Discussion NRL SuperCoach Discussion

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Yeah that’s what I thought and wondered why he mentioned it several times and that he was a real shot at the $50k
There is a difference between being the number 1 team and winning the overall prize.

Rowsus could be number 1, yet ineligible to win the $50K due to living overseas. Impromptu could write articles for the HeraldSun and IDIG win and thus ineligible.

What information would you imagine that you could get that would change your position to number 1?

We have some high positions this year, so I'm interested in their opinions on whether it was information, choices or luck which played a part in ultimately not taking out the ultimate prize.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
There is a difference between being the number 1 team and winning the overall prize.

Rowsus could be number 1, yet ineligible to win the $50K due to living overseas. Impromptu could write articles for the HeraldSun and IDIG win and thus ineligible.

What information would you imagine that you could get that would change your position to number 1?

We have some high positions this year, so I'm interested in their opinions on whether it was information, choices or luck which played a part in ultimately not taking out the ultimate prize.
Not sure what you mean. What I'm saying is that the guy ranked #4 overall this week is a direct family member of a sports journo connected with the NRL it seems. The Journo mentioned that his brother was a real shot at the $50k and like everyone was being disadvantaged because of the general soreness and resting of players going into the final round. This is the same for everyone right so is a moot point. Where it may be unfair is that he may have a direct link to his brother who due to his work may be privvy to information that isn't widely available throughout the course of the season, not just this round.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Not sure what you mean. What I'm saying is that the guy ranked #4 overall this week is a direct family member of a sports journo connected with the NRL it seems. The Journo mentioned that his brother was a real shot at the $50k and like everyone was being disadvantaged because of the general soreness and resting of players going into the final round. This is the same for everyone right so is a moot point. Where it may be unfair is that he may have a direct link to his brother who due to his work may be privvy to information that isn't widely available throughout the course of the season, not just this round.
You've given me speculation. We all get speculation through media reports. I wanted to know whether there was inside information, such as Cook is carry a knee injury for the year which will require surgery in the off season. Even knowing this (if true) would that give anyone that much of an advantage that they could be top 10 leading into the last round.

Many of us spend a lot of time on our teams, what inside information would we require to go from competitive to prize contention?

I got good inside information last season on Heeney's ankle, so I traded him out. Only for him to put up big 100s in the next two weeks. Screwed my season by a fair way. Not all information is good.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
1163 C Cleary, brought Teddy back in and got Brimson.

Surprised I made up 41 spots to end on 664th, really pleased with that as top 1000 was the goal. Thought I messed it up with the Turbo trade last week.

Cheers to all for the chats, short break then I'm getting ready for BBL again!

AFL Club
Brisbane
1163 C Cleary, brought Teddy back in and got Brimson.

Surprised I made up 41 spots to end on 664th, really pleased with that as top 1000 was the goal. Thought I messed it up with the Turbo trade last week.

Cheers to all for the chats, short break then I'm getting ready for BBL again!
Score: 1006
Overall Rank: 18674

Final team:
View attachment 22008

Thanks to all for the assistance throughout the season and congrats to those that managed a high rank or their best performance in this format.
👍 Great results

_20200928_181716.JPG
Captained Cleary
Best I got to was 1800 but happy with end result. First full year and have learnt a lot.
Thank you all for the help.

Racing and BBL to come... Woohoo!

AFL Club
Sydney
Just a brief interlude to my teams Mad Monday for a little season review, It will be quite boring but its for my benefit to look back on more than anything :)

My goal was finish top 1000, 664 is a brilliant result for me in my first full year, last year was a learning year as I missed round 1 finishing 27K overall.

I've tracked my progress to the leaders all year and it shows what I already knew started too slowly and Rd5 was the defining point. After rd5 I was 667 pts out of the top 10 by rd 20 its 665 pts, so I held my ground. Rd1 was very poor (1007) but Rd5 is the turning point an a lesson learnt.

This was the round that everyone was getting Best and Grant. I already owned both, started with Best and got Grant the week before so I felt really ahead of the game. I traded Cleary out Rd3 for the cash of the 5 trade round but promised myself I will only do that if I get him back rd5.

By the time Rd 5 came around Teddy was the clear buy, but sticking to my promise I got Cleary, I really struggled to make that trade so to double down then made him C for 39pts, Teddy then posted 199pts and would have been my C. My gut said get Teddy in but I made myself stick to a promise and was absolutely kicking myself, far more so than the Rd19 trade of Teddy to Turbo despite the result.

This however probably then inspired my best move of the year at Rd 8 when I got Gutho in, this was a week earlier than most and meant I got his 166 vs cows, it was a huge swing and allowed me to go ponga to Teddy the following week, then Gutho to Ponga 2 weeks after than, lots of points, lots of cash.

In Hindsight made some regretted trade ins of Drinkwater, Fuimano, Papalli and getting Api back late, I held injured Matto, CS9 and Munster too long and Turbo back in was a cocky rush of blood to the head.

Kind of weird to consider how many re-trades I did this year, fullback was almost a swinging door so its a bit of a one off, I do think there may be a bit of a change to reserves, AE and trades next year no matter what as injury and especially HIA's are becoming more damaging to a SC team.

I was generally conservative this year, once it looked possible this was more about banking a top 1000 finish than anything else. Maybe next year my goal will be take a few more risks, maybe the goal is more about being in the top 100 at some point but not necessarily finishing there, to give myself a genuine shot.

Maybe I just need to close the spreadsheet off now lol

AFL Club
Sydney
Actually something a bit fun who have you held all season, who did you start with trade in/out and finish with, biggest regret / worst trade, first pick next year

Held all season
Carro
Kerr
G Williams
Lomax
Williame (lol)

Started and Finished but traded
Api
Haas
Cleary

Biggest Regret
Trading out Luai over G williams Rd 5

First Pick
Teddy

AFL Club
Brisbane
Actually something a bit fun who have you held all season, who did you start with trade in/out and finish with, biggest regret / worst trade, first pick next year

Held all season
Carro
Kerr
G Williams
Lomax
Williame (lol)

Api
Haas
Cleary

Biggest Regret

First Pick
Teddy
Held all season
Cleary
Haas
Carrigan
Musgrove lol
Wiliame lol

Started and finished but traded
D Fifita traded out Rd 3 traded in Rd 18

Biggest Regrets
Starting with Latrell - my rookie year
Trading Lomax out Rd 13 - could never get him back
Trading Pearce in

First Pick/s
Lolo, Haas, & Cleary - I put together my team around these three, and if Lolo was never injured he would have stayed as well.

AFL Club
Sydney
Held all season
Cleary
Haas
Carrigan
Musgrove lol
Wiliame lol

Started and finished but traded
D Fifita traded out Rd 3 traded in Rd 18

Biggest Regrets
Starting with Latrell - my rookie year
Trading Lomax out Rd 13 - could never get him back
Trading Pearce in

First Pick/s
Lolo, Haas, & Cleary - I put together my team around these three, and if Lolo was never injured he would have stayed as well.
Haas a definite must, Based on just how good Luai has become maybe Cleary isn't so dominant and regresses a little like Moses this year and back to how he was with Maloney? Next year will be very interesting for hooker and especially fullback. Teddy, Turbo, ponga, Papi, and Brimson all genuine guns now.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Held all season
Carro
Kerr
G Williams
Lomax
Williame (lol)

Api
Haas
Cleary

Biggest Regret