Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For those with K Murray or G Minshew at QB3 (bench Quarterback) what are your upcoming plans for them.

A. Downgrade to a rookie QB eg-loophole, etc
B. Hold
C. Upgrade to R Wilson/D Watson/etc

Ironhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
For those with K Murray or G Minshew at QB3 (bench Quarterback) what are your upcoming plans for them.

B. Hold
I have both as my QB2 and QB3, was planning to do one up/one down + possibly cash in a couple of weeks time. Got to look at byes again to see for sure. Happy with both scoring 30+ each week for now.

AFL Club
St Kilda

B. Hold
The top 11 QBs average 49.8 - 38.0
I've got Mahomes (48.4av.), Lamar (49.8) and Murray (39.4).
I think Murray will improve and increase his average. A rookie in his first season with a new offence takes time to settle and should get better conncetions with his WRs as the season goes on. Plus, Murray had a reputation for running the ball in college and he has only just started to do that in the NFL.
atm I plan to hold Mahomes to the end - barring injury. I'm likely to hold Lamar unless his scores really drop off. Murray I'll hold until the Mahomes/Murray wk.12 bye and make a decision. It will take until then for Murray to peak in price anyway.

Last edited:

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
1570862078710.png

RE:...…….I'm thinking OUT Adams and IN J Crowder (I don't know much about him except that his scores are expected to improve with Sam Darnold returning this week, so expecting him to make money).
With the extra cash, I'm thinking of upgrading Atlanta Falcons to Philadelphia Eagles (the Eagles are averaging 20pts, so hoping they will keep that up all season)
....……..

The reasoning for my trades was:
WR Adams' injury seems to be long term so he has to go. Gallup and McLaurin can fight out who plays and who stays on the bench (FantasyPros 'Who should I Start?' can decide for me).
Therefore I figure that the 2nd bench player could be mainly used as a 'cash cow'. So J Crowder $5,230,000 BE??? Avg 20 is expected to make money :unsure: and he already had his Bye.
OUT Adams - IN Crowder plus Cap = $8,600,000 to upgrade somewhere else.

(.........Demaryius Thomas was the No. 1 receiver last week and his presence is a threat to muddy up opportunities for Robby Anderson and Jamison Crowder. Any of these three receivers can have a good game this week, but it’s hard to project targets among them in Darnold’s first game with all three active. In terms of targets, I’d rank them: Crowder, Anderson, Thomas. I’d try not to start any of them until we get more data. … Chris Herndon will not make his season debut after injuring himself at practice this week...…).

OUT Adams plus Cap $13,830,000
Ok, @Connoisseur and @Tails reckon there are better options then J Crowder, but I was really after a Cash Cow. Maybe there isn't one worth getting in???
I looked at the suggestions and my thoughts are:
Fuller $9,480,000: Besides his score of 93 last week, he's been averaging 12 over the 1st 4 rounds, so he doesn't appeal to me as a Keeper or a Cash Cow. (Maybe there is another reason that I don't know about to select Fuller?).
Chark $8,380,000: I traded him out last week to upgrade a player to a Keeper, which I'm not sorry I did. An expensive CC and I don't think a 22yo is a Keeper :unsure:
Sutton $8,520,000: Is averaging 28, but a Keeper WR should avg 30-35, so I'm not confident he is a Keeper???
A Cooper $12,380,000: He is tempting, looks like a Keeper??? Not happy that he has the same Bye Rd8 with Gallup, hmmm.
Kupp $14,340,000: Like him, can't afford him.

I am pretty happy with my players at the moment, so upgrading one of them I am finding difficult. That is why I am looking at the DSTs.

I'll look at the DSTs next.

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood

B. Hold
I have Mahomes and Murray, both have Bye12, so I plan to OUT Murray to a Rookie when he reaches his Break Even, as his money could be useful to upgrade another player sooner then later.
That's a lot of money sitting on the bench, burning a hole in my pocket :)

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 11959

RE:...…….I'm thinking OUT Adams and IN J Crowder (I don't know much about him except that his scores are expected to improve with Sam Darnold returning this week, so expecting him to make money).
With the extra cash, I'm thinking of upgrading Atlanta Falcons to Philadelphia Eagles (the Eagles are averaging 20pts, so hoping they will keep that up all season)
....……..

WR Adams' injury seems to be long term so he has to go. Gallup and McLaurin can fight out who plays and who stays on the bench (FantasyPros 'Who should I Start?' can decide for me).
Therefore I figure that the 2nd bench player could be mainly used as a 'cash cow'. So J Crowder $5,230,000 BE??? Avg 20 is expected to make money :unsure: and he already had his Bye.

(.........Demaryius Thomas was the No. 1 receiver last week and his presence is a threat to muddy up opportunities for Robby Anderson and Jamison Crowder. Any of these three receivers can have a good game this week, but it’s hard to project targets among them in Darnold’s first game with all three active. In terms of targets, I’d rank them: Crowder, Anderson, Thomas. I’d try not to start any of them until we get more data. … Chris Herndon will not make his season debut after injuring himself at practice this week...…).

Ok, @Connoisseur and @Tails reckon there are better options then J Crowder, but I was really after a Cash Cow. Maybe there isn't one worth getting in???
Fuller $9,480,000: Besides his score of 93 last week, he's been averaging 12 over the 1st 4 rounds, so he doesn't appeal to me as a Keeper or a Cash Cow. (Maybe there is another reason that I don't know about to select Fuller?).
Chark $8,380,000: I traded him out last week to upgrade a player to a Keeper, which I'm not sorry I did. An expensive CC and I don't think a 22yo is a Keeper :unsure:
Sutton $8,520,000: Is averaging 28, but a Keeper WR should avg 30-35, so I'm not confident he is a Keeper???
A Cooper $12,380,000: He is tempting, looks like a Keeper??? Not happy that he has the same Bye Rd8 with Gallup, hmmm.

I am pretty happy with my players at the moment, so upgrading one of them I am finding difficult. That is why I am looking at the DSTs.

My research from this week on the players you have mentioned ...

- Fuller and Crowder... not touching either ... a lot of those articles are predominantly draft based / waiver wire and focused on 1 week outlooks ...
- Chark has Minshew as his QB who got a niggle last week ... but he is still his go to guy ...
- Sutton picked up a niggle last week ...
- Cooper ... agree round 8 bye is not ideal ... still looking at him ... has a decent QB ...
- Kupp ... too expensive now ....
- DST's ... look so tempting on paper but are so up and down ... NE excluded ...

Haven't even been able to settle on my own possible trades this week so am probably of no use to you this week ....

Last edited:

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The top 11 QBs average 49.8 - 38.0
I've got Mahomes (48.4av.), Lamar (49.8) and Murray (39.4).
I think Murray will improve and increase his average. A rookie in his first season with a new offence takes time to settle and should get better conncetions with his WRs as the season goes on. Plus, Murray had a reputation for running the ball in college and he has only just started to do that in the NFL.
atm I plan to hold Mahomes to the end - barring injury. I'm likely to hold Lamar unless his scores really drop off. Murray I'll hold until after Mahomes wk.12 bye and make a decision. It will take until then for Murray to peak in price anyway.
Interesting comments and a good read ...

Got Wilson, Jackson and Murray myself ...

No bye conflicts or forced trades yet so can afford to wait and see whilst addressing other lines for now ...

- Obviously got my eye on Mahomes (Murray bye conflict) and Watson but he is taking some sacking punishment ...

Liked the Murray insights ... having a potential running game really helps IMO and shows he has what I call spatial awareness ... ability to survey the field (ie look right, look left etc but whilst doing so if an opening presents in between then take it without being reckless)

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
My research from this week on the players you have mentioned ...

- Fuller and Crowder... not touching either ... a lot of those articles are predominantly draft based / waiver wire and focused on 1 week outlooks ...
- Chark has Minshew as his QB who got a niggle last week ... but he is still his go to guy ...
- Sutton picked up a niggle last week ...
- Cooper ... agree round 8 bye is not ideal ... still looking at him ... has decent QB ...
- Kupp ... too expensive now ....
- DST's ... look so tempting on paper but are so up and down ... NE excluded ...

Haven't even been able to settle on my own possible trades this week so am probably of no use to you this week ....
Thanks @Tails, there doesn't seem to be any WR CCs available to make money, hmmm.

I'm not sure where we are suppose to make money from?

AFL Club
St Kilda
@Bermi
fwiw I think that the only DST worth bringing in is the Pat.s - if you can afford them at $12.5m approx.
The Pat.s are averaging 37.6 (before their 48 on Thursday); they are the #1 DST by a looooong way; and their schedule is the best of all.
I know it's a lot of cash to upgrade either the Falcons or Raiders but it might be worth it.
If I were you I wouldn't trade either just yet. The Raiders have a -11 BE and the Falcons play Arizona this week.

Just noticed your post saying you are not happy playing the Falcons DST this week. I think they should be reasonable against Arizona - easy to say when I don't have to.

Last edited:

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
@Bermi
fwiw I think that the only DST worth bringing in is the Pat.s - if you can afford them at $12.5m approx.
The Pat.s are averaging 37.6 (before their 48 on Thursday); they are the #1 DST by a looooong way; and their schedule is the best of all.
I know it's a lot of cash to upgrade either the Falcons or Raiders but it might be worth it.
If I were you I wouldn't trade either just yet. The Raiders have a -11 BE and the Falcons play Arizona this week.

Just noticed your post saying you are not happy playing the Falcons DST this week. I think they should be reasonable against Arizona - easy to say when I don't have to.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
View attachment 11959

....……..

QB and RB are fine and therefore shouldn't figure in any trade plans yet bar injury.
K-Pineiro could be traded to McLaughlin from the Chargers to bank 2 million.

WR- Great combination of premiums and cash generating rookies (Gallup and McLaurin). Assume M Thomas, J Jones, D Hopkins, C Godwin and Ju Ju are season-long keepers which measn 1-2 spots will need to be filled which should be done fairly comfortably thanks to your rookies.

If you want to trade D Adams, I think the best options would be
Over 10 million- A Thielen and A Cooper
Under 10 million- W Fuller and J Edelman (Patriots have already played so cannot be executed until next week)

I really like W Fuller largely due to the 93 which means he should comfortably exceed 10 million even if he has a very poor fortnight with a best case scenario of reaching 12+ million. Unsure if you started O Beckham Jr but if you didn't he would be a great option if you decide to grab Fuller as a quick cash grab as that move will likely pocket 4+ million in addition to the 3 approximately received from the Adams to Fuller trade.

If the aforementioned move is executed there will not be sufficient cash to trade Walker to a Ertz, Kelce, Kittle this round but sufficient to trade a DST to Philadelphia or Waller to Ertz, Kelce, Kittle. Or the kicker downgrade would increase your remaining salary to around 6 to 6.5 million allowing a TE upgrade next week.

Unsure about the brekaeven or expected price change for Philadelphia due to not being privy to those resources but the same sentiment with Fuller above regarding a quick cash grab due to their large score compensating for a potential poor score (eg 0-10 this round).

Lack of appealing WR rookies currently which is why the recommendations are above the 9 million range and McLaurin should be ready in the next 1-4 weeks (before his RD10 bye to be traded to a rookie).

For example if the Fuller idea is executed, trades for the upcoming rounds could be:
RD6:
Out: D Adams, E Pineiro
In: W Fuller, C McLaughlin
Remaining salary: 6,330,000
RD7:
Out: D Walker
In: T Kelce/Z Ertz/G Kittle
Remaining salary: Assume 0 to 1,000,000
RD8:
Out: W Fuller, T McLaurin
In: O Beckham Jr, random rookie
Assume approximately a differential ranging from 2,500,000 to 5,000,000 (my guess around 3,400,000) regarding Fuller to OBJ and 3.5 million for McLaurin to rookie thus remaining salary around 8 million.
RD9:
Out: D Waller, M Gallup/DST
In: T Kelce/Z Ertz/G Kittle, D Adams/different DST
Assume roughly a 4,000,000 difference between the TE and remaining salary ? dependent on selection.

Over the next month of trades, 7 could be used leaving you with 10 trades left entering RD10 with your team as listed above but 2 of T Kelce/Z Ertz/G Kittle on-field in the tight end position and OBJ at WR7.

Keeps J Jacobs, K Murray and W Dissly who could later be turned into premiums eg J Jacobs to McCafrrey.

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
RE: .....Just noticed your post saying you are not happy playing the Falcons DST this week. I think they should be reasonable against Arizona - easy to say when I don't have to..…...

I started to write about my DSTs, though I deleted it later,
Anyway, I like your advice @Rupert in keeping them this week, surely they can't drop in price anymore?

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
For those still holding JuJu:
Pittsburgh are starting their 3rd-string QB Hodges against the Chargers this week.
Hodges is an undrafted QB from Samford who put up really good numbers there but Samford don't play in any of the main college Conferemces.

Last edited: