Discussion 2019 NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
St Kilda
If anyone is interested and has the time the BBC2 show "NFL This Week" on 7mate Fridays at 10.00am is worth watching.
They do a basic rundown on the previous week's games with in-depth discussion of a couple.
I think it's worth watching for the in-depth discussion. This week, for example, they spend some time discussing the weak KC run defence explaining just how/why that defence isn't working.

AFL Club
Sydney
Certainly glad I offloaded Chubb at his peak price of over $14M when he had his bye. Another couple more weeks of mediocre output and he will be pretty much back to his starting price of $9M.

I also feel for JuJu owners who stuck it out, as you generally should with premo players who under-perform early. Not only has he been one of the busts of the season but now he's got himself concussed in the 1st half. (n)

AFL Club
Essendon
Certainly glad I offloaded Chubb at his peak price of over $14M. Another couple of weeks of mediocre output and he will be pretty much back to his starting price of $9M.

I also feel for JuJu owners who stuck it out, as you generally should with premo players. Not only has he been one of the busts of the season but now he's got himself concussed in the 1st half. (n)
Glad I offloaded him for McCaffrey last week as well, it won’t get much better from here as Hunt gets more carries.

I’m also glad I got rid of Rudolph this week after I had him for 3 weeks after Mahomes went down. He’s pretty much ruined JuJu as a pick this year by virtue of his inability to make plays downfield

AFL Club
St Kilda
Certainly glad I offloaded Chubb at his peak price of over $14M when he had his bye. Another couple more weeks of mediocre output and he will be pretty much back to his starting price of $9M.

I also feel for JuJu owners who stuck it out, as you generally should with premo players who under-perform early. Not only has he been one of the busts of the season but now he's got himself concussed in the 1st half. (n)
I have to admit I was wrong to keep Chubb. He is still getting the carries, another 27 today, but the lack of TDs hurts.
As to trading him now - I don't know. I didn't expect a great score against Pittsburgh given they are a top-5 defence against RBs. I'll wait and see how he goes against Miami who are a bottom-5 defence against RBs.

On a +ve note: I traded JuJu after wk.5 because I didn't trust Rudolph.
Swings and roundabouts.

@Verbal Kint
What do you think of Melvin Gordon or Derrick Henry as Chubb replacements?

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Like Rupert, I kept Chubb. 18 is not a terrible score, but not really cutting it compared to what you want. Might need to move him on, depends what else happens this round. No idea who for.

I also got rid of JuJu after Rd 5, so we have that in common too.
Don't despair just yet. Chubb might have some good scores given his schedule.
Teams to come with rankings by points given up to RBs:
Miami - #5; Pittsburgh - #27; Cincinnati - #3; Arizona - #10; Baltimore - #18; Cincinnati - #3

As you might have guessed, I'm a glass-half-full kinda guy.

AFL Club
Sydney
Full disclosure that although it appears I may have cashed out Chubb at the right time I did trade him down to Bell who has been pretty disappointing tbh. I thought with the schedule the Jets had upcoming (at that time ) that he'd perform better than he actually has. But I guess when you are as dysfunctional a bunch as the Jets are the schedule really doesn't count for that much.

His fitness has also been pretty iffy lately too which doesn't help and am actually benching him this week despite the match-up looking ok on paper, assuming he even plays. The Jets could also decide to shut him down at some point so it wouldn't surprise me if I have to burn another trade on him. :rolleyes:

AFL Club
St Kilda
Full disclosure that although it appears I may have cashed out Chubb at the right time I did trade him down to Bell who has been pretty disappointing tbh. I thought with the schedule the Jets had upcoming (at that time ) that he'd perform better than he actually has. But I guess when you are as dysfunctional a bunch as the Jets are the schedule really doesn't count for that much.

His fitness has also been pretty iffy lately too which doesn't help and am actually benching him this week despite the match-up looking ok on paper, assuming he even plays. The Jets could also decide to shut him down at some point so it wouldn't surprise me if I have to burn another trade on him. :rolleyes:
Oh dear. And Bell hasn't scored that much better than Chubb, has he?
At least you made a decent amount of cash trading Chubb->Bell so I assume you upgraded elsewhere?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Kept Ju Ju due to trading OBJ instead in RD6, so looking forward to hopefully relegating him to the bench for the remainder of the season but E Sanders injury and now Ju Ju’s, further complicates the matter.

AFL Club
Sydney
Wow ... what sort of crap is that !!!

Never seen anything like it before and don't expect to see him in the game for a very long time ...
*** I had no idea that happened until I watched Get Up! this evening. I switched off the game in the last few minutes when the result was clear. It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread and just missed it focused on just the fantasy news.

But just crazy stuff. 'Malice in the Palace' NFL style.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
*** I had no idea that happened until I watched Get Up! this evening. I switched off the game in the last few minutes when the result was clear. It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread and just missed it focused on just the fantasy news.

But just crazy stuff. 'Malice in the Palace' NFL style.
Listening to some live commentary at the moment watching the same show ... general consensus seems to be 8 - 16 games ...

- Not enough to me ... gone for this and next year as a minimum for me ...

AFL Club
Sydney
Oh dear. And Bell hasn't scored that much better than Chubb, has he?
At least you made a decent amount of cash trading Chubb->Bell so I assume you upgraded elsewhere?
Indeed Rupert he scored virtually the same - 69pts for Bell vs 68 for Chubb for weeks 8-10, plus just 16 piddly pts from Bell during Chubb's bye.

But yes I was able to redirect the cash generated to help patch up my WR line which was really the whole reason I traded Chubb out anyway, not because I thought Bell would necessarily outscore him. So in that regard both players have disappointed their owners since Rd 7.

AFL Club
Sydney
Listening to some live commentary at the moment watching the same show ... general consensus seems to be 8 - 16 games ...

- Not enough to me ... gone for this and next year as a minimum for me ...
Yes that was pretty much straight up assault with a deadly weapon. Garrett was soooo lucky that Rudolph wasn't seriously injured as that helmet was slung with some venom.

Still the fact of the matter is he didn't crack Rudolph's skull wide open so it will be interesting to see how the league deals with all parties involved. Quite a wide range of opinions out there. Though I doubt anyone can argue that the optics don't look terrible, so you'd have to expect a fairly hefty suspension is on its way.

Last edited: