Discussion NRL SuperCoach Discussion

AFL Club
Brisbane
1357 (Teddy)
I VCd DCE but still have Fidow in team so decided to stay with Teddy. Ended about 15points up than if I looped.

Trade ins were Pearce > DCE, BSmith > DFifita - I was very happy with these choices.

A Brimson was the low with a couple in the 40's, other than that fairly happy.

I have 1 trade left.
Am thinking moving Yeo out, to one of the following 2RFs... (will be included in 17)
Talakai
Tino, or
Kikau

I think these guys are the most hungry forwards in the game at the moment. I'm leaning towards Kikau, but Tino runs straight off Smith.

Other possible 2RF perhaps??
Just sitting on the 3k

What are your thoughts?

AFL Club
Sydney
1357 (Teddy)
I VCd DCE but still have Fidow in team so decided to stay with Teddy. Ended about 15points up than if I looped.

Trade ins were Pearce > DCE, BSmith > DFifita - I was very happy with these choices.

A Brimson was the low with a couple in the 40's, other than that fairly happy.

I have 1 trade left.
Am thinking moving Yeo out, to one of the following 2RFs... (will be included in 17)
Talakai
Tino, or
Kikau

I think these guys are the most hungry forwards in the game at the moment. I'm leaning towards Kikau, but Tino runs straight off Smith.

Other possible 2RF perhaps??
Just sitting on the 3k

What are your thoughts?
Ah you got DCE nice! Sorry i talked down Tino i just waiting for him to be benched but he just keeps killing it! At this stage I'd def get Talakai if I new he would start Rd20 (he should but surely Graham slots back in) but that doubt and up against the Roosters is a bit of a turn off.
I still can see some major resting this week or next Cleary / Teddy etc so I'd be a little wary using up the last trade, be a shame to have a $800k player sitting on your bench last round, for whats its worth I'll keep Yeo and play him hes just had a week off and I'll take the solid 60mins

AFL Club
Sydney
1322 for me, up 189 spots to 562 :), didn't trade last week leaves me 3,
C was Teddy, Api let me down and playing lomax over Gwilliams cost me badly but to be fair it was never really something I was considering, if anyone it would have been Papa which is pretty insignificant.

CS9,Api
Haas, Carro, Papa, Kerr
Bateman, Matto, Mcinnes, Jazz, Fermor, nuff
Cleary, DCE
Munster, Gwilliams
Nofo, Mansour, To'o, Yeo, Lomax, Williame, nuff
Teddy, Ponga

Pre TLT thoughts are Api needs to go, would like to also move Papa on as his minutes will stay low while they are winning but probably not worth it as I dont have to duals to do anything but another FRF with him so maybe just Kerr. Maybe risk Lolo if back or Angus, nuff the other to leave some case for last trade.

Will keep Lomax, whilst he was woeful thats hopefully his shocker out of the way, had always planned to get Sivo for the broncos game but I just cant trust him or the Eels at the moment.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Ah you got DCE nice! Sorry i talked down Tino i just waiting for him to be benched but he just keeps killing it! At this stage I'd def get Talakai if I new he would start Rd20 (he should but surely Graham slots back in) but that doubt and up against the Roosters is a bit of a turn off.
I still can see some major resting this week or next Cleary / Teddy etc so I'd be a little wary using up the last trade, be a shame to have a $800k player sitting on your bench last round, for whats its worth I'll keep Yeo and play him hes just had a week off and I'll take the solid 60mins
Good call. Teddy out this round.
I'm going to save my last trade for next week.

Heres my 17 for Rd 19

CS9, McInnes*
Papa, Carrigan
Matto, Bateman, DFifita
DCE (VC), Cleary*
Munster, ABrimson*
Nofo, Mansour, BMoz, SCrichton, Funa*
Ponga (C)

I'm leaving Yeo out of the 17, Haas also out. I like the way Funa has been playing, and I think he and AJ have higher ceilings than Yeo.

AFL Club
Sydney
Good call. Teddy out this round.
I'm going to save my last trade for next week.

Heres my 17 for Rd 19

CS9, McInnes*
Papa, Carrigan
Matto, Bateman, DFifita
DCE (VC), Cleary*
Munster, ABrimson*
Nofo, Mansour, BMoz, SCrichton, Funa*
Ponga (C)

I'm leaving Yeo out of the 17, Haas also out. I like the way Funa has been playing, and I think he and AJ have higher ceilings than Yeo.
Solid stuff, not a good TLT that one! Api, Haas, Teddy. With the worries of Papa's minutes on top of that but I think I have to play him too and hope the Warriors stay in the contest to get him that second stint, I don't want to waste trades on FRF, outside of Haas it's pretty poor and without duals I can't go get an Angus etc.

Now thinking all sorts of crazy things, Teddy to Turbo or yeah Brimson, it worries me not owning him, sams as not owning any Bunnies V dogs but with probably a full strength Roosters next week is it worth a trade in, maybe Api to Cook as I should have done weeks ago.

I still think I am down to api & kerr to gun & nuff, play Papa and hold Haas, not sure how he can leave the bubble and play next week but they let Joey Leilua, Cornder, Mann do it so it seems to be a compassionate gorunds case by case thing?

So whos the gun?

Cook - Probably the smartest bet, but means I've committed both my trades thrusday night, so if any funny business comes up, especially from the Panthers I could be stuck, Cook feels right, trading Thursday certainly doesn't.
Lolo - Has a knack of going big in return games from injury, they wouldn't risk him if he wasnt good to go
Angus - Surely they want to get minutes into him, to Taukeaho also says that but still they are stacked with alot of sharing needed to be done

Or I can go super risky api / teddy to gun / Turbo but I think that's probably not smart for my postion

I will still have a trade left for next week and think it less likely of any further surprise rests outside of maybe Cleary so maybe its time to roll the dice.

