Discussion NRL SuperCoach Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Arrow over Papalii, though I do think Papalii is in for an improved season.

FRF in order: rookies Musgove, JTB and the Rudolf.

Let 2FR carry the work and downgrade Williams to Luia at 5/8th.

Use the cash to bring in perma Captain Haas via Kikau. Moving Carrigan to 2FR.

No need for a Nuff at CTW if Captaining Haas each week. Better to generate cash.
Thanks.

With Bateman missing the early rounds will this be beneficial in helping J Papalli arrest his historically slow starts?

The proposed moves leaves me short of grabbing Haas but I’m happy to go without as I don’t want to forego V Kikau or G Williams.

Regarding the Isaako news would you recommend for him to replace or join Ramien in the CTW.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Get rid of W Kenedy ASAP - Moyland and Dugan currently out inj but will be back and I don't expect him to last too long. Both returning players have a long inj history so if you want to take the risk he will get more games go for it
That's the spin of the wheel. Both made out of tissue paper and do you believe the time frames given by the club? For now he is in, though still accessing options.

AFL Club
Sydney
Get rid of W Kenedy ASAP - Moyland and Dugan currently out inj but will be back and I don't expect him to last too long. Both returning players have a long inj history so if you want to take the risk he will get more games go for it
This is true but there is not a lot of centre options really. Next best is Best :unsure: who will come back round 4. I have Watkins, Shiba, Kennedy and Williame. One of them has to go off I hope!

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Thanks.

With Bateman missing the early rounds will this be beneficial in helping J Papalli arrest his historically slow starts?

The proposed moves leaves me short of grabbing Haas but I’m happy to go without as I don’t want to forego V Kikau or G Williams.

Regarding the Isaako news would you recommend for him to replace or join Ramien in the CTW.
I replaced Ramien and Staggs for Isaako and Lomax, thereby upping Tino to Hess at 2FR. CTW is a lottery. Going cheap at the position to shore up the Front Rows should be a priority.

I've got Williams, however most UK halves have been spuds, so if it was between Williams and Haas, it's Haas by the length of the straight.

I read somewhere that Papalli is fitter and/or overcome a niggle. Perhaps on commentary at the Nines, through a close source. Not strong, however it stuck.

AFL Club
Richmond
10 hours to settle on my side. This is one of the more difficult years in recent time that I can remember for putting together a side.

Going to have to partway with a few guns and stack the side with mid rangers in order to avoid running a skeleton CTW. The cheapest options there are pretty poor in SC terms (and real life).

Upside of all this is that it’ll mean a wide range of variety across everyone’s team hopefully. Also more reward for those who take a punt on a couple of PODS and it works out for them in the early rounds.

AFL Club
Sydney
Hi all, decided to get myself a team together as a mate pressed me to play. Having not done the research others have done, I’ve slapped a team together based on round 1 teams.

Koroisau + B.Brailey
Haas, Fifita + Taunoa-Brown and Jolliffe
Taumalolo, Matterson and Fifita + L.Knight, Carrigan and Tupouniua
Moses + Walters
G.Williams + Luai
W.Blake, Fusitu'a, Doueihi and Tuala + Watkins, Kennedy and Wiliame
Tedesco + Papenhuyzen

Purposely went hard in the fullbacks as Pap will be a gun with no one taking fullback minutes from him, expect him to be priced out of a lot of people's teams by round 4-5. Knight and Carrigan have good roles to start the season off, but probably will have lessened roles when injured players are back.

Don't think I've ever gone into a season without a top tier hooker, but the two I've picked were too hard to ignore.

Walters pick is inspired by the fact the year that Addo-Carr and Mitch Moses came into the Tigers squad, they did a info day with the kids and were decent cheapies. Walters has visited my work, so therefore he's in (and the fact he has a friendly role).

Haas is a no-brainer, should play a lot of minutes in a SC friendly role. A.Fifita is a touch risky but hoping his class shows through and he can play a decent amount of minutes.

Feel like Moses will have a big start to the season vs the Bulldogs as he carved up early last season. With Matterson on one of the edges, I think they'll combine very well hence both being in my team.

Centres are my weakest position, but here's hoping Fusitu'a and Blake can deliver. Doueihi is highly dependant on the Tigers playing well, so he could be a bust, but I'm not taking this as seriously as AFL SC so I'm ok with a mistake here and there.

Good luck to all on here, hope your seasons start well!

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Final team:
1583999950542.png

Glaring omission is P Has but I'm hopeful the others selected can compensate for his omission as it was difficult to part with several to attempt to fit him in. Only W Blake in action tonight (J Stimson is but outside my 17) and looking forward to my 2nd season of NRL after thoroughly enjoying taking an interest in the sport last season.

AFL Club
Brisbane
What is the max number of trades allowed between each round? And, if you make none do they accumulate to the max 37 allowed over the tournament?

AFL Club
Carlton
What is the max number of trades allowed between each round? And, if you make none do they accumulate to the max 37 allowed over the tournament?
2 trades - more in the byes rounds - and yes good to save trades so they accumulate wherever possible ?

AFL Club
Brisbane
799 Haas and same 4 to count. Also have Fuimaono as a rookie on the bench.

I picked Latrell, and Fusitua for Marsters last minute.

Should I drop Latrell for Yeo, and Fusitua for Marsters before price rise?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How’s everyone going?

822 for me Haas (c)

Papenhuyzen, LLeilua, Lomax, Walters to go

Cheap centres have been duds, Moses failed, should have gone Cleary

Otherwise ok mostly?
963 with Papenhuyzen and Lomax to go.

No Haas as A Fifita was selected instead as well as choosing Fusitu’a over Watkins.

S Johnson, N Cleary, J Taumalolo (C), J Isaako, D Fifita, A Koroisau and K Ponga all scoring above 65.