Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
An interesting comparison of yds gained to scores in some games this week.
NE - Houston: 22 - 28
NE: rush - 145yds, 0 TDs; pass - 303, 3 TDs, 1 Int = 448 yds, 3 TDs, 1 Int
Houston: rush - 52 yds, 0 TDs; pass - 224 yds, 4 TDs = 276 yds, 4 TDs
i.e. Houston had 172 yds less than NE.

Orlando - KC: 9 - 40
Orlando: rush - 122 yds. 0 TDs; pass - 210 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int = 322 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int
KC: rush - 96 yds, 3 TDs; pass - 163 yds, 1 TD = 259 yds, 4 TDs
i.e. KC had 63 less yds

SanFran - Baltimore: 17 - 20
SanFran: rush - 174 yds, 1 TD; pass - 157 yds, 1 TD = 331 yds, 2 TD
Baltimore: rush - 178 yds, 1 TD; pass - 105 yds, 1 TD = 283 yds, 2 TD
i.e. Baltimore had 48 less yds than SanFran.

I wonder how often that happens: the winning team has considerably less yds than the losing team.
RE: I wonder how often that happens: the winning team has considerably less yds than the losing team.
I don't know how often it happens, but in others sports (AFL, Soccer,) where the losing team had much more possession/dominated the game, but still lost.

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
My 2 trades done for week 14, out Tyler Lockett and OBJ can't carry his rubbish anymore. In DJ Moore been very consistent and doesn't have the ownership of a Michael Thomas. Also brought in Cole Beasley after a couple of spike games. I am concerned the Bills have the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots next. Hoping the players I've selected won't be rested and not in too many teams. 😁
I googled the whole internet and 'very consistent' doesn't appear anywhere in NFL ;)

AFL Club
Carlton
I did read some weeks back that OBJ has a groin issue, that wouldn't help. Is he worth the risk next year???
He is worth it, groin won't be an issue, it's the game plan and whether he is centre of it. As it is now they're not utlising him as much as they should. Maybe OBJ can br traded to the Packers, knowing Rodgers would be passing to him.

Ironhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I brought him back a few weeks ago but purely as bench cover. I did stream him against the Dolphins and that worked out well enough but thankfully was able to bench him last weekend with Kupp having the better match-up against the Cards. He does have the Bengals at home this weekend but I still intend to sit both he and Amari if Julio gets up in time.
Well, he was meant to just be sitting on the bench for me too, I had to play him this week with two WR donuts. Bit of an expensive upgrade on Hardman who only got 1, so could have been worse.

AFL Club
St Kilda
He is worth it, groin won't be an issue, it's the game plan and whether he is centre of it. As it is now they're not utlising him as much as they should. Maybe OBJ can br traded to the Packers, knowing Rodgers would be passing to him.
I like it. The Packers could use another decent WR. Adams can't do it all.

AFL Club
St Kilda
My 2 trades done for week 14, out Tyler Lockett and OBJ can't carry his rubbish anymore. In DJ Moore been very consistent and doesn't have the ownership of a Michael Thomas. Also brought in Cole Beasley after a couple of spike games. I am concerned the Bills have the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots next. Hoping the players I've selected won't be rested and not in too many teams. 😁
I started with DJ Moore and been very happy with him.
But now that Rivera has been sacked?
I think everyone should be a little nervous about the impact of a new coach on McCaffrey and Moore.

AFL Club
Carlton
I started with DJ Moore and been very happy with him.
But now that Rivera has been sacked?
I think everyone should be a little nervous about the impact of a new coach on McCaffrey and Moore.
The assistant coach is stepping in, so I'm assuming minimal changes over the last 4 weeks and not making playoffs. I'm hoping they keep the mix right regarding passing and rushing.

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe the afl could introduce waivers if you can't kick.

Still lots for me to learn, 'Waivers'.

Waivers are a National Football League labor management procedure by which a team makes an American football player's contract or NFL rights available to all other teams. During the season, each team has 24 hours to file a claim for a player that another team has made available through the system or waive the right to do so.

How NFL Waivers Work
All 32 NFL teams are required to trim their rosters from the 90 players allowed during the preseason to the 53 players allowed during the regular season...…...As a result nearly 1200 NFL players are cut en masse. Most of the players cut are subject to waivers. Veterans cut with four years of NFL service are not subject to waivers and will immediately become unrestricted free agents...…..

AFL Club
Carlton
DJ Moore

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, Moore looks a good selection (y)

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/players/projections
WEEK 14 Outlook:
Moore has handled eight-plus targets in all but two games this season, and his most recent effort featured 12 passes thrown in his direction. He's become one of the most reliable sources of volume at the WR position in the NFL and, against a weak Atlanta pass defense, that's a great way to post a big fantasy point total. He racked up eight catches against them three weeks ago and should be able to do at least that again in Week 14. He's an easy starter in every kind of fantasy league this weekend.