Discussion 2019 NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

AFL Club
Carlton
I did read some weeks back that OBJ has a groin issue, that wouldn't help. Is he worth the risk next year???
He is worth it, groin won't be an issue, it's the game plan and whether he is centre of it. As it is now they're not utlising him as much as they should. Maybe OBJ can br traded to the Packers, knowing Rodgers would be passing to him.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I brought him back a few weeks ago but purely as bench cover. I did stream him against the Dolphins and that worked out well enough but thankfully was able to bench him last weekend with Kupp having the better match-up against the Cards. He does have the Bengals at home this weekend but I still intend to sit both he and Amari if Julio gets up in time.
Well, he was meant to just be sitting on the bench for me too, I had to play him this week with two WR donuts. Bit of an expensive upgrade on Hardman who only got 1, so could have been worse.

AFL Club
St Kilda
My 2 trades done for week 14, out Tyler Lockett and OBJ can't carry his rubbish anymore. In DJ Moore been very consistent and doesn't have the ownership of a Michael Thomas. Also brought in Cole Beasley after a couple of spike games. I am concerned the Bills have the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots next. Hoping the players I've selected won't be rested and not in too many teams. ?
I started with DJ Moore and been very happy with him.
But now that Rivera has been sacked?
I think everyone should be a little nervous about the impact of a new coach on McCaffrey and Moore.

AFL Club
Carlton
I started with DJ Moore and been very happy with him.
But now that Rivera has been sacked?
I think everyone should be a little nervous about the impact of a new coach on McCaffrey and Moore.
The assistant coach is stepping in, so I'm assuming minimal changes over the last 4 weeks and not making playo***. I'm hoping they keep the mix right regarding passing and rushing.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe the afl could introduce waivers if you can't kick.

Still lots for me to learn, 'Waivers'.

Waivers are a National Football League labor management procedure by which a team makes an American football player's contract or NFL rights available to all other teams. During the season, each team has 24 hours to file a claim for a player that another team has made available through the system or waive the right to do so.

How NFL Waivers Work
All 32 NFL teams are required to trim their rosters from the 90 players allowed during the preseason to the 53 players allowed during the regular season...…...As a result nearly 1200 NFL players are cut en masse. Most of the players cut are subject to waivers. Veterans cut with four years of NFL service are not subject to waivers and will immediately become unrestricted free agents...…..

AFL Club
Carlton
My 2 trades done for week 14, out Tyler Lockett and OBJ can't carry his rubbish anymore. In DJ Moore been very consistent and doesn't have the ownership of a Michael Thomas. Also brought in Cole Beasley after a couple of spike games. I am concerned the Bills have the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots next. Hoping the players I've selected won't be rested and not in too many teams. ?
DJ Moore

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, Moore looks a good selection (y)

https://fantasy.espn.com/football/players/projections
WEEK 14 Outlook:
Moore has handled eight-plus targets in all but two games this season, and his most recent effort featured 12 passes thrown in his direction. He's become one of the most reliable sources of volume at the WR position in the NFL and, against a weak Atlanta pass defense, that's a great way to post a big fantasy point total. He racked up eight catches against them three weeks ago and should be able to do at least that again in Week 14. He's an easy starter in every kind of fantasy league this weekend.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The team listed wide receiver Adam Thielen as a DNP, which is a downgrade from his limited status last week.
Thielen has been sidelined with the hamstring injury since aggravating it in Week 9. He looked on track to have a shot at playing this past Monday, but was downgraded to out the day before. The fact that he was listed as a DNP for Wednesday’s report suggests he had a notable setback.
By David Fucillo 26 minutes ago

Dalvin Cook told the media it’s all about pain tolerance with his shoulder, according to beat writer Andrew Krammer. Cook was told he shouldn’t be at risk of injuring it worse, so he expects to play on Sunday against the Lions.
By David Fucillo 2 hours ago

JuJu Smith-Schuster told the media on Wednesday that his knee is improving, but he has not moved out of straight-line running into making cuts, according to beat writer Brooke Pryor.
Smith-Schuster declared himself week-to-week, which suggests he won’t play on Sunday.
Smith-Schuster is worth keeping on your roster for the time being. He seems unlikely to play in Week 14, and Week 15 seems a bit in question as well. But if he returns for Week 16, he could be a big decision for fantasy players.
By David Fucillo Today at 7:21am AUS Eastern Daylight Time

Browns QB Baker Mayfield is dealing with a hand bruise but expects to play in Week 14.
By David Fucillo Today at 6:28am AUS Eastern Daylight Time

Colts WR T.Y. Hilton might not return in 2019 due to his calf injury.
By David Fucillo Today at 5:15am AUS Eastern Daylight Time

AFL Club
St Kilda
Has anyone looked at the Champion Data team rankings that came out today?
I don't want to turn this into an AFL forum but I do think that they are a nice reminder that not everything can be put into numbers.
For example:
Melbourne - ranked #1 for 2019 and finished 17th.
Adelaide - ranked #2 and finished 11th
Brisbane - ranked #10 and finished 2nd/5th
WCE - ranked #11 and finished 5th/6th

One of the beauties of a team sport like the AFL or NFL is that there is so much that is very hard to quantify.
I try to remember that when trading players.

AFL Club
Essendon
Has anyone looked at the Champion Data team rankings that came out today?
I don't want to turn this into an AFL forum but I do think that they are a nice reminder that not everything can be put into numbers.
For example:
Melbourne - ranked #1 for 2019 and finished 17th.
Adelaide - ranked #2 and finished 11th
Brisbane - ranked #10 and finished 2nd/5th
WCE - ranked #11 and finished 5th/6th

One of the beauties of a team sport like the AFL or NFL is that there is so much that is very hard to quantify.
I try to remember that when trading players.
Yeah they always say at PFF the gap between their grades and on field performance is coaching!

A team underperforming compared to their grades are poorly coached and a team out performing their grades are well coached.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I think you've got to admire what Pittsburgh are doing this year.
Their offence is totally different to what it has been. They lost their chief RB Bell last year and his replacement Conner has been playing injured and only managed 8 games. They lost their chief WR Brown in the pre-season and the man slotted to take over, JuJu, has been injured and played 10 games. They lost their Hall of Fame, if ageing, QB Roethlisberger in their 2nd game and are now playing their #3 QB Hodges.

That's the first-choice offence gone: QB, RB and WR. How many teams would win with those losses? Imagine NE without Brady, Edelman and White. Or Green Bay without Rodgers, Adams and Jones.

Yet after losing their first three games - to top teams NE, Seattle and SanFran, mind you - they have gone 7-2 since and are currently one game off a wild card spot.