.

View attachment 12526

Current trade plans involve trading N Kay and S Hopson to S Long and C Moller as forgoing Long would be to severe to my ranking and selecting him could allow Bogut to be traded to Griffin for his upcoming doubles next week thus allowing the likes of M Majok, K Noi or A Glover to be upgraded.
Thanks to G Rice Jr being added before lockout my trades are Out: N Kay, S Hopson, In: G Rice Jr, S Long
1573088512729.png

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
So do we keep trading in Sydney, NZ or United guys despite their doubles running out?

I’m starting to think every decent team will be overflowing with players from these teams come next week. Strategy being if all in the same boat just go with it. I have pineau and Roberson ready to step up next week. Might just go with 2 more doubles next week and leave Bogut and Long as is.
It's a tough one. You are going to have to sacrifice at some point... The schedule is just too tricky over the next 4 weeks. So do you take the points on offer now or do you wait and go for future points. I usually like to go for points now as things can (and usually do) change in the future and you usually end up having to change your plans anyway.

My hand is forced this week anyway in that I need to offload 2 injured players in Hopson & Didi.

I'm not totally sold that those with Kay need to rush him out just because of last round. Listening to the Basketball Blokes podcast apparently he had a specific roll in the two games that was not fantasy helpful but not necessarily a role he will do this round and his double next. With such a trick transition in team structure after this round having Kay up your sleeve for his double could be handy.

He will only lose $100K thanks to what I still think is a strange way of handling price changes in a fantasy sports game.
If I didn't have to deal with Didi & Hopson... I think I might have traded Kay this week just to save the 100k. I fear I'm a little behind in cash generation due to a few risky moves these last few weeks that haven't payed off.

I was in a position a lot weren't able to be in in Round 4 sitting in 9th Overall and being able to bring Creek in when most couldn't... He completely failed me that week, dropping cash and putting in putrid scores, It really hurt me. Then last week I was able to have the "Big 3" of Kay, Long and Bogut, again when most couldn't... Long was terrific, But Kay was putrid and Bogut underwhelming in his second game. So once again a big fail.

But I think Kay will respond this week. The addition of Scott Roth to the Wildcats coaching should really benefit Kay. Roth has a good history with developing big men in the NBA (Nowitzki, P.Gasol, Valanciunas, Porzingis) so he should help.... Also was in Milwaukee when they drafted Bogut so he knows him well too. Spending his time mentoring our bigs will only make them better.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Games played throughout that period:
Adelaide: 7 (2DGW- RD7, RD8)
Brisbane: 7 (2DGW- RD8, RD10)
Cairns: 7 (2DGW- RD8, RD10)
Illawarra: 5 (0DGW)
Melbourne: 7 (2DGW- RD6, RD9)
NZ: 7 (2DGW-RD6, RD10)
Perth: 7 (2DGW- RD7, RD10)
SEM Phoenix: 6 (1DGW- RD7)
Sydney: 7 (2DGW- RD6,RD10)

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast

louzada spotted at training in brisbane. don't know what we can take from these images.
Don't like the one of him standing on the sidelines.... Gut feel is he misses the first game, and will be day-to-day for the second.

For me... I can't trust him and will be trading. He seems to have a low tolerance to any kind of discomfort.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
0/244

Played:
DGW:
On-field:RJ Hampton, G Rice Jr, S Long (C), A Bogut, C Webster

Yet to play:
On-field: B Cotton
Bench: D Pineau, M Majok, K Noi, A Glover, L Ball

Finally grabbed S Long after his hiatus since RD1 due to his double and ownership status to hopefully curb my ranking decline, replacing Kay and joining Bogut with both posting solid but underwhelming performances. In comparison, pleased with debutant Rice Jr as well as Webster continuing his fine form.