Discussion NRL SuperCoach Discussion

AFL Club
Sydney
Smith (Holland*)
Fifita, JPap (Napa*, Tatola)
Arrow, Lane, IPap (Murray*, Capewell, Flegler)
Cherry-Evans (Keighran)
Morgan (Brown)
Bateman, Bird, CNK, Kahu (Garrick, Nikora, Ravalawa)
Tedesco (Moylan*)

$34,700 in the bank.

Using IPap as a donut for round 1 and POD thereafter.
The big question is who are you loopholing? If it were me I'd be going Smith VC into Fifita/Arrow C.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
The big question is who are you loopholing? If it were me I'd be going Smith VC into Fifita/Arrow C.
That's the plan. At least it's dry in Melbourne.

Any other thoughts on my side?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Smith (Holland*)
Fifita, JPap (Napa*, Tatola)
Arrow, Lane, IPap (Murray*, Capewell, Flegler)
Cherry-Evans (Keighran)
Morgan (Brown)
Bateman, Bird, CNK, Kahu (Garrick, Nikora, Ravalawa)
Tedesco (Moylan*)

$34,700 in the bank.

Using IPap as a donut for round 1 and POD thereafter.
Great premium selections and structure. Assume you're not bothering about Sivo and is your intention once IPap returns to select one of Napa/Capewell as a reserve or switch Capewell to CTW via B Nikora thus pushing Kahu to the bench and bringing Capewell on.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Great premium selections and structure. Assume you're not bothering about Sivo and is your intention once IPap returns to select one of Napa/Capewell as a reserve or switch Capewell to CTW via B Nikora thus pushing Kahu to the bench and bringing Capewell on.
Not at this stage. However, if Smith spits out a 40 then I could potentially restructure and get back in both Sivo and Garner whilst upgrading Capewell.

Capewell would return to CTW and either CNK or Kahu become bench option.

AFL Club
Sydney
@KLo30 I'd be wary of having Bird, CNK and Kahu as your scoring centres. One, maybe 2 of them together is ok, but all three scoring means you are banking on a lot of attacking points to be scored. Capewell has been a strong scorer when he starts and gets decent game time, so I'd be inclined to swap him with Nikora and Capewell moves onto field as he is a much safer option than Bird and Kahu in my opinion.

Up to you though.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Ok, so I've gone IPap to Kaufusi. However, if Cameron Smith pumps out a 100+ VC score, Murray will become IPap.

It's not too late to join. Definitely feasible to pick a team without Storm or Broncos players. We are up to 14 players in League 2. The code is in the thread title.

AFL Club
Sydney
Smith (vc) and Hughes for me tonight.

Hughes was a late in so a certainty to flop as one of my PODs
He’s actually a quality player, just been behind slater. I expect him to punch out some solid totals.

I’ve got Addo-Carr and McCullough tonight. I had a quick couple of changes to my squad earlier (did I forget to mention I’m an OCD sufferer during fantasy pre-seasons?) which meant that gutherson made way for Addo-Carr, Kahu out for a cheapie and Jake friend in for Radley. Watch me regret all 3! :D

AFL Club
Sydney
Woohoo! Wish I was watching haha
The centre for Brisbane, James Roberts, was really struggling and the storm were offloading well which opened up the opportunity for Hughes to run through a couple blokes.

Broncos have already subbed Roberts off and they have a utility playing centre so it could be a lot of attack down that same side Hughes scored. Addo-Carr also plays on that side so I hope that translates into points.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The centre for Brisbane, James Roberts, was really struggling and the storm were offloading well which opened up the opportunity for Hughes to run through a couple blokes.

Broncos have already subbed Roberts off and they have a utility playing centre so it could be a lot of attack down that same side Hughes scored. Addo-Carr also plays on that side so I hope that translates into points.
Fingers crossed he can snag another one in that case :D

It’s a shame Smith isn’t firing as well. Are you seeing anything to suggest he’s had a change in role/usage (no idea of terminology) or is the nature of the scoring volatile enough that a slow start doesn’t necessarily mean a bad score at full time?

AFL Club
Sydney
Fingers crossed he can snag another one in that case :D

It’s a shame Smith isn’t firing as well. Are you seeing anything to suggest he’s had a change in role/usage (no idea of terminology) or is the nature of the scoring volatile enough that a slow start doesn’t necessarily mean a bad score at full time?
The game has actually been the opposite of what we expect from a normal Bri/Mel matchup. Melbourne were all over the Broncos the first 15-20 minutes which meant the storm weren't doing a lot of tackling. When the Storm were attacking, the halves and edge forwards were doing most of the damage, so Smith wasn't able to get many points.

The game has started to even up a little now, so Smith should see a decent amount of tackling you would think. It's been a strange game though, the Broncos haven't looked likely apart from maybe 1-2 sets.

TLDR: It's an outlier game for Smith due to the nature of how this match has/is playing out.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
The game has actually been the opposite of what we expect from a normal Bri/Mel matchup. Melbourne were all over the Broncos the first 15-20 minutes which meant the storm weren't doing a lot of tackling. When the Storm were attacking, the halves and edge forwards were doing most of the damage, so Smith wasn't able to get many points.

The game has started to even up a little now, so Smith should see a decent amount of tackling you would think. It's been a strange game though, the Broncos haven't looked likely apart from maybe 1-2 sets.

TLDR: It's an outlier game for Smith due to the nature of how this match has/is playing out.
Looks like the broncos got back in it and Smith managed to put up a respectable score in the end. Not quite enough to lock in as skipper I don’t think but not a disaster either.

2/128 for me. Happy with that considering Hughes was a late in.

Anyone with Oates? Lol.

AFL Club
Sydney
2/83. McCullough and Addo-Carr not lighting it up, but solid enough for me to be content. Hoping that Ado-Carr goes well vs the weaker teams in the coming weeks.

Those who captained Smith would be feeling a bit aggrieved, but happy it wasn't as low as it was looking to be after the first half.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No players involved tonight but 4 in tomorrow's double header (M Moylan, A Fifita, C Murray and J Friend). Will be interesting to see how C Smith, T Pengai Jr and M Gillett perform this season as the trio featured in the majority of my early iterations.

Using previous seasons as a guide what would roughly be classified as a par score.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
No players involved tonight but 4 in tomorrow's double header (M Moylan, A Fifita, C Murray and J Friend). Will be interesting to see how C Smith, T Pengai Jr and M Gillett perform this season as the trio featured in the majority of my early iterations.

Using previous seasons as a guide what would roughly be classified as a par score.
Last year was my first season but I think par is normally about 1000? could be wrong tho, I don't remember it too well

Just Munster's 76 for me tonight. Been pretty busy of late, but back here in time for the start of NRL season and to perfect my AFLSC team before Thursday!

2/114 Gillett , Smith
I wish I picked Gillett! Who would have thought he would play 70 minutes at lock coming back from a broken neck!

Roberts left the field because he picked up an injury and will probably be out for a while now. Katoni Staggs who replaced him might actually be a decent pickup if the injury is for a few weeks or more