Now What? O***eason Work, Sport and Rec

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Now the season is done and dusted, what are we all doing?

Me, work, mountain bike riding, snowboarding if the borders open and camping.

What work, training and study fields are people employed within?

Probably look at SC for 2022 when preseason starts next year.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I keep forgetting about lockdown which is a bit sad and disrespectful. We've been lucky up here avoiding lengthy lockdowns.
One good thing is being classed as an essential worker means I can get out and about with work and not be subject to cabin fever many are.

AFL Club
Essendon
Gearing up for the return of cricket season here in VIC. I’ve played 2 full seasons in the last 10 years so was gearing up to have a good pre-season and go into the season as prepared as possible. Was having weekly indoor nets hits till about 6 weeks ago so just hitting the ball on a string for now.

Trying to get back into good shape, have started the couch to 5K running program and was also back in the gym for a month (before lockdown). Moving around and not being sedentary makes such a difference - I was doing like a 1000 steps a day last year during lockdown which is horrible. Trying to cover at least 10 km in walking distance most days.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep, trying to get into better shape for cricket season, hopefully we get one. Took me until July to shed an abductor injury from last season, but all good now. Luckily in vets no one expects any gazelle like running. Have managed to knock off about 13 kgs from where I finished last season without any exercise at all. Its like I have a whole new wardrobe. It's the first diet I've been on where I haven't felt hungry and have avoided all those pesky snacks that build on you in lockdown.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Again I'll be playing in the SCS NFL LEAGUES which starts in 17 days, I need my SuperCoach fix :)

Discussion - NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion | Page 444 | SuperCoach Scores

........If you would like to be part of our official NFL Leagues, please quote this post. Like last season, I'll send out the league codes for your leagues via PM. 16 teams means you will play against everybody in an 8 team league (x3). We will have at least one 14 team league.........

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Again I'll be playing in the SCS NFL LEAGUES which starts in 17 days, I need my SuperCoach fix :)

Discussion - NFL RDT Dream Team Discussion | Page 444 | SuperCoach Scores

........If you would like to be part of our official NFL Leagues, please quote this post. Like last season, I'll send out the league codes for your leagues via PM. 16 teams means you will play against everybody in an 8 team league (x3). We will have at least one 14 team league.........
Whilst we have yet to create a group code, this can easily be done quickly, to accomodate those wanting to test the waters in a new fantasy format without the added pressures a league entails. As I have mentioned on numerous occasions and newcomers over the past few seasons like myself, @Bermi , @Professor , @Ironhawk , etc can attest to, no or little knowledge of the sport or players is necessary and I feel it can actually be an added bonus.

Low player pool which usually only reaches the 1500 to 4000 range with what I gather is a significant portion that either do not see the season through, consistently forget to trade or do not realise which type of NFL fantasy format they are playing, enhances the ability to record a high rank.

A reduction of the magic number (on top of what is an already generous starting salary cap) could offer instant reward/satisfaction for newcomers tired of waiting months on end to go full premium or for the majority of their players to all fire in AFL SC.

Astute and knowledgeable coaches are always happy to help and when entering a foreign fantasy format, the most important and time consuming aspect is the pre season research which we already have covered for you with plenty of articles to read to help form selections with sufficient time before the season commences.

Hopefully get to see some new faces frequenting the NFL thread.

AFL Club
Sydney
Umm... so begins the best part of the SC season, planning for the next one :LOL:

Trying to get into NFL this year but struggling so much, time zone is putrid here in Perth and just can't get the care factor going.

Will be trying to get out and play a lot of golf over Summer as well.