Discussion 2021 NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 602
Rd Rank: 49
Overall Rank: 100 (from 141)

Victorious in the two super bowls I qualified for and perhaps the previous round I should not have eaten a TE donut in the several close matchups:rolleyes:. Great performance by all squad members, especially by D Adams as captain and J Chase combining for 200 points. One trade left to avoid a donut and hopefully I can hold onto my ranking within the top 100.

Current trades:
TBA
View attachment 37701
nice work and great season by yourself! Fair bit to navigate this year so I reckon you've done very well to stay relatively consistent.

Are you confused by what you scored like I am with some others? the playoff tourament page says 602, but if I click on your team it says 539. I realised this because I'm 5th in the week rankings and it says I lost a GF in a public league to somebody who has two scores as well (on the gameday match up page I beat him) and saw your score in one of the other GF's :LOL:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
nice work and great season by yourself! Fair bit to navigate this year so I reckon you've done very well to stay relatively consistent.

Are you confused by what you scored like I am with some others? the playoff tourament page says 602, but if I click on your team it says 539. I realised this because I'm 5th in the week rankings and it says I lost a GF in a public league to somebody who has two scores as well (on the gameday match up page I beat him) and saw your score in one of the other GF's :LOL:
Thank you and a fine season by yourself as well.

Very strange. Of the seven leagues I am in, I have only seen that error in one league so far. Playo*** finished last round and I am pretty sure this has been a recent addition this season. I would recommend sending a game related query via the contact us section to see if the issue can be resolved.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 539
Rd Rank: 23
Overall Rank: 78 (from 100)

Other than the 31 points lost on the 50-50 decision of Evans or Allen as the Chase replacement, a fine season capped off with my favourite starting selection of all time (across any format), the incomparable and ever dependable Cooper Kupp, delivering as captain once again. A welcome relief at this stage of the season not to have players on reduced snaps or rested and very happy with my decision to field Lockett over Adams. Thank you and congratulations to all involved for another fine season and I am looking forward to seeing all of the familiar faces back again next season as well as some new ones willing to give it a go.

Starting team:
A7BAEB3B-2A88-4372-8344-8B480CD16660.jpeg
Final team:
02E5820B-D230-4F49-9C8E-0F0EC998E54C.jpeg
Trade history:
F781D3D6-A2A7-47AE-808D-902DB1ECE355.jpeg
28825C8B-3538-4495-8044-C921AE636CB4.jpeg
Rankings:
6EA50DD2-BD45-4638-B4AB-AE48BC6232B3.jpeg

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Finished with a 533 to finish 73rd overall, 32nd for the round. I probably didn't deserve to rank so high, got a bit lucky in the final round. Didn't leave as many points as I thought on the bench in the end - Conner (48), who I thought was doubtful to play and fielding the Pats DST (0) over the Vikings (36) were my main losses.

I honestly lost a bit of interest this year and should have done a lot better if I was paying attention. I still enjoy the format, but just couldn't get things going this year, spent too much time solely covering off covid outs (when I was paying attention) rather than focusing on finding players in good form. Bit of a frustrating season to be honest.

I might join the Sleeper league you have going, but I'll give others a shot to join first. It's not really my thing to be honest, I know I won't be as dedicated to it as others might be. I'll only join if you really need the extra person.

AFL Club
Essendon
Thank you and a fine season by yourself as well.

Very strange. Of the seven leagues I am in, I have only seen that error in one league so far. Playo*** finished last round and I am pretty sure this has been a recent addition this season. I would recommend sending a game related query via the contact us section to see if the issue can be resolved.

My bad, was looking at the wrong week and then thought your message was from today :LOL::LOL:, well done for the year

AFL Club
Essendon
Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 12.10.15 am.png Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 12.10.36 am.png

Had a good final week after a number of weeks where I felt like the team was decent but every little thing seemed to bounce the wrong way. This was a week where everything broke my way with the exception of Tyreek, I was also fortunate enough to notice my Bengals kicker was out and avoided a donut there.

Lots of luck is involved in this game and just when I think I've got the hang of it and everything is going well things seem to fall apart. It's a lot harder for players to be consistent due to the importance of opponent and game plan compared to AFL, which makes the game tough. Look forward to the next year of it, my biggest mistakes continue to be in overpaying for DST teams at the start of seasons and not getting the QB set up right from the start. Think I've finally figured out how to best manage the receiver and running back lines.

Thanks to everyone who was part of the leagues !

AFL Club
Collingwood
Firstly, I enjoyed playing this year. In my 7 Leagues, in most of them, I sat up top for most of the year and enjoyed the ride. No doubt, luck played a big part, as many times I wanted to trade players out, but due to other more serious issues, I did not, only to benefit from it.

The last 3 rounds I fell in a hole, the 2 most disapponting players were Hill and Kittle and it was frustrating watching my bench players greatly outscoring my starting players in the Finals. Also, since I had trades left for the finals, I side traded players to higher ranking players to get the higher scores, only for the traded out players scoring higher :(. I had all my 7 Teams playing in the pre-Superbowl Final and 4 played in the SuperBowl, but unfortunately I lost them all. But it was exciting playing in my first finals.

Congratulations to all the winners and a big thank you to all the 'most helpful' contributors and @KLo30 for organising the Leagues.
Looking forward to playing again.

1641848440676.png

1641848576883.png

AFL Club
Essendon
Really enjoyed my first crack at NFL RDT this season. Have been a long time redraft/dynasty player with mates so was fun to try another format and plenty of learnings to take in from my first season. First off leaving 4 trades in the bank was not my smartest move. Needed to be more aggressive early to jump on the players with low BE's.

Anyway very happy to have finished 36th and will definitely give it another crack next year.

AFL Club
Geelong
Finished in 20th after being in the top 10 all year (including 1st at several stages) except the last two rounds, captaining Brady on his only shutout was the killer :ROFLMAO: - solid 11 he got that week!

A bit guttered but it was good fun and I'd almost rather 20th than 11th and just missing out on the $

AFL Club
West Coast
First Year in NFL Fantasy, honestly surprised at how well the season went (considering I didn't even know how to loop non-scoring players until Round 10 lol). Was a great filler for the AFL off season - was actually wondering how I'd spend my time but look at where I ended up

Been fortunate enough to have seen some variations / suggestions around rookies for R1, so managed to have a majority of rookies lined up well without exhausting trades was super helpful (Harris, Williams, Chase etc). Much appreciated guys!

If there is anything I'd like to suggest is that maximising value gain & utilising trades (2 per round) near the beginning of the season whilst the prices are still not proportionate to player value, was pretty important for my team, especially when players could double their value in 2-3 weeks. The number of trades made available with the length of the season makes it viable to trade heaps at the beginning of the season (compared to AFL). This non-scoring loophole & bye round players loops really helped over the course of the season as well

All in all a fun first season, thanks again for everyone for their help & input throughout the season (& especially at the start of the season) - hopefully can get an invite to more than one SCS league next season :)

P.S. Looking forward to rubbing shoulder with some of the NFL fanatics over on sleeper next season via Draft!

1641877352853.png

1641877242662.png

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Final Rank - 133

Lessons for next year: Dont waste trades in K and DST, make money fast early chasing break evens, get a value WR7/RB5 asap for bye rounds, stop going for pod captains, dont use qb3 as loophole
View attachment 37881
Congrats on a fine debut season and great to see you have learnt a lot. Agree on all your learnings and if I might add to the Kicker and DST point, I would recommend to try to avoid paying over $3 to $3.5 million at any time for a kicker and over $4.5 million for a DST. Due to injuries, Covid-19, roster cuts and underperformance there will always be cheap DST and kickers available either at the start or during the season to greatly outperform their price and given the bulk of the points are scored in the other positions, then it is best to neglect these two spots for as long as possible.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I've been thinking that Cincinnati offense might be quite scary in the coming years.
Burrow at QB', Mixon as RB; Chase, Boyd and Higgins as WRs.
They'll have to improve their OL though: 50+ sacks of Burrows in 16 games this year. That's the most of any QB - compare Brady who was sacked 21 times in 17 games