Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm playing you this round, that's what I was referring to. Based on last weeks score, you've got me covered. If Mixon doesn't play he'll be back next week, so short term injury. Don't like holding that type of money on the bench.
well that makes a world of difference , I better bring in Montana , Rice & Jim Brown then πŸ˜€.

I certainly wouldn't worry about my team too much , probably end up scoring a 300.

I better lookup Mixon as I have no idea who he is , good lord he is expensive.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
well that makes a world of difference , I better bring in Montana , Rice & Jim Brown then πŸ˜€.

I certainly wouldn't worry about my team too much , probably end up scoring a 300.

I better lookup Mixon as I have no idea who he is , good lord he is expensive.
Don’t forget Mike Ditka and Terry Bradshaw.

AFL Club
Collingwood
How about Terry Crews, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Randy Moss, Brett Favre, Joe Namath, Peyton Manning and Dan Marino which completes my knowledge of ex nfl players.
Elway βœ“
Unitas I was just reading about
Favre βœ“
Namath βœ“
Manning βœ“ and his brother
Marino βœ“

what about Emmitt Smith ? and that bloke from the Brady bunch πŸ˜€

I might need to borrow a book from the library and have a read

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Elway βœ“
Unitas I was just reading about
Favre βœ“
Namath βœ“
Manning βœ“ and his brother
Marino βœ“

what about Emmitt Smith ? and that bloke from the Brady bunch πŸ˜€

I might need to borrow a book from the library and have a read
Haven't heard of Smith before.

Also, surprised I forgot to mention OJ Simpson.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
NFL RD2 Televised Matches (AEST):

ESPN/Kayo:
Friday:
10:15am to 1:30pm- Carolina Panthers VS Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Monday:
3:00am to 6:00am- Green Bay Packers VS Minnesota Vikings
6:25am to 9:30am- Los Anegles Rams VS New Orleans Saints
10:15am to 1:30pm- Atlanta Falcons VS Philadelphia Eagles

Tuesday:
10:15am to 1:15pm- New York Jets VS Cleveland Browns

7Mate:
Monday:
3:00am to 6:30am- New England Patriots VS Miami Dolphins
6:30am to 9:30am- Chicago Bears VS Denver Broncos

Ironhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
So of all games this week, free to air gets the 1 v 32 match and the one most likely to finish 0-0. Hooray. :(

I normally don't watch enough TV to justify it, but if that keeps up I'll have to invest in pay/streaming.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Many will probably have seen this show but for those who haven't it's a good way to get a feel for the history of the game and some of the people involved: "America's Game: the Super Bowl" every weekday morning on 7Mate.
[It's on pretty early so I record it but I think most episodes are also available on YouTube.]
Each episode covers the story of a Super Bowl winning team - the lead-up to the season, the way the season unfolded and the play-offs. There are usually three players/coaches associated with the team who are interviewed and give depth to the coverage.
They started with the first SB champions - the Packers in 1967 - and are working their way forward.
If you've heard of people like Vince Lombardi or "Broadway" Joe Namath it's a great introduction as to why they are still remembered.

Last edited:

Professor

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Carlton

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
Le'Veon Bell RB, New York Jets

Le'Veon Bell's (shoulder) MRI revealed "no major damage or tears."

Per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the test was "mostly precautionary." Barring a setback, Bell will be out there for Monday Night Football against the Browns. A bigger Week 2 concern than Bell's health is his quarterback, as No. 2 Trevor Siemian could easily get overwhelmed by Steve Wilks' defense. At least than 100 percent and missing Sam Darnold, Bell will be a mid-rage/low-end RB1.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Sep 12, 2019, 4:34 PM ET

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Decided on trades for this round:
Out: B Mayfield and L Fournette
In: G Minshew and C McCaffrey and 6,150,000

1568330053350.png

Completes my RB'S very early with the intention to grab A Kamara/T Gurley for J Jacobs later in the season and now 2 rookie QB'S which is potentially concerning but with their elevated floor and consistency in comparison to rookies in other positions this alleviates the potential problem. Have sufficient cash for Boykin to Watkins next round and keeping Henry to get a gauge on the best replacement between TJ Hockenson and M Andrews.

As I don't usually utilise the loophole in this format I'm just double checking that if I put the VC on C McCaffrey and the C on H Henry that I will get CMC's score and D Waller's score replacing H Henry.

KLo30

AFL Club
North Melb.
Decided on trades for this round:
Out: B Mayfield and L Fournette
In: G Minshew and C McCaffrey and 6,150,000

View attachment 11656

Completes my RB'S very early with the intention to grab A Kamara/T Gurley for J Jacobs later in the season and now 2 rookie QB'S which is potentially concerning but with their elevated floor and consistency in comparison to rookies in other positions this alleviates the potential problem. Have sufficient cash for Boykin to Watkins next round and keeping Henry to get a gauge on the best replacement between TJ Hockenson and M Andrews.

As I don't usually utilise the loophole in this format I'm just double checking that if I put the VC on C McCaffrey and the C on H Henry that I will get CMC's score and D Waller's score replacing H Henry.
Correct re loophole. Lowest scoring bench player in the position.