AFL Club
Brisbane
1078 (C) Ponga
Rank 3452 ☹️
Quite a sad round. Note to self - no need for a POD trade every round.

I forgot Turbo was back in, so Funa got pushed to the wing. I was hoping 60+ at full back. He got 11 at wing, I missed the start so missed swapping the R.

Nofo, BMoz, Papa, Bateman, Dfif either injured or never got any ball.

Anyway, all good. I have really enjoyed my first full year. Learnt so much. Another round to go and then bring on the finals.

AFL Club
Sydney
Been kicking stones for 2 days, Awful round of 1077 and did the dumbest trade of my season of teddy to turbo 2mins before kickoff, at least I didn't C him I guess as stuck with Ponga and Lomax rescued me late, I really should have consolidated my spot than take such a risk.

Dropped 143 spots to 705 which was surprising as I expected worse, lost pretty much all my h2h (gongrats to Untalented Guthos in our league who smashed me, good luck to both in the GF)

Still have 2 trades left, it was this luxury that trapped me a little into turbo, lesson learnt, if you gotta save trades to move a player back out "when" he gets injured maybe don't get the player in the first place ya dilbert!!

I guess I'll get Teddy back now the only issue with that is it means doing both trades by that game as turbo lost so much cash. It will depend on TLT today as I may be better served trading later in the round with lots of talk Cleary, Munster, CS9 resting and Hia doubts over Jazz and Gwilliams. If I wait until later Gutho looks a good trade but that means I don't hold any Roosters in Rd1 or Rd20 and that seems a crime and will be a very hard watch!

If someone is out I want them not in the 21, none of this 1h before kickoff stuff.

AFL Club
Sydney
geez I wanted people to be not listed but this is crippling, the storm and raiders have hammered me.

OUT : CS9, Papa, Bateman, Munster, GWilliams and Turbo!

With 2 trades left as it stands I will have 17 total but that's including Jazz with Hia doubt and 5 Panthers who I recon pull a late out or 2 so I'd be surprised.

One trade I guess has to be Teddy back in, the other I can have any player. I have no 5/8 at the moment but with AE that doesn't matter but with a potential surprise of Burbo and Williame that could catch me out so maybe bring in Brimson but I'd probably prefer a 2RF for base reliability, with Kerr as one of my 17 my AE is going to be pretty poor anyway I guess.

So ticked off Souths and Eels arn't resting players, someone like sivo will go huge on a weekend when people have no choice but to play him, I can just see it.

VC Teddy C DCE (as he is probably the only player I could assume plays 80 if fit)

AFL Club
Brisbane
geez I wanted people to be not listed but this is crippling, the storm and raiders have hammered me.

OUT : CS9, Papa, Bateman, Munster, GWilliams and Turbo!

With 2 trades left as it stands I will have 17 total but that's including Jazz with Hia doubt and 5 Panthers who I recon pull a late out or 2 so I'd be surprised.

One trade I guess has to be Teddy back in, the other I can have any player. I have no 5/8 at the moment but with AE that doesn't matter but with a potential surprise of Burbo and Williame that could catch me out so maybe bring in Brimson but I'd probably prefer a 2RF for base reliability, with Kerr as one of my 17 my AE is going to be pretty poor anyway I guess.

So ticked off Souths and Eels arn't resting players, someone like sivo will go huge on a weekend when people have no choice but to play him, I can just see it.

VC Teddy C DCE (as he is probably the only player I could assume plays 80 if fit)
Talk about carnage!

At this stage I've got 19 including
Musgrove, Funa, HTF, Wiliame
I've got one trade left and am looking at either Grant, Paseka, Talakai, but can do whomever. Leaning towards Paseka

RD 20 at this stage will probably be:
Bateman > Paseka

McInnes
Haas, Paseka, Musgrove*
Matto, Carrigan, BSironen, Yeo*
DCE (C), Cleary*
A Brimson
Nofo, Mansour, BMoz, Funa
Ponga (VC), Teddy*

I mentioned early Funa does OK at Full, and forgot a Turbo was coming last week. But as it happens, Funa will play full back this week and I'm sure he'll grab 60+

Any thoughts on Paseka/Talakai choice?

Last edited:
AFL Club
GWS Giants
So what’s the deal? Today I was listening to the ABC radio and they had a sports journo on giving a preview to this weeks round and he suddenly goes in to the carnage and players being rested and how his brothers NRL SC team which is 4th overall and in contention for the $50k has been affected.Are friends and family of players, officials and media with inside knowledge eligible for these cash prizes if they win?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So what’s the deal? Today I was listening to the ABC radio and they had a sports journo on giving a preview to this weeks round and he suddenly goes in to the carnage and players being rested and how his brothers NRL SC team which is 4th overall and in contention for the $50k has been affected.Are friends and family of players, officials and media with inside knowledge eligible for these cash prizes if they win?
Eligibility to win a prize
1.3. The following entrants are welcome to enter, but aren’t eligible to win any prizes for their participation in SuperCoach NRL:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to Nationwide News or any of its related companies, game sponsors or any of the associated agencies involved with this competition,
(ii) Members of the immediate family of such employees and contractors, and
(iii) Participants who are not an Australian residents for the duration of the NRL Season.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Eligibility to win a prize
1.3. The following entrants are welcome to enter, but aren’t eligible to win any prizes for their participation in SuperCoach NRL:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to Nationwide News or any of its related companies, game sponsors or any of the associated agencies involved with this competition,
(ii) Members of the immediate family of such employees and contractors, and
(iii) Participants who are not an Australian residents for the duration of the NRL Season.
Yeah that’s what I thought and wondered why he mentioned it several times and that he was a real shot at the $50k