Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 476
Rd Rank: 2686
Overall Rank: 640

Trades: Out: A Glover, M Creek, In: S Deech, L Patterson
View attachment 13022
Be aware mate that Corey Webster is likely out for 2-3 week after injuring his ankle last week...

"Head coach Dan Shamir – a man facing a long list of uncomfortable truths at the moment – was certainly not sugar-coating the precarious place his team finds itself in after losing its best player, Corey Webster, to what looks a major ankle injury early in the second quarter.

Scans have cleared Webster of a fracture, though it's likely the ligament damage suffered will keep him out at least two to three weeks. By then this season that teeters on the brink could well have fallen all the way into the toilet.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Be aware mate that Corey Webster is likely out for 2-3 week after injuring his ankle last week...

"Head coach Dan Shamir – a man facing a long list of uncomfortable truths at the moment – was certainly not sugar-coating the precarious place his team finds itself in after losing its best player, Corey Webster, to what looks a major ankle injury early in the second quarter.

Scans have cleared Webster of a fracture, though it's likely the ligament damage suffered will keep him out at least two to three weeks. By then this season that teeters on the brink could well have fallen all the way into the toilet.
Thanks. Had contemplated Trimble and Machado earlier this week but decided against it and kept Webster who will be traded out next week along with Rice Jr.

Last edited:

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
I decided on Trimble in the end
logged in tonight to check scores and was horrified to see the C on Noi! It’s happened accidentally no idea how. I’ve emailed and asked if they can change it but I strongly doubt they will
Wow... that's some bad luck right there. Very strange indeed. Hope it works out for you and thay can do something.

I'm having a horror 2 rounds myself... My worst 2 rounds in the 3 years Fantasy has been around.

Dropped from 40th overall to 156th last week thanks to no Ball, No Machado, Rice Jr & Djeric donuts and and avg Oliver as Captain.

Then this week I've started JLA for his -2 over Oliver's 77. Also was tossing up between LaMelo and Machado this week to bring in (the other to be brought in next week) and of course chose LaMelo when Machado goes for his 3rd straight 70+ game. Sitting in 236th now after starting last week 40th. Can't catch a break.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
And LaMelo Ball goes off for his second straight Triple Double with 25points, 12 Boards & 10 Assists for 90 Fantasy points!!!

Bringing him over Machado suddenly looking good... Only regret is not having them both yet.

Really happy with 42 from Sunday Dech as well, especially as I was forced to start him this week too.

Pearcey47

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Collingwood
And LaMelo Ball goes off for his second straight Triple Double with 25points, 12 Boards & 10 Assists for 90 Fantasy points!!!

Bringing him over Machado suddenly looking good... Only regret is not having them both yet.

Really happy with 42 from Sunday Dech as well, especially as I was forced to start him this week too.
Apparently Ball lost 1 of his assists in a stats adjustment so no triple double.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Apparently Ball lost 1 of his assists in a stats adjustment so no triple double.
I saw that tweet from Basketball Blokes... But they must have been wrong.

Lockout has now lifted and Ball still has the triple double for 25points, 12 Boards & 10 Assists for 88 Fantasy points after adjustments.

Pretty happy at that trade. I was debating weather to bring in Ball on a single or one of McCarron or Trimble. Turns out Ball beat them both on a single and went up 100k more where Trimble (82 points and 11k price drop) and McCarron (63 points and 34k price drop) both weren't as good. Saved a trade by not getting one of the MEL blokes as well.

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
Captaincy stuff up debacle not as costly as it could have been ..

R9 Score: 471
Rd Rank: 1,575
Overall Rank: 418
On-field: Machado, Creek, Noi C (FFS), Long, JLA, Trimbe
Bench: Hampton, Djeric, Braun, Oliver, Pineau
Trades made: Ashley/Magnay --> JLA/Trimble

The Noi C stuff up over Long "only" ended up costing me 42 points. So while that's a pain it could have been way worse. I also lost 28 points by starting JLA over Oliver.

I should have stuck with the Ball trade in but swayed onto Trimble because he was playing his old side and I thought it might spike him up. I was reasonably well set up for this round so figured I could hang off a week but it would have been better to have the extra trade this round. Trimble was good with 82 but it was 6 short of Ball on the one game. You punt that it may go the other way and you win some, lose some.

This week as it turns out I can trade Long to DJ/Kay/Ashley (leaning towards DJ despite being on a single v the other guys purely because of this price increase) and then Trimble up to Ball who I think must come in now.

AFL Club
West Coast
Captaincy stuff up debacle not as costly as it could have been ..

R9 Score: 471
Rd Rank: 1,575
Overall Rank: 418
On-field: Machado, Creek, Noi C (FFS), Long, JLA, Trimbe
Bench: Hampton, Djeric, Braun, Oliver, Pineau
Trades made: Ashley/Magnay --> JLA/Trimble

The Noi C stuff up over Long "only" ended up costing me 42 points. So while that's a pain it could have been way worse. I also lost 28 points by starting JLA over Oliver.

I should have stuck with the Ball trade in but swayed onto Trimble because he was playing his old side and I thought it might spike him up. I was reasonably well set up for this round so figured I could hang off a week but it would have been better to have the extra trade this round. Trimble was good with 82 but it was 6 short of Ball on the one game. You punt that it may go the other way and you win some, lose some.

