Discussion NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Farewell my friend-

As for their replacement it is between the Chargers and the Packers. The Bears are currently on the bye and will be fielded for most rounds during the remainder of the season. Leaning towards the Chargers due to their matchup this round.

AFL Club
Essendon
Farewell my friend-

As for their replacement it is between the Chargers and the Packers. The Bears are currently on the bye and will be fielded for most rounds during the remainder of the season. Leaning towards the Chargers due to their matchup this round.
Maybe the Packers are better? not totally sure

I went for the steelers for Miami this week because I think Miami have a difficult last 4 weeks and the BE's are favourable atm, I have the Bills so need a premium team for the run home.

AFL Club
Essendon
AFL Club
St Kilda
Chargers are probably better this week though
I'm playing the Chargers over the Ravens but with no confidence.
We don't know what influence Flacco will have. He managed 262yds and 3 TDs against the Pat.s and the Jets scored 27 points - which is more than Baltimore, Buffalo, Denver, KC, LV and Miami have scored against the Pat.s

It appears the Lions will have their starting quarterback against Carolina but the Panthers' QB situation is still up in the air.
Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford (thumb) is listed as questionable, but he got through the week with no issues and should start, a source tells NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
Despite a minor ligament tear in his throwing thumb, Stafford has no limitations.
In nine games this season, the Georgia product is averaging 267 passing yards with 17 total touchdowns.
Elsewhere in the Lions offense, with D'Andre Swift out with a concussion, veteran running back Adrian Peterson is slated to return to the starting role. However, A.D. is also expected to split carries with Kerryon Johnson, Rapoport added.
The Lions (4-5) travel to Charlotte to take on the Panthers (3-7) at 1 p.m. ET.
Other injury news we are keeping an eye on ahead of Sunday's Week 11 games:

• Carolina Panthers quarterback Teddy Bridgewater (MCL sprain, questionable) has steadily improved throughout the week, doing more Saturday than he did Friday. A source tells Rapoport that he's pushing to play, but the team won't put him in harm's way. A true game-time decision based on how he feels.
  • Denver Broncos quarterback Drew Lock, dealing with a painful muscle strain by his ribs, is expected to play against the Miami Dolphins. He steadily improved throughout the week. As for tight end Noah Fant (ribs), he's also expected to play, according to Rapoport.
  • Green Bay Packers wide receiver Allen Lazard, activated this week following surgery for a core muscle injury, is expected to play against the Indianapolis Colts. Lazard will be on a pitch count, as Green Bay eases him in. But he should play, Rapoport reports.
  • Houston Texans wide receiver Kenny Stills (back) is expected to play against the New England Patriots. As for left tackle Laremy Tunsil, he's questionable with an illness, but he is cleared to play. The big test will be simply how he feels. If he feels OK he should play, according to Rapoport.
  • Patriots running back Damien Harris (ankle/chest) is expected to play, per Rapoport, while NFL Network's Mike Giardi reports that cornerback Stephon Gilmore (knee) is expected to go.
  • Dallas Cowboys defensive ends Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory -- both listed as questionable (illness) -- have passed all their COVID tests. Barring any issue this morning, they're good to go against the Minnesota Vikings, sources tell NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.
  • Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith (groin) is expected to play against the Cowboys, per Pelissero.
  • Indianapolis Colts running back Nyheim Hines is expected to receive most of the carries against the Packers, Rapoport reported.
  • The Jacksonville Jaguars will be without defensive line coach Jason Rebrovich on Sunday due to COVID-19 protocols. Defensive assistant Dwayne Stukes will handle his gameday responsibilities.
https://www.nfl.com/news/injury-roundup-lions-matthew-stafford-expected-to-start-against-panthers

AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon that is an interesting but pretty meaningless stat.
Not saying that Tua isn't good. He is. But I think that too much attention is paid to a QB's win/loss and not enough to the team they play for.
Consider Miami's four wins with Tua: you can attribute the last 2 wins to Tua but the first two? The first, Miami were already up big and he came in with 2.27 to play; the second, Miami had 2 int.s and 2 DST TDs.

Now consider LAC with Herbert. A very poor 1-7 win/loss record which looks very bad. But all were one score games and two were losses in O/T.
I think that if Herbert had Miami's DST it is highly likely he'd be 8-0. Maybe. Possibly.

I think, as I said above, that not enough attention is paid to team composition.
Perhaps the most outstanding example of how little a QB can contribute and a team still win is the 2015 Superbowl winning Broncos under Peyton Manning. Manning had a passer rating of 67.9 for the season with 9 TDs and 17 Int.s but the Broncos went 11-2 when he was QB..

Or take, Zeke. He had a really good Offensive line in his first years in Dallas and a coach who liked to use him. This year the Offensive line is not so good and a coach who prefers to throw the ball. That must be considered when evaluating Zeke's performance.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
Amazing how easy Mahomes makes it look when the game is on the line.
Unfortunately for Gruden and the Raiders 103 seconds is an eternity for Mahomeboy to win the game.

I think we may be dead level after this weekend after I posted 592 all out. Will have to wait until tomorrow to see how well Barking Gheckos faired and whether anyone new comes over the top. :cautious:

AFL Club
Sydney
I need Gronk to score 47 to survive the Eliminator. :eek:

@Quasimodo
I assume that your 592 is enough?
Yeah my opponent could only muster 528 as he had to field Fulgham who has now crapped out back to back deuces. :poop:

So I survive another week in the eliminator. Also looks like I will sweep my 6 leagues playing Connoisseurs and Stay Mahomes in 4 of them.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Unfortunately for Gruden and the Raiders 103 seconds is an eternity for Mahomeboy to win the game.

I think we may be dead level after this weekend after I posted 592 all out. Will have to wait until tomorrow to see how well Barking Gheckos faired and whether anyone new comes over the top. :cautious:
I saw that - nice! Gonna be a real tight run home. Barking ghekkos currently 11 ahead if us with succoop to come so hopefully only about 30 or so up by round's end.