Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Tails

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
RE: .....Just noticed your post saying you are not happy playing the Falcons DST this week. I think they should be reasonable against Arizona - easy to say when I don't have to..…...

I started to write about my DSTs, though I deleted it later,
Anyway, I like your advice @Rupert in keeping them this week, surely they can't drop I price anymore?
Yep ATL DST can only drop 40k as they then hit the floor ... $2,450,000 ....

Tails

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For those still holding JuJu:
Pittsburgh are starting their 3rd-string QB Hodges against the Chargers this week.
I briefly entertained the notion of bringing him in this week until I read that earlier in the week ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
@Bermi
fwiw I think that the only DST worth bringing in is the Pat.s - if you can afford them at $12.5m approx.
The Pat.s are averaging 37.6 (before their 48 on Thursday); they are the #1 DST by a looooong way; and their schedule is the best of all.
I know it's a lot of cash to upgrade either the Falcons or Raiders but it might be worth it.
If I were you I wouldn't trade either just yet. The Raiders have a -11 BE and the Falcons play Arizona this week.

Just noticed your post saying you are not happy playing the Falcons DST this week. I think they should be reasonable against Arizona - easy to say when I don't have to.
Agree, the Pats are clearly the best DST. I think I have missed the boat on them at the moment. The amount of money to trade the Pats in could be better spent on another play, who will score better then the Pats :unsure:

Do you think the Pats will drop in price later in the year and worth grabbing them then?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For those still holding JuJu:
Pittsburgh are starting their 3rd-string QB Hodges against the Chargers this week.
Will keep a close eye on Hodges due to the lack of cheap QB options that are currently playing/potential to earn cash bar Daniel (Chicago Bears) for a likely upcoming Minshew downgrade in the next 1-4 rounds.

Tails

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
QB and RB are fine and therefore shouldn't figure in any trade plans yet bar injury.
K-Pineiro could be traded to McLaughlin from the Chargers to bank 2 million.

WR- Great combination of premiums and cash generating rookies (Gallup and McLaurin). Assume M Thomas, J Jones, D Hopkins, C Godwin and Ju Ju are season-long keepers which measn 1-2 spots will need to be filled which should be done fairly comfortably thanks to your rookies.

If you want to trade D Adams, I think the best options would be
Over 10 million- A Thielen and A Cooper
Under 10 million- W Fuller and J Edelman (Patriots have already played so cannot be executed until next week)

I really like W Fuller largely due to the 93 which means he should comfortably exceed 10 million even if he has a very poor fortnight with a best case scenario of reaching 12+ million. Unsure if you started O Beckham Jr but if you didn't he would be a great option if you decide to grab Fuller as a quick cash grab as that move will likely pocket 4+ million in addition to the 3 approximately received from the Adams to Fuller trade.

If the aforementioned move is executed there will not be sufficient cash to trade Walker to a Ertz, Kelce, Kittle this round but sufficient to trade a DST to Philadelphia or Waller to Ertz, Kelce, Kittle. Or the kicker downgrade would increase your remaining salary to around 6 to 6.5 million allowing a TE upgrade next week.

Unsure about the brekaeven or expected price change for Philadelphia due to not being privy to those resources but the same sentiment with Fuller above regarding a quick cash grab due to their large score compensating for a potential poor score (eg 0-10 this round).

Lack of appealing WR rookies currently which is why the recommendations are above the 9 million range and McLaurin should be ready in the next 1-4 weeks (before his RD10 bye to be traded to a rookie).

For example if the Fuller idea is executed, trades for the upcoming rounds could be:
RD6:
Out: D Adams, E Pineiro
In: W Fuller, C McLaughlin
Remaining salary: 6,330,000
RD7:
Out: D Walker
In: T Kelce/Z Ertz/G Kittle
Remaining salary: Assume 0 to 1,000,000
RD8:
Out: W Fuller, T McLaurin
In: O Beckham Jr, random rookie
Assume approximately a differential ranging from 2,500,000 to 5,000,000 (my guess around 3,400,000) regarding Fuller to OBJ and 3.5 million for McLaurin to rookie thus remaining salary around 8 million.
RD9:
Out: D Waller, M Gallup/DST
In: T Kelce/Z Ertz/G Kittle, D Adams/different DST
Assume roughly a 4,000,000 difference between the TE and remaining salary ? dependent on selection.

Over the next month of trades, 7 could be used leaving you with 10 trades left entering RD10 with your team as listed above but 2 of T Kelce/Z Ertz/G Kittle on-field in the tight end position and OBJ at WR7.

Keeps J Jacobs, K Murray and W Dissly who could later be turned into premiums eg J Jacobs to McCafrrey.
love these sort of forward looking options ... many ways to skin a cat ...

I tend to summarise the Ins / Outs and see if I can cut some corners with potential keepers whilst achieving the same goals ...

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agree, the Pats are clearly the best DST. I think I have missed the boat on them at the moment. The amount of money to trade the Pats in could be better spent on another play, who will score better then the Pats :unsure:

Do you think the Pats will drop in price later in the year and worth grabbing them then?
Assume so, as they haven't faced much/any tough competition yet due to facing NYJ twice, MIA, WAS. Rds 9 to 14 will be very interesting to see how their DST perform with BAL, PHI, DAL, HOU and KAN over that period with an appealing finish (CIN, BUF, MIA in the last 3 rounds).

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
love these sort of forward looking options ... many ways to sin a cat ...

I tend to summarise the Ins / Outs and see if I can cut some corners with potential keepers whilst achieving the same goals ...
Quite enjoy looking at extensive trade plans and the recommended should all be very attainable during that period.

Tails

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Assume so, as they haven't faced much/any tough competition yet due to facing NYJ twice, MIA, WAS. Rds 9 to 14 will be very interesting to see how their DST perform with BAL, PHI, DAL, HOU and KAN over that period with an appealing finish (CIN, BUF, MIA in the last 3 rounds).
Can't remember if it was last year or not but I spent up big on the CHI DST after an awesome start one time at a very high price ... will never do so again ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
QB and RB are fine and therefore shouldn't figure in any trade plans yet bar injury.

WR- Great combination of premiums and cash generating rookies (Gallup and McLaurin). Assume M Thomas, J Jones, D Hopkins, C Godwin and Ju Ju are season-long keepers which measn 1-2 spots will need to be filled which should be done fairly comfortably thanks to your rookies.

Under 10 million- W Fuller and J Edelman (Patriots have already played so cannot be executed until next week)

I really like W Fuller largely due to the 93 which means he should comfortably exceed 10 million even if he has a very poor fortnight with a best case scenario of reaching 12+ million. Unsure if you started O Beckham Jr but if you didn't he would be a great option if you decide to grab Fuller as a quick cash grab as that move will likely pocket 4+ million in addition to the 3 approximately received from the Adams to Fuller trade.

If the aforementioned move is executed there will not be sufficient cash to trade Walker to a Ertz, Kelce, Kittle this round but sufficient to trade a DST to Philadelphia or Waller to Ertz, Kelce, Kittle. Or the kicker downgrade would increase your remaining salary to around 6 to 6.5 million allowing a TE upgrade next week.

Unsure about the brekaeven or expected price change for Philadelphia due to not being privy to those resources but the same sentiment with Fuller above regarding a quick cash grab due to their large score compensating for a potential poor score (eg 0-10 this round).

Lack of appealing WR rookies currently which is why the recommendations are above the 9 million range and McLaurin should be ready in the next 1-4 weeks (before his RD10 bye to be traded to a rookie).

For example if the Fuller idea is executed, trades for the upcoming rounds could be:
RD6:
RD7:
RD8:
Assume approximately a differential ranging from 2,500,000 to 5,000,000 (my guess around 3,400,000) regarding Fuller to OBJ and 3.5 million for McLaurin to rookie thus remaining salary around 8 million.
RD9:
Assume roughly a 4,000,000 difference between the TE and remaining salary ? dependent on selection.

Over the next month of trades, 7 could be used leaving you with 10 trades left entering RD10 with your team as listed above but 2 of T Kelce/Z Ertz/G Kittle on-field in the tight end position and OBJ at WR7.

Keeps J Jacobs, K Murray and W Dissly who could later be turned into premiums eg J Jacobs to McCafrrey.
(y)
I'm going to need some time to absorb all that, very interesting.

Since Adams' price will not change after this week, I suppose I could wait another week to trade him out.

By the way, you don't like Crowder because you are not confident he won't make much money?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can't remember if it was last year or not but I spent up big on the CHI DST after an awesome start one time at a very high price ... will never do so again ...
I'll likely never pay for a DST or Kicker above 6 million due to their inconsistency and a negative or low score allowing average to good ones being picked off cheaply and the cash saved in these positions allowing the top echelon in the remaining positions and premiums to be selected on the bench as cover.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
(y)
I'm going to need some time to absorb all that, very interesting.

Since Adams' price will not change after this week, I suppose I could wait another week to trade him out.

By the way, you don't like Crowder because you are not confident he won't make much money?
Haven't looked at Crowder but would prefer to wait a week to get a gauge on how he performs with the return of S Darnold and if cash generation will be likely.

Regarding trading Adams out next week, I'd only do it if he is still missing and the likely replacement would be Edelman if a 2 million gap still exists.

AFL Club
St Kilda

They are bound to. But are you willing to wait until wk.15?
They have a few easy-ish games before their wk.10 bye - Jets, Browns, Ravens. But then from wk.s 11-14 they have Philadelphia (A), Dallas (H), Houston (A) and KC (H). Their last three are easy - Cincinnati, Buffalo and Miami

N.B. I don't see Baltimore being that much of a problem as the Pat.s usually play havoc with young QBs and I doubt Lamar will be any different.

Last edited:

Tails

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

RD6:
RD7:
RD8:
RD9:

Whilst Pineiro > McLaughlin looks enticing it comes with buyer beware caveats ....

- Pineiro has the bye this week ... so no issues on that front even if he has a niggle ...
- Most of us with him also have a combo of Seibert, Happy, Slye etc who have the bye next week
- If Badgley were to magically appear next week then that might equate to a donut and/or bench dead wood
- McLaughlin isn't on the bubble either this week so also fail to see the rush unless desperate for a quick cash grab ...

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whilst Pineiro > McLaughlin looks enticing it comes with buyer beware caveats ....

- Pineiro has the bye this week ... so no issues on that front even if he has a niggle ...
- Most of us with him also have a combo of Seibert, Happy, Slye etc who have the bye next week
- If Badgley were to magically appear next week then that might equate to a donut and /or bench dead wood
- McLaughlin isn't on the bubble either this week so also fail to see the rush unless desperate for a quick cash grab ...
The McLaughlin move is for a donut loop later in the season. Wasn't aware that Ga`y's bye is in RD7 but this could be alleviated by trading Ga`y to Nugent (Patriots kicker) or even Ga`y to McLaughlin this week instead of Pineiro and keeping Pineiro for the majority/all of season.

Tails

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The McLaughlin move is for a donut loop later in the season. Wasn't aware that Ga`y's bye is in RD7 but this could be alleviated by trading Ga`y to Nugent (Patriots kicker) or even Ga`y to McLaughlin this week instead of Pineiro and keeping Pineiro for the majority/all of season.
Looked at Nugent too ... but to me why trade kickers if you don't need to ... ~7 points difference per game in that position isn't worth the trades to me ... not a lot separating them season long other than opportunity to kick field goals ...

But by the same token I do see and recognise the cash grab opportunity .... just not yet ... we just saw one axed last week for a bad game (Santos) ...

AFL Club
Collingwood
I read it as Badgley will be returning soon:

-------------------------------------
Fantasy Impact
McLaughlin
........will be a viable fantasy option until Michael Badgley (groin) returns.

-----------------------------------------
October 11, 2019 04:00 PM
Chargers' Michael Badgley: Listed as doubtful

Badgley (groin) is doubtful for Sunday's tilt against the Steelers, Eric D. Williams of ESPN.com reports.

Badgley is trending towards missing another contest due to his lingering groin issue. He hasn't yet made his 2019 debut. Chase McLaughlin will handle kicking duties once again versus Pittsburgh, assuming Badgley isn't able to suit up.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looked at Nugent too ... but to me why trade kickers if you don't need to ... ~7 points difference per game in that position isn't worth the trades to me ... not a lot separating them season long other than opportunity to kick field goals ...

But by the same token I do see and recognise the cash grab opportunity .... just not yet ... we just saw one axed last week for a bad game (Santos) ...
Agree with the sentiment, but is the most appealing option in Bermi's line-up due to players either not having made sufficient cash or others that can still be fielded or kept longer due to their scoring ability/consistency.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree with the sentiment, but is the most appealing option in Bermi's line-up due to others either not having made sufficient cash or others that can still be fielded or kept longer due to their scoring ability/consistency.
It's looking more, for me, not to trade this week and see what happens next week, I guess.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some interesting discussion.

I don't see the need for a donut kicker personally. I'll pretty much have someone with a bye most rounds anyway I can use as a loop. Or injured the way things are going...

Pats DST have been good - I doubt they will drop to $7M again though. Still a bit up and down, but their lows seem to be a lot better than most teams. Think you will be overpaying if you get them now, but they are likely to be the top DST overall.

Thinking for my trades - Adams out for a cheap WR and use the cash to get a top TE in for Walker. May cop a donut if Hockenson doesn't play - half my TE scores have been single digits so far anyway so won't make much difference. I'll need to look at it a bit more closer to the games.

Tails

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agree with the sentiment, but is the most appealing option in Bermi's line-up due to players either not having made sufficient cash or others that can still be fielded or kept longer due to their scoring ability/consistency.
Ok ... so have swung across and looked at the team ... my bad as I could have done so earlier ...

- DST doesn't look great on paper with ATL

- Kamara (RB) is questionable I believe this week with no bye cover ...
- Carson (RB) is apparently OK to play with a shoulder niggle with no bye cover
- Bell (RB) might get Darnold (QB) back .....

- JuJu (WR) is potentially down another QB ...
- Julio apparently has a niggle ...
- Hopkins apparently has a niggle ...
- Adams out with "turf toe" for 2 - 6 weeks ... got McLaurin as cover ....

- Walker (TE) is playing injured ...

So after looking at it:
- Any out at RB is a donut ... but he "might" be fine ...
- I'd be looking at RB, WR and TE positions before K and DST ... just my view ...

Last edited: