Discussion 2022 NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Both, I suppose.
You know that operation where you can get a USB port installed just behind your left ear? You can plug a digital data memory into it so that your left hippocampus - which is responsible for story acquisition and recall - can access it's data.
I've had that operation. That's why I've got a bit of a mullet haircut - it hides the USB port.
:LOL:

AFL Club
Collingwood
Saints RB depth chart: Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller to lead New Orleans backs after Alvin Kamara suspension (msn.com)

Saints RB depth chart: Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller to lead New Orleans backs after Alvin Kamara suspension
Story by Jacob Camenker

The Saints are going to be without Alvin Kamara to start the 2023 NFL season.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Friday that the NFL would be suspending Kamara for the first three games of the season. The suspension stems from Kamara's involvement in a fight outside a Las Vegas nightclub in 2022 while he was at the Pro Bowl.........

AFL Club
Collingwood
When it rains it pours: Saints RB room takes another hit day after Kamara suspension (msn.com)

When it rains it pours: Saints RB room takes another hit day after Kamara suspension
Story by Josh Wilson •5h

............Except, now, the Saints are going to be without Benjamin for likely the whole season. Dennis Allen announced to the media that Benjamin ruptured his Achilles tendon..........
..........Now, the Saints have to be careful about how much they use Williams in those first three weeks, though, because there will be limited options outside of him.

Rookie Kendre Miller will now be asked to take up many more carries than expected. Miller, out of TCU, was drafted in the third round. The Saints think his receiving skills might be one of his underrated talents, but he will certainly get more hando*** in the earlier days, now.........

AFL Club
St Kilda
If anyone is interested,:
The Ringer NFL podcast has a couple of podcasts on the future of NFL offence 14 July and defence 21 July.
They assume the listener knows some basics about the game but they do a reasonable job of describing what teams are doing

AFL Club
Fremantle
True.
But it seems that as long as all club managers underrate and underpay their RBs the situation won't change.
Why pay more when no other manager will?
And the RBs can't/won't strike because the managers will just play their 2nd/3rd string RBs.
If I was a manager - or a star QB, say - I'd be willing to pay over the current odds for the best.

TEs aren't paid too well, either.
Waller $17m; Kittle $15m; Kelce $14.3m; Goedert $14.2m; Andrews $14m
Waller gets the most because the Giants wanted him and paid.

As for Kelce: he's also criminally underpaid.
There are 22 WRs paid more than him. Yet, if he was a WR he would be ranked at least top-10. Arguably top-5.
His 152 targets would have ranked him #6 among WRs.
His 110 catches ranked him equal to the #3 WR Diggs.
His 1,338 total yds would have ranked him #8 among WRs.
His 12 TDs were only beaten by Adams' 14 with A J Brown and Diggs 11 the next best.
Late to the convo, but what I’ve seen in the last couple years is stats like this get shared and I think team owners are probably looking at that going why are we paying RB?
Look what happened to Zeke when Dallas paid him, they could probably have been genuine Super Bowl contender using the money elsewhere.
IMG_3936.jpeg

AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm a tad sceptical.
The best rookie RB season I can remember is Barkley in 2018: 261 carries and 91 catches; 2,028 total yds; 15 TDs.
It was a great season and definitely top-10 RB.
But in his favour: an old Eli Manning at QB; no competition at RB

Robinson has a poor QB but he does have Allgeier - who had a decent rookie RB season last year.
I can see Robinson being used in the passing game but not to the extent Barkley was in the running game: 261 carries is a lot.
But that's just me.
Saquon Barkley and James Conner were free hits at RB that year.