Discussion 2017 NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion

Jandrews

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm sure you all know that Fantasy Football in America is a big deal, it even has it's own comedy based on it.
Anyway im looking to jump in a friendly league where everybody actually COMPLETES the season and it remains competitive.
Is anybody up for the challenge? If there is enough people i will create a league!
Just reply if you're in

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
If the interest is there, I'm in... Love me a bit of NFL in the off-season.

AFL Club
Carlton
I was in a league last season and the person that won didn't change their side once. I took it fairly seriously but came 3rd.

Obviously I'm too late for this, am in a fantasy league for $, I didn't draft well. :(

I think there is good coin to be made betting on the NFL, if only we could get Rowsus interested in doing some numbers for us. ;)

AFL Club
Carlton
Obviously I'm too late for this, am in a fantasy league for $, I didn't draft well. :(

I think there is good coin to be made betting on the NFL, if only we could get Rowsus interested in doing some numbers for us. ;)
Who is in your team?

I'm in a 10 team comp. My week 2 team is:
QB: D Brees
RB1: R Rice
RB2: D Murray
WR1: J Nelson
WR2: D Thomas
W/R: T Smith
TE: K Winslow
K: D Akers
DEF: Denver

Bench: Mendenhall (RB), J Jones (WR), Freeman (QB), Bernard (RB), Decker (WR), Daniels (TE)

Won my first round game 100.88 to 100.22. I started James Jones over Nelson because I thought he might play less after recovering from injury. Jones got a donut and Nelson 19.2 so it nearly cost me the win. Got lucky that I picked Thomas over Decker though. I was close to 50-50 and Thomas scored about 25 more.

My drafting theory was use my last picks for te, def and kicker. You can generally pick up top 5-10 options as free agents in those positions. I took Owen Daniels with my last pick and will look to get Heath Miller in when he returns. Last year I had Romo as QB so I'm glad I got Brees. My best pick I reckon will be Nelson in the 7th round. Cobb was a 2nd round pick and they will score about the same.

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
NFL Mega Thread (The Hayne Train Appreciation Thread)

My interest in this year’s Super Bowl faded considerably with the 49ers NFC Conference loss a few weeks back, but if reports of Floyd Mayweather’s AU$15 million bet on the Broncos in today’s game are true, it looks like he could well be feeling a little lighter in the pocket tonight with Seattle 36-8 in front with a quarter to play.

That said, with fight earnings in excess of US$350 million I’m sure his deep pockets could handle it. Lol. But still a pretty gutsy bet nonetheless.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow! That's a guy who has way too much money lol at least it was over relatively early for him

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Not true apparently but i wonder if it would've been a different story if the broncos won

Floyd Mayweather Did Not Bet $10 Million on Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII

Despite reports earlier in the night, Floyd Mayweather did not place a bet on Super Bowl XLVIII.

Lucky for him. If he had bet $10.4 million on the Denver Broncos like NFL Access tweeted, he'd be out a lot of money right now.

Mayweather took the time to correct those claims. Not only did he deny placing a bet, but he also claimed that he would have bet on the Seattle Seahawks. His reasoning makes sense given his defensive fighting abilities and the Seahawks' tough defense.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

MovingUpward

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Not true apparently but i wonder if it would've been a different story if the broncos won

Floyd Mayweather Did Not Bet $10 Million on Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII

Despite reports earlier in the night, Floyd Mayweather did not place a bet on Super Bowl XLVIII.

Lucky for him. If he had bet $10.4 million on the Denver Broncos like NFL Access tweeted, he'd be out a lot of money right now.

Mayweather took the time to correct those claims. Not only did he deny placing a bet, but he also claimed that he would have bet on the Seattle Seahawks. His reasoning makes sense given his defensive fighting abilities and the Seahawks' tough defense.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Sounded a little too good to be true... Then again you'd hardly admit a loss that big... If I don't win the $5 work sweep for the Melbourne Cup and then questioned by the wife, I'm like Schultz from Hogan's Heroes... "I know nothing!!!"

That said, his masseuse apparently denied the claims also. My pool cleaner knows my financial sitch inside and out, so I'm sure his masseuse would be in the know.

I'll just have to resign myself to imagining Floyd wandering around Walmart with a big a$$ wallet to accommodate the million bucks he carries around with him...

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sounded a little too good to be true... Then again you'd hardly admit a loss that big... If I don't win the $5 work sweep for the Melbourne Cup and then questioned by the wife, I'm like Schultz from Hogan's Heroes... "I know nothing!!!"

That said, his masseuse apparently denied the claims also. My pool cleaner knows my financial sitch inside and out, so I'm sure his masseuse would be in the know.

I'll just have to resign myself to imagining Floyd wandering around Walmart with a big a$$ wallet to accommodate the million bucks he carries around with him...
Hahaha the old masseuse ay. Bet there's alot she doesn't admit too.

AFL Club
Carlton
Don't know anything about this but flicking tv channels I see replay of Super Bowl on right now and half time. Red Hot Chilli Pepeers apparently going to be on. So I'll watch that and the rest could not care less about...lol

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
On a slightly different note:

Super Bowl Safety Bet Pays Off for Bettor for 2nd Time in 3 Years

Safeties aren't very common in the NFL, but they have become commonplace in recent Super Bowls. They have become so common that one man has been rewarded rather nicely twice in the last three years.

TMZ Sports shared the remarkable story of bettor Jona Rechnitz.

After the New York Giants recorded a safety against the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI, Rechnitz won $50,000 on a bet. He ended up donating his winnings to charity.

Rechnitz decided to test his luck once again this year.

This year, the first scoring play of the game being a safety in Seattle's favor faced 50-to-1 odds

When the first snap of Super Bowl XLVIII went past Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning and was recovered in the end zone for a safety, Rechnitz won $25,000 on a $500 bet.

For those wondering, he is planning on donating the money again this year. He told TMZ that he is going to donate his winnings to the Simon Wiesenthal Center as well as the Stewart J. Rahr Foundation.

All of these safeties are making Rechnitz look like a genius.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
It just gets better and better

Ill-Fated Super Bowl Promotion Costs Jewelry Store Whopping $70K in Refunds

If you thought the Denver Broncos felt bad, just consider how Jeff Dennis must be feeling. Thanks to a rare gaffe to start the game, his jewelry store had to give back $70,000 to his customers.

Suddenly those Super Bowl hangovers don't seem so bad by comparison.

AL.com's Joe Anderson reports (h/t New York Daily News) that safety that started out Super Bowl XLVIII had awful repercussions well away from the football field, because Jeff Dennis Jewelers was running a promotion promising a refund to customers if either team scored a safety.

Oops.

The Jewelers' Facebook page lit up with comments in the aftermath as a reported $70,000 was set to be returned to some very happy customers.

This Facebook page explains the promotion well before the Broncos' Manny Ramirez sent a ball sailing over Peyton Manning to start the game.

Today is the day! If there is a Safety scored by either team in today's game, we will refund tens of thousands of dollars to over 400 customers who purchased jewelry from us over the past 2 weeks!

Here's how it will work...

1. There has to be a safety in the game... (Either team scoring 2 points via a safety)
2. My phone starts blowing up.
3. We file the claim with the insurance company. (For the safety, not the phone)
4. They will send us a check in 2-3 weeks.
5. We will have a refund party for the 3rd year in a town and give back lots of money.
6. Everybody who bought something is happy.
7. Insurance company bangs head against the wall, throws hands up in the air and pulls hair out!

Fun Stuff!

That's playing it fast and loose with the term fun—at least from a jewler's perspective.

Now the important part is Dennis is covered, so it makes sense that he would share in the spoils of instant publicity.

Anderson explains that Dennis has an insurance claim and merely had to pay a premium, so the hefty sum will largely be the bane of Lloyd's of London. And if you doubt his enthusiasm, Dennis proclaimed, "I'm ecstatic. I can't put it into words. It's unbelievable."

Enjoying such a remarkable turn of events demands that you do in fact take out an insurance claim, something Jim 'Mattress Mack' McIngvale who owns Gallery Furniture doesn't trifle with.

According to Fox Sports' Shawn Ramsey, McIngvale's website declares that they do not take out insurance despite holding a recent promotion for the AFC and NFC Championships that netted his company a loss of $600,000.

He told The Houston Chronicle's Ken Hoffman, "Nah, I don't have insurance in case we lose money on contests. I've never done that. I self-insure the contests."

Here is a report on the apparently dangerous game of NFL promotions:

Not to be outdone by his own gaffe, Mattress Mack went right back and delivered a similar Super Bowl promotion, one that saw his company lose $7 million in refunds.

Ramsey writes:

During the week leading up to Super Bowl XLVIII, Gallery Furniture advertised if customers purchased $6,000 or more in furniture and had it delivered by 5 p.m. Super Bowl Sunday, they would be eligible to receive a full refund if the (slight) underdog Seahawks won the big game.

We are just going to assume next year's contest mandates customers correctly pick the coin flip for free furniture.

Now the Super Bowl was hardly a stirring event, starting with a safety and never really picking up from there. For most of the night, success belonged to the Seahawks as well as a sizable chunk of people who chose to do business with Dennis and McIngvale recently.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone been following Jarryd Hayne's progress in the NFL? Survived a cut today, one more to go!

Week 1 highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AW7vs88KIw
Week 2 highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjlsSapv2o
Week 3 highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0RenYCQao
What a great story he is, early days but. Brilliant player at what he does, very good rugby players in Aust. could now be closely looked at.
As an analogy how good would an Australian soccer or basketball team be if Aussie Rules didn't exist!

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-spor...ream-by-the-game/story-fnp3l4e4-1227508884823

Jarryd Hayne makes Madden ‘16 after being inspired to chase NFL dream by the game

THE kid who grew up playing Madden will now feature on it.

EA Sports has revealed it will feature Jarryd Hayne in Madden ’16 as the Australian running back closes in on a spot on the San Francisco 49ers’ 53-man roster.

Hayne was unveiled today as the featured player in the Madden Ultimate Team Mystery Box after impassioned pleas from fans on social media to include him in the game.

EA Sports supplied foxsports.com.au with the following Hayne ratings and stats:

- 95 Acceleration: he gets up to speed incredibly fast, he’s on par with the elite running backs in the NFL in this category

- 93 Carry: he’s really good at hanging onto the football, all that rugby league training has taught him how to protect the ball and not fumble!

- 90 Juke Move: he’s able to cut on a dime and shake defenders who are about to tackle him, a tough guy to bring down in the open field.

“EA SPORTS is excited to welcome Jarryd Hayne to the NFL,” an EA Sports spokesperson said. “We’re celebrating the Aussie phenom, and self-professed Madden NFL fan, with a special Madden Ultimate Team item that’s available in-game right now.

“Hayne was revealed today as the featured player in the Madden Ultimate Team Mystery Box, so some lucky fans were able to add him to their team.

“Fans who want to get Hayne on their squad should keep an eye out for fans looking to trade him for another player, or check out the auction house to see if he’s available there.”

Upon announcing his departure from the Parramatta Eels last year, Hayne told reporters he had fallen in love with the NFL after long hours spent playing Madden.

His former housemate, Ben Smith, confirmed as much. In an interview with The Australian last October, Smith said Hayne used to dress up as a Reggie Bush - now his 49ers teammate - before taking on all-comers at Madden.

“Every now and then a few of the boys would come over to play Madden on the PlayStation and we would have a bit of a tournament,” Smith said.

“The lounge area would be downstairs and Haynesy would live upstairs. We would be downstairs getting ready to play and Haynesy would walk downstairs in a Reggie Bush playing jersey and a helmet.

“He used to play the whole game dressed like that. Whenever he scored a touchdown, he would do a little 10-metre dash into the courtyard or run around the kitchen table. Or he would get up and pretend he was doing a post-touchdown celebration.

“He was that pumped. He loved it that much. When he would get angry, no word of a lie, he would sit in the same spot and bump the wall if he made a mistake.

“When we left, there was a little indentation in the wall. We had to patch it up.”

Another former teammate, Justin Horo, is credited with introducing Hayne to American football.

“Apart from playing Madden he had fairly little knowledge concerning the game,” Horo said last week.

“A couple of times I tried to speak to him or her at night time and he was Simply exhausted. He’d trained from nine to three … and he’d spend four or 5 hours in the playbook.

“He’s done his job and is reaping the rewards.”