Discussion Winter Olympics 2022

AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone know of an app / Twitter page / website that just has a list of Aussie gold medal events? Would also love push notifications.

AFL Club
North Melb.
That's a real shame. But in tennis, Olympic medals are cool but Wimbledon titles are forever. Also she must have either missed the 2016 Olympics or also lost in the first round as she didn't lose any WTA rankings points.
Wasn’t aware you had to return an Olympic medal after a period of time. There is a Wimbledon every year (2020 exception noted)…

AFL Club
Carlton
That's a real shame. But in tennis, Olympic medals are cool but Wimbledon titles are forever. Also she must have either missed the 2016 Olympics or also lost in the first round as she didn't lose any WTA rankings points.
I think this has been less true over time - I seem to recall reading that almost all the top seeded players were attending the 2012 and 2016 Games at least. Obviously this one isn't representative.

I also believe the Olympic tournament isn't under ATP/WTA jurisdiction so carries no ranking points, but I could be wrong on that.