Discussion NRL SuperCoach Discussion

AFL Club
Brisbane
Thoughts please.

I'm locking in SJ for DBrown

But am thinking of a couple of others.
I was thinking Grant to Cook, but...

Considering next game and points only, as I will then pick up Cook and the other player next round. Who scores more Rd12?

Lomax > Nofo (Warriors)
Lomax > Latrell (Dragons)

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thoughts please.

Considering next game and points only, as I will then pick up Cook and the other player next round. Who scores more Rd12?

Lomax > Nofo (Warriors)
Interesting trades. Brown is a handy player, with some nice games coming up, but SJ is on fire.

Surely that isn’t Lomax out?
Averaging 73 from his 9 games at centre.
Averaging 85 in his last 5.
Gets to 40 odd without doing anything.
If dragons score points (in better form) he nabs a bucket load of goal kicking points - he rarely misses.
And then there’s his form. First time he’s got an extended run at centre - he’s showing why he was nicknamed ‘The Gifted One’ through the juniors.

If your picking between Nofo and Latrell - Nofo is the play, but not at Lomax’s expense.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thoughts please.

Lomax > Nofo (Warriors)
Would you be able to post your side, to help us with recommendations?

AFL Club
Brisbane
Interesting trades. Brown is a handy player, with some nice games coming up, but SJ is on fire.

Surely that isn’t Lomax out?
Averaging 73 from his 9 games at centre.
Averaging 85 in his last 5.
Gets to 40 odd without doing anything.
If dragons score points (in better form) he nabs a bucket load of goal kicking points - he rarely misses.
And then there’s his form. First time he’s got an extended run at centre - he’s showing why he was nicknamed ‘The Gifted One’ through the juniors.

If your picking between Nofo and Latrell - Nofo is the play, but not at Lomax’s expense.
Thanks for the input... I was thinking of moving Lomax out till Rd16 - based on what I feel are better matchups.

Anyone is possible but SJ, Cook, Nofo, and Latrell for rds13/14 to me are musts.
But after TLT release Brett Morris has not been included with a transverse process fracture, so will prob shift him out for Nofo.

I'm looking at matchups for points, these next two rounds bringing in two players each, then Premo + nuff for two. So the four above are priorities, then Papa r14, Harris/McInnes rd15 etc. Only 15 trades left before trades.

The issue is I see is my bench players which also consist of a few injured NPR's are just not enough to trade player for player. So they can wait till round 14 on before being traded out. I also have ACrichton on the bench.

This weeks 17
CS9, Grant *
Haas, Carrigan, Rudolf*
Matto, Lolo, Yeo
Cleary
SJ, Luai*
Lomax, Nofo, Iku, SCrichton
Teddy, Ponga*

Other playing reserves
BSironen, Fui, Pearce, Funa, Fidow

If I move Pearce out ITB will be $65k
If I move DBrown out ITB will be $204k

_20200728_190517.JPG

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks for the input... I was thinking of moving Lomax out till Rd16 - based on what I feel are better matchups.

Anyone is possible but SJ, Cook, Nofo, and Latrell for rds13/14 to me are musts.
But after TLT release Brett Morris has not been included with a transverse process fracture, so will prob shift him out for Nofo.

I'm looking at matchups for points, these next two rounds bringing in two players each, then Premo + nuff for two. So the four above are priorities, then Papa r14, Harris/McInnes rd15 etc. Only 15 trades left before trades.

The issue is I see is my bench players which also consist of a few injured NPR's are just not enough to trade player for player. So they can wait till round 14 on before being traded out. I also have ACrichton on the bench.

This weeks 17
CS9, Grant *
Haas, Carrigan, Rudolf*
Matto, Lolo, Yeo
Cleary
SJ, Luai*
Teddy, Ponga*

Other playing reserves

View attachment 19234
I get the waste of trading down some of the lower players but the one that has to go for mine is fuimano, I'm in the same boat, whilst ever he is off the bench, which seems to be his sport hes a risk of 10mins for a 10, which messes up any loophole move or if you actually need an AE from a late withdrawal, which i may need if matto for example is ruled out on gameday, in fact I will have matto, smith, munster, best and ponga all playing Sunday with no player left to come in, so AE is a real possibility.

To nuff fui out just feels like a waste but at some point he has to go, I am so ticked off I traded him in and sick of looking at him in the team and I know if I dont rip the bandaid off i'll be looking at him for another 9 weeks.

Nofo this week is a great get, I'm happy to finally nab him, lomax is due a down game but its hard to ignore what hes scoring and I will hold him all the way at this stage, this leaves me with lomax, yeo, nofo, best, i was hoping to rest best this week vs storm but moving fui has to happen.

AFL Club
Gold Coast

This weeks 17
CS9, Grant *
Haas, Carrigan, Rudolf*
Matto, Lolo, Yeo
Cleary
SJ, Luai*
Teddy, Ponga*

Other playing reserves

View attachment 19234
Looking at matchups I wouldn’t be trading out DBrown or Lomax.

Dogs, sharks, dragons, storm, rabbits, warriors in the next 6 for brown. One hard game and one solid game next to 4 weaker defences.

I’d be trading Pearce for sure over Brown. I’d trade Luai over both. He’s gone over 65 just once this year, despite have 3 great matchups in the last 3.

Dragons do have no easier matchups in the next 3 but then have a golden run of cowboys broncos and titans. Plus like I said, he’s only a few points behind Nofo since playing at centre - and that includes some tough match ups.

AFL Club
Brisbane
I get the waste of trading down some of the lower players but the one that has to go for mine is fuimano, I'm in the same boat, whilst ever he is off the bench, which seems to be his sport hes a risk of 10mins for a 10, which messes up any loophole move or if you actually need an AE from a late withdrawal, which i may need if matto for example is ruled out on gameday, in fact I will have matto, smith, munster, best and ponga all playing Sunday with no player left to come in, so AE is a real possibility.

To nuff fui out just feels like a waste but at some point he has to go, I am so ticked off I traded him in and sick of looking at him in the team and I know if I dont rip the bandaid off i'll be looking at him for another 9 weeks.

Nofo this week is a great get, I'm happy to finally nab him, lomax is due a down game but its hard to ignore what hes scoring and I will hold him all the way at this stage, this leaves me with lomax, yeo, nofo, best, i was hoping to rest best this week vs storm but moving fui has to happen.
👍 Yes Fui has to go, but I have to get Nofo now, so it's Bmoz to Nofo, with an AE disaster a definite possibility.

Looking at matchups I wouldn’t be trading out DBrown or Lomax.

Dogs, sharks, dragons, storm, rabbits, warriors in the next 6 for brown. One hard game and one solid game next to 4 weaker defences.

I’d be trading Pearce for sure over Brown. I’d trade Luai over both. He’s gone over 65 just once this year, despite have 3 great matchups in the last 3.
This is the hardest decision for me. I think DBrown is brilliant. I want Pearce to go asap, he's been a thorn in my side since I traded in chasing the money many rounds ago. I'm happy with Luai's scores albeit 5/6 points behind Brown over last 3/5 RA's of 65/66.

At this stage I'm thinking Cook + Mitchell next round (playing Broncos) then moving out Pearce + Fui Rd 14 regardless of their value for Papa or Bateman type. Moving Pearce out now means I'm sweating on available cash. This means I have to move Luai/DBrown now. I don't want to but I'd prefer to have both Nofo + SJ. I get one chance. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and move DBrown on. Arghh! Or Luai.

OK, against better judgement, but what my gut is saying. It's either..

DBrown $549,500
BE 56
Proj SC. 62 (+$4.3k)
Dogs, Sharks, Dragons, Storm, Rabbits, Warriors, Panthers, Broncos, Tigers
$203k ITB after trade, or

Luai $466,300
BE 43
Proj SC. 70 (+$20.6k)
Manly, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks, Tigers Broncos, Eels, Cowboys, Dogs
$120k ITB after trade.

Which one goes this round?
Thanks

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Wonderful.

Paid $700,000 and traded L Leilua for 8 points over 3 rounds. Brought C McInnes in this week pushing V Kikau to my 4th 2RF. J Averillo now comes into the 17 and Kikau onfield.

I am very tempted to have some fun and bring in C Murray or J Trbojevic next week to replace Matto.
Rough. You’ve had some awful luck in both formats this season. Hopefully BBL SC will treat you better later in the year!

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rough. You’ve had some awful luck in both formats this season. Hopefully BBL SC will treat you better later in the year!
Add D Cook to the list as well.

A Koroisau to Cook last round.
D Cook= 94 from 2 matches
A Koroisau= 82 from 1

AFL Club
Sydney
Who else got shafted by injuries this week?

B.Best (ankle), Matterson (concussion), C.Smith (shoulder), H.Grant (knee) and Papenhuyzen (rested). Unfortunately 5 doesn't go into 2 so I will have to get quite creative with my trading this week to cover.

EDIT: Upon putting the injuries/reasons for being out, I realised I'm just a ribs, bicep and suspension away from completing the set!

Last edited:
AFL Club
Brisbane
Who else got shafted by injuries this week?

B.Best (ankle), Matterson (concussion), C.Smith (shoulder), H.Grant (knee) and Papenhuyzen (rested). Unfortunately 5 doesn't go into 2 so I will have to get quite creative with my trading this week to cover.

EDIT: Upon putting the injuries/reasons for being out, I realised I'm just a ribs, bicep and suspension away from completing the set!
CS9, Grant, and Matto for me.

R12 results
1196 (C) Tedesco

Fui my AE 12 😂🤣 - one more week. @Sideshow Bob

Trades for R13
OUTS : Grant, Lomax.. 🤔 De ja vu 😂
INS : Cook, Mitchell

VC - Teddy
C - Lolo

Next week - Fui and Pearce/Fidow gone.

AFL Club
Sydney
CS9, Grant, and Matto for me.

R12 results
1196 (C) Tedesco

Fui my AE 12 😂🤣 - one more week. @Sideshow Bob

Trades for R13
OUTS : Grant, Lomax.. 🤔 De ja vu 😂
INS : Cook, Mitchell

VC - Teddy
C - Lolo

Next week - Fui and Pearce/Fidow gone.
Oh no that bloody fui! it was a hard trade last week but its done, I highly recommend it!
Last week 1256 C Teddy, moved up 200 odd to 1802

Wow what a TLT, im down CS9, Grant, Matto and Best but due to my greed of trading for points I've lucked into Shibaskai coming back which helps.

Before today I was planning on holding CS9 and clearing out those who have to go, williams for walker and going Lucy to Bateman to try and get in early, he looked as awesome as ever and being fresh now and a point to prove I think I have to have him. Now I need a hooker, heart says Jazz head says mcinnes. both of which I can flick to 2RF when cook or smith drop some cash. I love Jazz but I am wary of his minutes, I was expecting 60+ by now, but gee those offloads :), but with McInnes now moving back to hooker for the dragons I cant pass that up, him at 80 mins at hooker is what you want to see.

I still have Lucy and Tapau to move on so they can go to Jazz next week if I want to.

So disapointed about Best, I'd has him since Rd 1, I new he was a gun and felt him a potential keeper, alot of people got off him a few weeks ago which was working nicely. I think the replacement for him is Mann a guy playing hooker you can put in CTW is unheard of, just need to wait a week to see how it all plays out I think so I'll just run with shiba or hammer and accept its going to probably be poor.

Now matto, what to do, 4 weeks for 8 pts :(, couple of years ago he missed 6 weeks for concussion, if there is no usable news do we sell him, cordner been out 3 weeks now with concussion. When matto plays next week he'll loose cash, but have so many people got off him that hes a bit more poddish while they wait for him to drop?

With duals I can move best out for Bateman and hold matto who next week plays Friday so we will know before the round starts if he's playing, hmm

so at the moment its

smith / grant to mcinnes
best to bateman

reluctantly have to play lucy, williams and shiba

edit VC Teddy and maybe C munster, with no smith and papi its up to him, and goal kicking, just dont like captaining against my dogs.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Add D Cook to the list as well.

A Koroisau to Cook last round.
D Cook= 94 from 2 matches
A Koroisau= 82 from 1
Do you think this will change or Cook get back to what he's been? Koroisau has no scores over 100.
Im thinking Koroisau and Bateman over
Cook and Mitchell

AFL Club
Brisbane
Oh no that bloody fui! it was a hard trade last week but its done, I highly recommend it!
Last week 1256 C Teddy, moved up 200 odd to 1802

Wow what a TLT, im down CS9, Grant, Matto and Best but due to my greed of trading for points I've lucked into Shibaskai coming back which helps.

Before today I was planning on holding CS9 and clearing out those who have to go, williams for walker and going Lucy to Bateman to try and get in early, he looked as awesome as ever and being fresh now and a point to prove I think I have to have him. Now I need a hooker, heart says Jazz head says mcinnes. both of which I can flick to 2RF when cook or smith drop some cash. I love Jazz but I am wary of his minutes, I was expecting 60+ by now, but gee those offloads :), but with McInnes now moving back to hooker for the dragons I cant pass that up, him at 80 mins at hooker is what you want to see.

I still have Lucy and Tapau to move on so they can go to Jazz next week if I want to.

So disapointed about Best, I'd has him since Rd 1, I new he was a gun and felt him a potential keeper, alot of people got off him a few weeks ago which was working nicely. I think the replacement for him is Mann a guy playing hooker you can put in CTW is unheard of, just need to wait a week to see how it all plays out I think so I'll just run with shiba or hammer and accept its going to probably be poor.

Now matto, what to do, 4 weeks for 8 pts :(, couple of years ago he missed 6 weeks for concussion, if there is no usable news do we sell him, cordner been out 3 weeks now with concussion. When matto plays next week he'll loose cash, but have so many people got off him that hes a bit more poddish while they wait for him to drop?

With duals I can move best out for Bateman and hold matto who next week plays Friday so we will know before the round starts if he's playing, hmm

so at the moment its

smith / grant to mcinnes
best to bateman

reluctantly have to play lucy, williams and shiba

edit VC Teddy and maybe C munster, with no smith and papi its up to him, and goal kicking, just dont like captaining against my dogs.
McInnes hasn't done so well recently. Is he a better option than Koroisau?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Out: S Drinkwater and R Matterson
In: J Trbojevic and K Ponga

Unfortunately the Matterson trade didn’t turn out as planned and I can finally grab Ponga as well as hopefully relegating Kikau to the bench by selecting 1 of my favourites from last season.

Aubusson on to replace Best, Ponga in the 17 with Grant missing and Jurbo replaces Averillo in the 17.