Discussion AFLW (Season 6) Fantasy Game Discussion - Lucky7 wins AFLW Fantasy 2022

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I would recommend that anyone who is a fantasy footy or AFLW fan takes a look at this AFLW based fantasy comp

https://sheplays.com.au/aflw

I haven't looked thoroughly but it appears to be 21 player squad, 16 onfield with weekly trades.

I am unsure what their scoring system is like but if it is AFLW Fantasy points off the AFLW app then I have some records of player scores for 2019 and previous seasons, pm me if required.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah its happening on my work computer but can access OK on my phone. Will check laptop later tonight.
(I couldn't get it to work using KLo's method either).

AFL Club
Melbourne
Just found this early today and was coming on to post about it. Well done CP for finding and posting it as well. I didn't enjoy their initial input screen so have spent the past few hours creating my own spreadsheet to be able to look and select the players. Happy to share if needed.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The thing that concerns me about this comp is the lack of information regarding the scoring. They have a 'possible' scoring system but none of those stats are publically available for AFLW (that I know of) so the integrity of the actual scoring seems to be questionable at best.

I guess with no prizes it doesn't really matter but it would be better if they just used standard AFL Fantasy scoring.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Or it's a bit of fun - a practice run for the AFL season. But I like it as a way to get to know most of the new players and new teams coming in! Also happy to have a comp for the AFLW up and running (but a cash incentive would be nice...:LOL:)

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The thing that concerns me about this comp is the lack of information regarding the scoring. They have a 'possible' scoring system but none of those stats are publically available for AFLW (that I know of) so the integrity of the actual scoring seems to be questionable at best.

I guess with no prizes it doesn't really matter but it would be better if they just used standard AFL Fantasy scoring.

2019 Scoring System:
Effective metres gained† : 1 point per 5 metres (rounded to nearest point)
Contested possession : 3 points
Clearance : 5 points
Inside-50: 3 points
Hitout: 2 points
Mark : 2 points
Additional 6 points if contested
Additional 6 points if inside-50
Tackle : 4 points
Additional 4 points if inside 50
One-percenter : 4 points
Intercept : 4 points
Goal: 12 points
Behind: 1 point
Non-scoring shot: -1 point
Goal assist: 6 points
Score involvement: 3 points
Turnover: -1 point
Clanger: -3 points

AFL Club
Collingwood

2019 Scoring System:
Effective metres gained† : 1 point per 5 metres (rounded to nearest point)
Contested possession : 3 points
Clearance : 5 points
Inside-50: 3 points
Hitout: 2 points
Mark : 2 points
Additional 6 points if contested
Additional 6 points if inside-50
Tackle : 4 points
Additional 4 points if inside 50
One-percenter : 4 points
Intercept : 4 points
Goal: 12 points
Behind: 1 point
Non-scoring shot: -1 point
Goal assist: 6 points
Score involvement: 3 points
Turnover: -1 point
Clanger: -3 points
No idea where they even get these stats from. They certainly are not publicly available anywhere I can find, and I doubt they are paying Champion Data for the stats feed.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No idea where they even get these stats from. They certainly are not publicly available anywhere I can find, and I doubt they are paying Champion Data for the stats feed.
https://supercoachtalk.com/sct-aflw-fantasy-comp-2019-scoring-system/
“As to where I got it, the short answer is Champion Data. The long answer is by capturing the data Champion Data sends to the AFL website’s stats section. When you use the AFL’s stats site, it basically works as follows:
#1. You go to the stats section of the AFL website, and ask it to load some particular data.
#2. The website then uses Champion Data’s API to ask for the data.
#3. Champion Data’s servers look at the request, and see that it was sent by the AFL website (unfortunately it doesn’t work if you just send a request directly – I’ve tried).
#4 Champion Data’s servers send the relevant data in JSON format to your browser.
#5. Your browser uses that data to populate the AFL website’s tables.

So far, nothing unusual there. That’s how any AJAX site works. The trick comes with #4: before you’ve actually made the request, open up your browser’s developer tools, and capture then network traffic. You’ll be able to see Champion Data’s JSON package directly, and copy/paste its contents to a file on your computer. Congratulations, you now have raw AFL stats, directly from Champion Data! If you look inside, you’ll notice that there’s a lot of data that the website’s table doesn’t even give you the option of loading.”

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unfortunately the AFL website shut down their AFLW stats at the end of rd 6 last year so I will assume the task of gathering stats is going to be lot harder this season.
It was a great resource. Imagine if the AFL shut down the AFL men’s stats page. I can’t even find semi decent individual hitout stats unless I look to the AFLW prospectus.

AFL Club
Collingwood
It was a great resource. Imagine if the AFL shut down the AFL men’s stats page. I can’t even find semi decent individual hitout stats unless I look to the AFLW prospectus.
I have them all up to when the AFL shut down the stats. They aren't even available on the app which is annoying.

From what I can gather with the lack of stats, I would be very surprised if this comp actually proceeds, and if it does the scoring system will be very different to what they are advertising.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The people that run the comp advised me they will confirm the scoring system AFTER they know which stats are available, which will be after round 1. Interesting.

AFL Club
Melbourne
I have a team set. But who knows with so many new faces and the new teams. Have also created a league of anyone wants to join in. League code.... a4bv8z. The league page can be found by clicking on your name for those who haven't explored too far. They say you need to have created your team before you can join a league.