Discussion 2019 NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Sydney
Looks like I'm bringing in Thomas this week although will be paying top dollar for him which I'm always loath to do midseason. But the most consistent WR with a lowest score of 25 (even Godwin had a down game), he seems incapable of a poor showing this season. And with Brees expected back sooner rather than later (perhaps even this week!) surely that can only have a positive effect on his output RoS.

Then looking at Cooper and probably Kupp to complete my WR line over the following fortnight unless other priorities emerge of course.

AFL Club
St Kilda
For the second week in a row I had a donut but still managed a respectable score. For the second week in a row the Pat.s DST really helped.

atm my only trade will be Mahomes->Rodgers with the possibility of going Rodgers (wk.11 bye)->Watson (wk.10 bye) after wk.10.
I'm still unsure as to which of Watson/Wilson I prefer although I'm leaning towards Watson. To trade Mahomes to either atm is too costly. Both cost $2m+ more than Mahones and have 55/58 BEs.
Rodgers costs $1.5m less than Mahomes and has a -9 BE. I doubt he'll score as well as Watson/Wilson but he might. It depends upon how well the new offence has gelled. If he does score well then he won't need to be traded out. If he doesn't then any Rodgers->Watson trade will cost me less than the Mahomes->Watson one currently would.

Fairly happy with my RBs - McCaffrey, Chubb, Ekeler and Jacobs - although I'm aware only McCaffrey is a guaranteed scorer.
Less happy with my WRs but feel no urgent need to change them. Three are solid: Godwin, Thomas, Hopkins. The rest may have to go at some time: Chark, McLaurin, Gallup, Moore and Kirk. The question is: to whom?

AFL Club
Sydney
Less happy with my WRs but feel no urgent need to change them. Three are solid: Godwin, Thomas, Hopkins. The rest may have to go at some time: Chark, McLaurin, Gallup, Moore and Kirk. The question is: to whom?
I have nearly an identical line-up with the main difference of having Julio Jones instead of Thomas. Given Thomas's consistency and output I have an easy call even though it will cost nearly my entire bank to get there. He also has his bye the following week although I'd be trading out Gallup so that effect is pretty neutral overall really. After that I agree there are no certainties although I do like Kupp and Cooper myself after they have had their byes.

Allen could be an option after that stellar start but obviously has dropped away significantly. Both OBJ and JuJu could be insane value but I'd really need them to show me two solid weeks of output with their team's passing offences as a whole also improving before I'd consider going there myself. JuJu does have the Dolphins this week on MNF so if he can't produce there he is probably a scratching for the remainder of 2019.

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 438
RD Rank: 296
Overall Rank: 157 (from 199)
0-20: P Mahomes, T Davis, M Hardman, D Adams, E Piniero, L Bell, M Andrews, M Gallup
21-39: H Henry, J Jacobs, M Thomas, San Francisco,
40+: L Jackson (C), D Cook, E Elliott, D Hopkins
Trades made: Out: D Walker, D Montgomery, In: H Henry, D Singletary
Trades planned: Out: P Mahomes, M Hardman, In: A Rodgers, J Jones

Will likely grab 1 of K Cousins/A Rodgers to replace P Mahomes allowing G Minshew to be traded to D Brees later on and hopefully M Gallup and J Jacobs to K Allen and A Kamara/S Barkley.

Current team inclusive of planned trades:
1571791311072.png

AFL Club
Sydney
451 and dropped a couple of spots to 17th. I'll take that

Mid week thoughts, Mahomes and Montgomery will go. Need a cheap RB (Ty?) so I can go hard with a big scoring QB.

Jacobs covers a RB blue dot. Plus one of Hardman/Metcalf covers a WR blue dot. The only other decision is to who to play between Pineiro and G'ay. (v) on Cook for a look