Discussion NBL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
You would think it would have to. Minutes are king in this game and Dech's fantasy rise has been since Brooks got injured. It is a shame because he was in my future plans. Any price sub $1.0m was still going to be value based on how he has been scoring.
Dech will likely take a minutes hit, But I think he's earned some minutes with his play recently.

Hobson is a 32yo 6'7" SG/SF so he may be able to play beside Dech at times.

AFL Club
Adelaide
round 9
score: 531
overall rank: 62
starters: machado, mccarron, louzada, oliver, long, ball
bench: hampton, deric, noi, pineau, majok
trades out: drmic, johnson
trades in: mccarron, ball

trading out long and mccarron for kay and a sg/sf. deciding between patterson (best player), cotton (2 doubles in a row) and tate (value needed for next round).
worried that ball might have played his last game in the nbl.

AFL Club
Adelaide
i was going to bring Ball in.

How much is cap chasing worth. DJ v Melbourne on a single is not super attractive for points but he’s going up $100k

Edit - no this me a chance to get on Dech for Djeric.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Adelaide
i was going to bring Ball in.

How much is cap chasing worth. DJ v Melbourne on a single is not super attractive for points but he’s going up $100k
i probably wouldn't bring in dj on a single vs melbourne as a starter. maybe dech for your bench especially with the recent ball news, who will also go up 100k if you don't have him already.

AFL Club
Adelaide
i probably wouldn't bring in dj on a single vs melbourne as a starter. maybe dech for your bench especially with the recent ball news, who will also go up 100k if you don't have him already.
Yes Dech it is

Trimble gets a reprieve and allows me to start RJ as 6th man

AFL Club
West Coast
same here. worried that he will be wrapped up in cotton wool for the draft. does this also affect his price going forward?
I don't reckon Ball will be wrapped up. Still way too long before the draft in June next year. No point him just sitting out 6 months and letting others impress and jump him. He should play once he's foot injury is right which is hopefully next week.

Missing this week won't affect his price. A DNP has no effect. So once he resumes he should continue rising 100k per week.

Really tough call too hold or trade. If it's just 1 week out then it's probably better taking the points hit this week rather than using 2 trades (One to get rid of him and another to get him straight back). Pretty annoying situation, but there's a fair majority of the comp that will have to decide what to do.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I was planning DJ next week and now will want Ball as well. $300K spare but need Trimble and Patterson to not bomb. Or I just wait a week until Ball's doubles because there's a chance his production gets curtailed a bit either from the injury or the Hawks being told to keep him healthy (ie, manage him) over R12-15 when they play 8 games!

There's also the question about whether the new import will bring Ball back a bit. Prior to Brooks going down he was scoring 33-52 so it was good but not worth running over an equivalent double option. Since then 57, 70, 44, 114, 88. The 114 and 88 was v Cairns and New Zealand. His run from R11 is a bit tougher. In R18 he has those same two team again!

Not that his price will slow down by his doubles so you probably have to jump on regardless. Even at $2.0m if he is scoring 88-114 he's great value. I do query if he will sustain those crazy numbers post injury, possible management with 8 games in 4 weeks, with a new import in the side and with a tougher schedule. He could be one to avoid as a POD and take the risk that he randomly misses some games in that stretch.

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
If the Hawks are thinking of adding PF Billy Preston as well as Hobson... Than surely Ball is 100% staying here. That would make Boone, Preston & Hobson their 3 imports along with Ball as a Next Gen player... Would be silly to pursue Preston instead of another PG to replace Ball if Ball was going to leave early.

I reckon it's as the Hawks have said... Ball pulled up a bit sore and not worth risking an injury this weekend.

AFL Club
West Coast
Gotta laugh at the rotten luck I'm having these last few weeks...

Rice Jr was involved in last weeks trade with Ball... Ball misses this week and Rice goes for 84 in his first game with one more to come.
Traded Long to DJ... Long goes for 99 and DJ spuds it for just 15. Also heavily considered grabbing Kay (76 + ??) or Patterson (47 + ??) instead but thought DJ would be needed from next week and was sure to go up 100k.... So lost massive points starting DJ this week.

These last 3 weeks I've gone from 40th Overall to 297th. Every move is turning into a disaster.