Discussion 2019 NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably not worth trading Thielen out if he will only miss 1 game.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Adam Thielen (hamstring) is targeting a Week 9 return.
Thielen is reportedly aiming to return in Week 9 against the Chiefs. Ian Rapoport has also reported that it's unlikely the Vikings' stud WR suits up for the team's Thursday night matchup against the Redskins. Olabisi Johnson will start in Thielen's place if he's ultimately sidelined. Johnson caught 4-of-8 targets for 40 yards and a touchdown against the Lions. He's in play as a solid streaming option, although it'd be far from shocking if the Vikings run the ball as much as possible as 16-point home favorites.
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter.
Oct 21, 2019, 2:44 PM ET

AFL Club
St Kilda
Darnold currently 5/10 completions for -4 yds. I think you can rule him out as a Mahomes replacement.
The stat.s are bad, aren't they.
But Darnold really isn't that bad. It's just he's up against the Pat.s
Coming out of college he was rated by many as the best QB in the 2018 draft. He went at #3 behind only Mayfield and Barkley.
Some of the podcasters I listen to think/believe that in the long-term he will be better than Mahomes/Watson/etc
I don't think it helps that Gase is his head coach. He's no Andy Reid.

But no, not a Mahomes replacement.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I wish I owned the Pats D....
They've saved my score (somewhat) this week - from <400 to comfortably over 400.
I paid a premium for them but after this week they'll have averaged 40+ for me and gone up $2mill so it was worth it.
Another good opponent next week in Cleveland but then the "tough" ones: Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Houston and KC.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
They've saved my score (somewhat) this week - from <400 to comfortably over 400.
I paid a premium for them but after this week they'll have averaged 40+ for me and gone up $2mill so it was worth it.
Another good opponent next week in Cleveland but then the "tough" ones: Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Houston and KC.
Yeah non owners like myself have probably missed the boat now. Will likely be paying overs with a tougher strength of schedule coming up as you mention. At least I have the 9ers D who only look better with every week that passes and have much bigger fish to fry in my WR line than worry about DST right now.

Just clicked over 500 with 503 so will definitely take that with all the ugliness out there this week.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
50 was a nice score, I needed a score in the 80's from them for me (captaincy score) to get the win though - that was never happening. Still got me to over 400 (just), bad week still

AFL Club
Essendon
Mahomes out and Lamar on his bye week means I’m short of cover this week (I have Murray on the bench)

Thinking of doing Mahomes to Rudolph and DK Metcalf to Godwin. I can then downgrade Murray/McLaurin in a few weeks to make my final trades of Rudolph to Watson/Mahomes and Bell/Chubb/Jacobs to Mccaffrey/Saquon. Would have 12 trades left after this weeks moves with 900k left in the bank

Can alternatively look to get Kyle Allen in instead of Rudolph but he has the more difficult draw and the 49ers coming up.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ok ... been playing with my tables again .....

First one contains some rookie priced players (below 4k).
- used ~$250k $PP and lower as the general cut off ...
- BE's for players that have only "scored" fantasy points in one game assumes that they will score the same score as their first game

1571729204033.png Notes and legend:

- My calculated BE's use my calculated $PP as the MN
- $PP is the current $ per point scored (the guide I use quite a lot)
- MN (Magic Number) will change from round 3 onward and is based on the average $PP across all players in the comp (~$380,500)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Second one contains some fast starters (above 4k).
- used ~$250k $PP and lower as the cut off
- BE's for players that have only "scored" fantasy points in one game assumes that they will score the same score as their first game

1571729391860.png
Notes and legend:

- MN (Magic Number) will change from round 3 onward and is based on the average $PP across all players in the comp (~$380,500)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Third one contains players not in the other two with:
- A BE in the teens and below
- Average of 30+ for QB, and RB positions
- Average of 25+ for WR position
- Average of 20+ for TE position
- Average of 17+ for K and DST positions

1571730281463.png
Notes and legend:

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last one which contains some players with a high $PP:
- Only contains players I've seen in various teams - got 3 myself on this list ... up from 1 last week
- After this weeks price changes some might be better to ride out
- Used no particular $PP cut off this week as I'm looking to grab some of these players in the coming weeks ...

1571730427525.png Notes and legend: