NFL RDT Dream Team League & Fantasy Discussion

aps1

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Essendon
Just a thought:
if anyone has trades to spare it might be worth trading in the DST of whichever team plays the Bills.
The Bills are unable to score points, 10.7ppg, and their starting QBs have been poor. Nathan Peterman has thrown 7 intercepts in 4 games and Josh Allen is "the least efficient" QB according to ESPN. Derek Anderson is a journeyman in his 14th season.
They would prefer to play Allen, pick #7 in recent draft, but he has an elbow injury and even if he returns after their bye he is unlikely to be very good.
The scores of their opponents' DST: 56 (Chic) v NP, 40 (NE) v NP, 37 (Indy) v DA, 40 (Houst) v JA/NP, 14 (Tenn) v JA, 46 (GB) v JA, 6 (Minn) v JA, 20 (LAC) v JA, 34 (Balt) v NP/JA.
The Bills remaining games: NYJ, bye, Jacks, Miami, NYJ, Detroit, NE, Miami
Did this last week with Chicago. Couldn’t complain about getting 56 points, but in the end only gained 12 points after the Vikings destroyed the Lions....

AFL Club
Essendon
In terms of crazy this is right up there but i'm thinking of doing the unthinkable and cashing in Mahomes or possibly Gurley. Most likely Mahomes because there's a bunch of nicely priced QB's who are within maybe 5-10pts of him, who have also had their byes.

Tarik Cohen has not worked out like i had hoped and Rudolph ain't cutting it at TE....and i don't have any cows on my bench.
Going back to this madness. What order would you have the following? I can grab Kamara/Zeke with either of these but obviously the extra cash for later won't hurt.

Roethlisberger $15M (did not practice)
1541589478981.png

Rodgers $15.4M
1541589517399.png

Brees $13.9M
1541589537821.png

Fitzpatrick $13.1M (JS?)

1541589635239.png

Wilson $14M (ceiling?)

1541589731133.png

AFL Club
Essendon
Actually scrap that idea, I have an extra RB so will just move him on. How did that happen o_O

Trade plans
Out: Cohen, Rudolph
In: Breida, Ertz

Leaves me with 1.1M + 8 trades and the following team:
Mahomes, Brady (Rosen)
Gurley, Gordon, Connor, Barley (Breida, Freeman)
Brown, Hopkins, OBJ, Jones, Thomas, Allen (Edelman, Coutee)
Gronk, Ertz (Butler)
Maher (Carlson)
Minnesota (Oakland)

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Actually scrap that idea, I have an extra RB so will just move him on. How did that happen o_O

Trade plans
Out: Cohen, Rudolph
In: Breida, Ertz

Leaves me with 1.1M + 8 trades and the following team:
Mahomes, Brady (Rosen)
Gurley, Gordon, Connor, Barley (Breida, Freeman)
Brown, Hopkins, OBJ, Jones, Thomas, Allen (Edelman, Coutee)
Gronk, Ertz (Butler)
Maher (Carlson)
Minnesota (Oakland)
Do you plan to trade Gronk at some stage? He just isn't the usual Gronk this year,

AFL Club
Essendon
Do you plan to trade Gronk at some stage? He just isn't the usual Gronk this year,
Yep next week I think. Otherwise I’ll bring another TE in as cover to replace my donut.

I can’t remember who was saying it in the preseason but Gronk missing games really is a certainty, isn’t it!

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If anyone has the combination of Crosby and Maher in Kickers an option to free up approximately 3,500,000 is M Badgley. He's from the Los Angeles Chargers has played 2 games and scored 16 in each and is priced at 2,300,000.

Via Rotoworld:
Chargers promoted K Mike Badgley from the practice squad.
It's unclear why the Chargers went away from Badgley in the first place. Caleb Sturgis has been bad all year, and he almost cost the Bolts dearly in his Sunday return, missing a field goal and two extra points. Badgley is 10-of-10 so far this season, including 3-of-3 on field goals. The UDFA could be the Chargers' kicker of the future.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Oh FFS. Every time I plan to trade in a Saint (Thomas in this case) something puts the brakes on it...

Dez might get that ring!
I wouldn't worry too much about Dez' impact on Thomas.
First, there is their individual records.
Dez' record is good, maybe very good, but not outstanding: 2017 - 69 catches/133 targets; 2016 - 50/97; 2015 - 31/74; 2014 - 88/138; 2013 - 96/160; etc etc.
Thomas' has improved every year and even as a rookie had better raw stat.s than Dez: 2018 - 70/79; 2017 - 104/149; 2016 - 92/122.
Second, Dez hasn't played a game since 31 December last year and that with Dallas. How long will he take to get match-fit and, as @aps1 points out, learn the playbook?

Sure Dez will get some targets as WR2 but I see him more as an insurance/back-up in case Thomas gets injured.

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Locked in Out: H Texans, R Mostert, In: NY Jets, N Chubb which leaves 7 trades and 4,290,000 remaining for a Njoku to Ertz upgrade next week.

Who should I bench in my RB this week out of J Conner, S Barkley and E Elliot.

aps1

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Essendon
Locked in Out: H Texans, R Mostert, In: NY Jets, N Chubb which leaves 7 trades and 4,290,000 remaining for a Njoku to Ertz upgrade next week.

Who should I bench in my RB this week out of J Conner, S Barkley and E Elliot.
Zeke easily has the worst match-up vs Philly, so I would probably bench him. Connor pasted Baltimore last week so you have you have faith in him, and Barkley will see volume vs SF.

But full disclosure, I am probably benching Barkley out of Hunt, Gordon, Connor and Gurley.

AFL Club
Essendon
It's the age old question but how far is too far for the overall title? I'm currently 49th but 314 pts behind first so coming from a fair way back in a comp with not too many PODs.

AFL Club
North Melb.
It's the age old question but how far is too far for the overall title? I'm currently 49th but 314 pts behind first so coming from a fair way back in a comp with not too many PODs.
You can make that much up in the 8 weeks left. Those that have been riding all of Mahomes, Hunt, Hill and Kelce have to cover their byes. A fumble here and there, injuries to key players (eg. the Redskins O-Line duo) can change this quickly, a loss of form and blows outs late in the season (where teams run down the clock and abandon the passing game) can see large swings in scores in any given week. A couple of POD and the game changes quickly.

AFL Club
Essendon
You can make that much up in the 8 weeks left. Those that have been riding all of Mahomes, Hunt, Hill and Kelce have to cover their byes. A fumble here and there, injuries to key players (eg. the Redskins O-Line duo) can change this quickly, a loss of form and blows outs late in the season (where teams run down the clock and abandon the passing game) can see large swings in scores in any given week. A couple of POD and the game changes quickly.
Yeah i'm just trying to think where to find the best PODs and strangely, i keep going back to DST which seems to have massive swings, especially if you get to play the bills and/or you come from Chicago.

It also seems you can make up some points at WR, in particular at WR6 where teams seem to have the most variance/dud scores.

Fwiw, my plan is to trade Mahomes when he has his bye. I don't have Kelce but he seems the obvious choice for Gronk after getting Ertz this week.

AFL Club
Essendon
Wow Big Ben going beast mode. Probably won’t hit the ton but he’ll go close. Currently on 71 with just under a qtr to go.

Other scorers
McCaffrey 53
AB 36
Newton 27
Connor 27
Olsen 12