This week as it turns out I can trade Long to DJ/Kay/Ashley (leaning towards DJ despite being on a single v the other guys purely because of this price increase) and then Trimble up to Ball who I think must come in now.

Patterson went up the full 100k as a different option with a good schedule.

AFL Club
West Coast
R9 Score: 500
Rd Rank: 932
Overall Rank: 74
On-field: Ball, Sobey, Creek, Pineau, Long (c), McCarron
Bench: Dech, Djeric, Patterson, Deng, Magnay
Trades made: DJ/Drmic--> McCarron, Patterson

Shouldn't have traded DJ, but with 3 x straight singles I didn't want to hold all that cash. Another mediocre round, too many wrong choices this season. Fortunately, the options I've gone with haven't been terrible, but could have been better. Still, team value rose another 200k and will continue to push high with my Melb players gone i'd suggest.

Well setup for next week and the weeks following. Thinking Long/McCarron to Oliver/Machado, which leaves me:

Ball
Sobey (x2)
Patterson (x2)
Deng (x2)
Oliver (x2)
Machado (x2)

Dech, Djeric (x2), Creek, Pineau, Magnay (x2).

Can then on trade my two Bris players to anyone, leaving nearly whole squad (besides ball/dech) on double for that round.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 436
Rd Rank: 2473
Overall Rank: 739
Trades made: Out: A Glover, M Creek, In: L Patterson, S Deech
Trades planned: Out: C Webster, G Rice Jr, In: S Machado, C Gliddon

Team after trades:
PG: L Ball, (RJ Hampton)
SG: B Cotton, (S Deech)
SF: L Patterson, (C Gliddon)
PF: E Griffin, (D Pineau)
C: C Oliver, (W Magnay)
6th man: S Machado

Hondo

350 Games Club
AFL Club
Adelaide
Patterson went up the full 100k as a different option with a good schedule.
I hadn't considered him because I was only looking at PFs but with switching Noi it opens up room for Patterson and I like it.

This season is suiting the Ball/Creek/Patterson types moreso than previous years where Bogut/Long/Kay types were the go and I've been too slow to adjust I think,

Long/Trimble to Patterson/Ball makes me

Machado, Patterson, Braun, Noi, Oliver, Ball (Hampton, Djeric, Creek, JLA, Pineau)

5 starters x 2 and 2 bench x 2.

Next round patterson to DJ and maybe Braun to Dech.

AFL Club
West Coast
R9 Score: 478
Rd Rank: 1,414
Overall Rank: 193
On-field: Ball, Creek, Drmic , JLA, Long (C), Dech
Bench: Bruce, Djeric, Noi, Oliver, Pineau
Trades made: Randle/Rice Jr --> Ball/Dech

Another really ordinary week. Have plummeted from 40th Overall to 193rd in just 2 weeks.

Seems that most decisions I'm making up until the weekends trades are the wrong ones.

Trading Randle to Ball however was a great trade. Decided to skip McCarron and Trimble and grab Ball now. Ball on a single outscored both of the MEL boys on the double and he also went up 100k, So I saved a trade by doing that. Dech was also great starting on a single for 46. JLA starting over Oliver was a terrible decision however that cost me points.

I hope I'm back on track now but my cap is just too poor to compete. Really hard to make up ground as the top teams with huge caps will only continue to pull away.

Looking back at my past trades... I just lost way too much money on going for the big guns each week trying to stay near the top... And didn't make anywhere near enough cash going for value picks.

Bogut the 2 times I had him lost me a combined 340k. Plus the ability to make 300k - 400k if I'd traded in better players in hot form.
Long the 2 times I had him lost me a combined 146k. Plus the ability to make 300k - 400k if I'd traded in better players in hot form.
Kay lost me a 399k. Plus the ability to make 500k if I'd traded in better players in hot form.

That's just too much cash lost by not selecting the value players.

AFL Club
West Coast
I hadn't considered him because I was only looking at PFs but with switching Noi it opens up room for Patterson and I like it.

This season is suiting the Ball/Creek/Patterson types moreso than previous years where Bogut/Long/Kay types were the go and I've been too slow to adjust I think,

Long/Trimble to Patterson/Ball makes me

Machado, Patterson, Braun, Noi, Oliver, Ball (Hampton, Djeric, Creek, JLA, Pineau)

5 starters x 2 and 2 bench x 2.

Next round patterson to DJ and maybe Braun to Dech.
Exactly my issue too mate. I've failed to adjust as well.

AFL Club
West Coast
That's interesting regarding Deshon Taylor remaining active replacing Moller... In previous years a replacement player could only be on the roster for the player they where replacing, and couldn't then tranfer to cover for a different player. They had to be let go.

So the rules must of been changed recently to allow them to do that.

AFL Club
West Coast
That's interesting regarding Deshon Taylor remaining active replacing Moller... In previous years a replacement player could only be on the roster for the player they where replacing, and couldn't then tranfer to cover for a different player. They had to be let go.

So the rules must of been changed recently to allow them to do that.
as the kings only had two imports, I believe Taylor was signed as an import and not an injury replacement.