Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Quasimodo

AFL Club
Sydney
Chubb/Bell are my RB4/5. It’s probably a waste to upgrade either with the time/trades remaining.

I still have DK Metcalf and Hollywood Brown, and Sanders was brought in to be a 7th man... so I’m actually looking at Tyreke Hill. He has a bye, but also has Mahomes back. Pricey though.

My VC options aren’t great this week with limited loop options.
Same here with regards to lack of VC options. I have no convenient blue dot to use this week other than in my RB and WR lines and that doesn't work for me especially with my current set-up. Also all my best captain candidates are Sunday 1pm games anyway. For instance I couldn't possibly trust Kupp as any kind of reliable back-up C option on SNF after what happened last weekend lol! And as I've explained before I'm not getting up at 4am (living in Perth) to check fantasy scores so not using late Sunday arvo games either.

So I will just have to run with a straight up C option this week and forget about a VC. At least I have Kelce to use for looping purposes the following weekend.

Also like you have both Hollywood and Metcalf on my bench but am quite content to leave them there rest of season. Both will probably score similarly so don't think it's worth creating a donut there given how tight trades are getting. Besides I will already generate tons of cash for my remaining side tweaks after I cash out Murray for Finley next week.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
@Professor
Yes, I've considered Gordon. He's getting the work and slowly getting back to his best. He's also got a good match-up this week.
But even with his low BE I'm happy to wait until after his bye.

@Connoisseur
I'm a little reluctant to make a trade purely for the money.
I'd like to have at least one non-playing kicker/TE for "vc"/"c" options once the byes finish.
So trading in Koo and/or trading out Walker aren't my preferred options. I may end up doing one, or both, but I'd rather not.

Quasimodo

AFL Club
Sydney
If Sanders is out it gives me a reason to jump on Cooper. Hmmm

My crazy trade thoughts this morning are Rogers to Mahomes and Sanders to Cooper. It means holding Jacobs (RB4/5) and Metcalf (WR7)

I'll have another coffee and over think things a bit more :D
Yeah this appears to be a tremendous week to jump on Coop. Chock full of confidence after giving a master class on SNF, low BE (9), already had his bye, and up against the lack lustre Lions D this weekend, who actually made Trubisky look semi respectable, even it was just for one week haha. Also still excellent value at $11.5M.

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Sanders is out it gives me a reason to jump on Cooper. Hmmm

My crazy trade thoughts this morning are Rogers to Mahomes and Sanders to Cooper. It means holding Jacobs (RB4/5) and Metcalf (WR7)

I'll have another coffee and over think things a bit more :D
I'm a bit hesitant to trade Mahomes in before his bye, as I only have Finley on the bench for cover. If you have good bench cover, then Mahomes is very tempting.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I presume a Kicker would be safer to have as a non-player (I'm thinking of TE Kittle's injury). Selecting a TE non-player sounds risky.
Yep. A TE is far more likely to get injured than a kicker.
It's a question of strategy: do you try to get a decent sub on each line or try to retain enough trades to cover for injury?
If a decent sub, you forego your "vc"/"c" options once the byes are finished.
If retaining trades, you better hope that injuries are minimal. But then, even without injuries you're likely to need bench players in wk.17 when multiple players will be missing.

AFL Club
St Kilda
On Amari Cooper:
He does look to be a good get. A much more consistent scorer than most WRs.
My only concern is the quality of opposition he has faced compared to his coming schedule.
In the 9 games he has played, the teams are ranked among the worst for points given up to WRs: NY Giants x 2 - #5; Washington - #14; Miami - #9; New Orleans - #10; Green Bay - #22; NY Jets - #2; Philly - #6; Minnesota - #8
His remaining games: Detroit - #12; NE - #32; Buffalo - #30; Chicago - #29; LA Rams - #23; Philly - #6; Washington - #14
I.E. 7/9 games to date have been against bottom-10 defences but only 1/7 remaining games with 3/7 against top-4.

But he did have his best score, 68, against the highest ranked defence he has faced so far, Green Bay. So perhaps match-up doesn't matter?

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep. A TE is far more likely to get injured than a kicker.
It's a question of strategy: do you try to get a decent sub on each line or try to retain enough trades to cover for injury?
If a decent sub, you forego your "vc"/"c" options once the byes are finished.
If retaining trades, you better hope that injuries are minimal. But then, even without injuries you're likely to need bench players in wk.17 when multiple players will be missing.
I prefer the 'vc/c' option (if trades allow).
I have G a y and Pineiro on the bench, the problem is that Pineiro only is $4,190,000 and I'm thinking that there is not much value there to waste a trade on, hmmm.

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
There are 3 final weeks in the fantasy NFL, how many teams play in the finals and how does it work?
Do the same number of teams play in the finals, regardless if it is an 8 team league or a 14 team league?

AFL Club
St Kilda
There are 3 final weeks in the fantasy NFL, how many teams play in the finals and how does it work?
Do the same number of teams play in the finals, regardless if it is an 8 team league or a 14 team league?
As best I remember:
it's 8 teams regardless of league size but 14-team leagues have a 7-12 finals series as well
wk.1: 1 and 2 have a bye; 3 v 6 and 4 v 5
wk.2: 1 v 4 and 2 v 3
wk.2: 1 v 2