Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion - Sunday 7:30am & 11:15am AEST Games

With four rounds to go, how many trades do you have left?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 3 21.4%

Votes: 4 28.6%

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AFL Club
Collingwood
The IR has loosened up quite a bit over the years.
Pre-2012 a player on IR couldn't return at all during the season. Then in 2012 it was one player per team but only after 6 weeks out. Then in 2017 two players per team were allowed to return from IR but after 8 weeks out; in 2018 it changed to after 8 games to allow for bye weeks.
Due to COVID there was a major change for 2020: unlimited number of players per team could return from IR and after only 3 weeks out
I assume the "twice on IR then no return" rule came in last year with the "after three weeks out" rule. It wouldn't have been applicable under an "eight weeks out" rule.
Of course, it is a tad more complicated than that. e.g. a player on IR is not included in the 53-man active roster but is included in the 90-man team roster.
Why the "no return" rule?
I've no real idea but I could guess. It would, theoretically, be possible to manipulate your active roster by putting a player on-off IR.
I'm impressed with your NFL knowledge and I enjoy reading your insights, thanks @Rupert .

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not sure?

Does the '13th easiest opponent' means a player has a better opportunity to score high,
or
would a '30th easiest opponent' means a player has a better opportunity to score high?

1638396347369.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm not sure?

Does the '13th easiest opponent' means a player has a better opportunity to score high,
or
would a '30th easiest opponent' means a player has a better opportunity to score high?

View attachment 36036
I would assume you want to see a low number. Set it to 1 and you'd say that would be their easiest opposition based on the wording.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Those with Deebo - holding or trading?
Holding. Samuel is too important to the 49ers for them to not play him.
The 49ers are 3rd in the NFC West and unlikely to top Arizona but they are currently 6th in the NFC on 6-5 and a game clear of four teams on 5-6.
They are a very good chance to make the play-offs as a wild card but it's likely to come down to the wk.18 game.
So they are unlikely to rest players that week.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm impressed with your NFL knowledge and I enjoy reading your insights, thanks @Rupert .
I've been following the NFL on and off for ages. Even before the days of Don Lane on the ABC.
One of the first games I can remember watching was SB XVII between Washington and Miami, with John Riggins and Dan Merino. On Channel 10 I think it was, but it could have been the ABC.
You can't help but pick up stuff.
[Yes, I'm not young any more.]

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Conundrum:

I have a WR squad of Kupp/Deebo/Diggs/Godwin/Chase/Lamb (Adams, Osborn)

Adams’s BYE this week, means if I don’t trade Deebo, I have to play Osborn (who has been abysmally bad of late)

I’ve made good progress of late to be 14th, and if it wasn’t for that I would probably cop the bad score. But if Deebo misses a few weeks.. I’m really considering trading him to Hill so I don’t lose points & rank

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Conundrum:

I have a WR squad of Kupp/Deebo/Diggs/Godwin/Chase/Lamb (Adams, Osborn)

Adams’s BYE this week, means if I don’t trade Deebo, I have to play Osborn (who has been abysmally bad of late)

I’ve made good progress of late to be 14th, and if it wasn’t for that I would probably cop the bad score. But if Deebo misses a few weeks.. I’m really considering trading him to Hill so I don’t lose points & rank
Would you be able to post your side, trades left and remaining salary so we could possibly provide some options?