Discussion Winter Olympics 2022

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just caught up on the results of the 4×200 today, and saw the Aussie women beat the world record. Pity that two other teams did as well, and that they finished ahead of the Aussies. 3 teams beating a WR in one event wouldn't happen too often.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Outstanding result, she was noticeably disappointed the other day after 3rd in the K1 (unnecessarily, but still)

Good on her 😃
I think not achieving your life quest for the third time , you would think if it was ever going to happen.

Outstanding to bounce back , can't believe how composed and controlled her father remained throughout it all.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Well done Jess Fox.

Doesn't matter how good you are, finally breaking through after several previous disappointments must be the hardest thing to do.

As for dad Richard I don’t know how he does it. I feel the nerves and emotions of it all and she is a complete stranger. If I had a child in that circumstance I would be a complete mess.

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
Did the 4 x 200m woman's relay get a bit ahead of themselves? I didn’t see the race live but having watched the replay it seems to me the swimming order was exactly the opposite of what it should have been.

I thought they were the best of good things.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just caught up on the results of the 4×200 today, and saw the Aussie women beat the world record. Pity that two other teams did as well, and that they finished ahead of the Aussies. 3 teams beating a WR in one event wouldn't happen too often.
The most inexperienced swimmer went last🤔, You think you have your two best swimmers going first and last

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think I have seen enough replays of Arnie winning her gold medals, Geez we love glowing in our Gold Medal victories, Need start showing more live sport instead of replays after replays of the victory and the interview replays, at least I can go to 7plus and watch the whole games of the Boomers, Opals, Kookaburras, Hockeyroos, Matildas and the now eliminated Olyroos,

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking forward to the Track and Field, prefer it over the swimming

Beats me how you can have women Rugby 7’s, but not Netball in the Olympics

AFL Club
Hawthorn
When does the Olympics start ?

Well and truly over their coverage of the Australian Swimming Titles

**** me dead show some live coverage of other sports and countries athletes for **** sake
Only 3 days of swimming to go. The athletics starts tomorrow, so hopefully there is a little bit more variety in future nights.

Gymnastics is starting on Mate which is what I am watching.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Only 3 days of swimming to go. The athletics starts tomorrow, so hopefully there is a little bit more variety in future nights.

Gymnastics is starting on Mate which is what I am watching.
Just switched over myself , that's another thing , I wish when they advertised what is coming up , they could actually show the time it starts as well.

No doubt they will switch channels on it soon

3 more days , good lord I thought it finished tomorrow 😂

Wonder how many more replays of Chalmers , Titmus etc they can get in over 3 days

Think Bruce said we have 3 chances in the field events , so hopefully they don't forget to show the track events

AFL Club
North Melb.
When does the Olympics start ?

Well and truly over their coverage of the Australian Swimming Titles

**** me dead show some live coverage of other sports and countries athletes for **** sake
You‘re not suggesting there are too many swimming events are you? ;)

AFL Club
North Melb.
Swimming is popular and Australia do well at it so it is always going to dominate the coverage while it is on. Channel 7 would be heavily criticised if they didn’t do it.

We have 7mate and then the 7app where can pretty much watch anything that is currently on. Not sure we have too much to complain about.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Swimming is popular and Australia do well at it so it is always going to dominate the coverage while it is on. Channel 7 would be heavily criticised if they didn’t do it.ll

We have 7mate and then the 7app where can pretty much watch anything that is currently on. Not sure we have too much to complain about.
Watch more on my IPad 7plus, than on my TV channel 7 and 7 mate
Have watch some Mountain Biking, Archery, Boxing, Badminton, Table Tennis and Weightlifting, even some Handball

Rugby 7’s, BMX and Skateboard 👎

Last edited: