Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 562
Overall Rank: 124

My best start to an NFL season and very happy considering I spent close to 50 million on the quartet of M Thomas, TY Hilton, G Kittle and S Barkley who managed 52 points.

View attachment 21554
Likely no trades to be used for RD2.
Out: M Thomas
In: D Hopkins
Remaining salary increases to $4,430,000

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out: Goff, Singletary
In: T Taylor, Nyheim Hines

$17,570,000 in the bank ready for a slight re structure next week - Need a TE. Have Blake Jarvis out for the year
Didn't realise Jarwin got injured, explains his poor score. :rolleyes:

I can probably leave him on the bench for another week or two if needed (he was there anyway). Fant is the one I would be looking at to replace him at this point.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Very tough decision and ideally you would want both eventually and very quickly.

As others have alluded to Hopkins has a good draw but Kirk, Fitzgerald, etc were rarely featured in the opening game and I'd expect them to receive more targets. Adams missed several games through injury last season and the form of A Rodgers was slightly down from his lofty standards last season.

Depends on your preference as it is extremely hard to separate both and bar injury it is very unlikely that either will greatly disappoint or a large difference between both.
Thanks for that. One reason I'm leaning to Adams is because he will be my only Bye 5 player. I don't like too many same Bye players, already have five Bye 8 players and Hopkins is a Bye 8.

I'm thinking OUT: Thomas and Akers - IN: Adams and Taylor.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

$17,570,000 in the bank ready for a slight re structure next week - Need a TE. Have Blake Jarvis out for the year
Hines won't get 2 touchdowns every week. He is still 2nd in line for touches. So, either find a rookie or upgrade to a premium.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

An option could be
C Newton and D Johnson instead of Goff and Singletary

Approx 5 million remaining in salary allowing Jarwin or another rookie to be upgraded in RD3.

Or
Out: D Singletary, B Jarwin
In: J Taylor, T Kelce

AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure who to trade Thomas to, already have Hopkins and Adams.
Hard to go wrong with either Hill, Godwin or Jones as premos. If you want to save even more cash Thielen appears great value.

I also like Hollywood Brown too, who’s fully healthy now and has quite a favourable early schedule. However he’s fairly dependent on TDs to score well so can be a little boom or bust. Pretty cheap though if you want to redirect a lot of cash elsewhere. I assume you already have JuJu as he seems a no-brainer and a "must have" at this point.

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbers/week-2-backfield-report

A few of interest below:

BALTIMORE RAVENS
Mark Ingram (36% snap rate, 10 opportunities)
J.K. Dobbins (39%, 7)
Gus Edwards (25%, 4)
Notes: Ingram got the start and handled some early inside-the-10 reps, but he was unable to convert his lone attempt from down there into a score before getting yanked in those situations in favor of rookie Dobbins. He converted both of his two inside-the-five totes for three- and two-yard touchdowns. Dobbins looks like the back to own in Baltimore moving forward, but as many as four players, including Lamar Jackson, will be carrying the rock any given week. Both Ingram and Dobbins are very TD-dependent, but Dobbins gets the edge based on recency bias, skill, and youth. Ingram is in very real danger of crumbling to RB3/4 status.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
Marlon Mack (15% snap rate, 7 opportunities)
Jonathan Taylor (35%, 15)
Nyheim Hines (53%, 15)
Notes: Mack got the Week 1 start in Jacksonville, and I firmly believe he would’ve been in for a big game before tearing his Achilles’ in the second quarter. Mack was getting targets in the passing game and picking up chunk yards on the ground. It was surprisingly Hines who was the guy in the red zone for the Colts, seeing two inside-the-10 carries to Taylor’s one. Hines converted his prime looks for a pair of scores, catching one and running in the other. With Mack now out for the season, this backfield is much easier to project. Think of Taylor as the Melvin Gordon to Hines’ Austin Ekeler in the old Chargers Offense with Philip Rivers. Both have value, but Taylor should be much more stable from a volume standpoint. He has RB1 upside.

LOS ANGELES RAMS
Malcolm Brown (60% snap rate, 22 opportunities)
Cam Akers (33%, 15)
Darrell Henderson (7%, 3)
Notes: Everyone expected Brown to get the start for the Rams, but nobody saw him handling this much of the Week 1 workload against Dallas. A pedestrian talent, Brown ended up leading this committee and converted his scoring opportunities for one- and two-yard touchdowns. Akers struggled, but his 15 touches were promising. Henderson was playing on a bum hamstring and looks to be a distant No. 3 in L.A. Brown, Nyheim Hines, and Benny Snell were the top backs to add off waivers this week. Ultimately, the Rams would like Akers to pull ahead of Brown, but the veteran is a steady hand who knows his role and gets the job done. Henderson can safely be dropped in all 10- and 12-team redraft leagues.

AFL Club
Sydney
Thoughts on D Adams as C against Detroit instead of P Mahomes/CMC/A Kamara/S Barkley?
It's certainly doable. Adams is the clear No.1 WR this week according to the experts with that favourable home matchup vs the Lions. But even he is only projected to score approx 38.6 RDT pts, and that still trails both Mahomes and Lamar who are around the 48-50 mark. Zeke currently tops the backs at about 44pts followed by CMC who has now dropped to 41.4pts.

Of course these are only average projections so maybe Burrow will top score against the misfit Browns for all we know. :ROFLMAO:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's certainly doable. Adams is the clear No.1 WR this week according to the experts with that favourable home matchup vs the Lions. But even he is only projected to score approx 38.6 RDT pts, and that still trails both Mahomes and Lamar who are around the 48-50 mark. Zeke currently tops the backs at about 44pts followed by CMC who has now dropped to 41.4pts.

Of course these are only average projections so maybe Burrow will top score against the misfit Browns for all we know. :ROFLMAO:
Shhh, you will jinx my VC. :ROFLMAO: