Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Richmond
I think there is too much uncertainty over Lynch, so option two if you think Dusty goes 110+ this season. I think Dunkley is much better pick than Lynch role uncertainty (Libba) not withstanding. Just gotta be confident Dusty has is mojo back and doesn't drop a 105 season avg on you.
Thanks mate

Manikato1

150 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Laird + Hanners + Joe Daniher
VS
Blakely + Oliver + 123k F5 rookie

Mmmm….Maybe look at it like this. Hanners and Blakely both have unanswered questions that we won't know the answer to till the season starts so they probably cancel each other out. Oliver would outscore Laird. A good F5 rookie would not score much less than Daniher (if he even gets on the ground) and will make a ton more cash that you can convert into an upgrade and more points down the road. So Bloverookie is the winner.

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Option 2 for me, is Daniher even going to be playing round 1?
Also, how is Oliver's training tracking after the double shoulder surgeries? both options are full of risk tbh.
Cheers

Definitely some risk attached to both. Happy enough with JKelly or Neale as an alternative to Oliver if that lessens the risk.

JD included on the assumption he is right to play R1 after an interrupted preseason. Will probably need at least one JLT game to be selected for R1 anyway.

Mmmm….Maybe look at it like this. Hanners and Blakely both have unanswered questions that we won't know the answer to till the season starts so they probably cancel each other out. Oliver would outscore Laird. A good F5 rookie would not score much less than Daniher (if he even gets on the ground) and will make a ton more cash that you can convert into an upgrade and more points down the road. So Bloverookie is the winner.
Thanks for that. Assuming JD is fit for R1, I guess the main query then is whether we get two startable fwd rookies

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now Wingard may be in line for more mid time

R Gray vs Wingard?
As soon as it is confirmed which one will play the most mid time, then I will tell you :)
Both have the Bye round, so that's not helpful.
I'm leaning to Wingard because he is $44,400 cheaper, so the pain will be less if I get it wrong!

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Now Wingard may be in line for more mid time

R Gray vs Wingard?
I have both for the time being but I’d go Gray. He has the better record and surely gets another stint as a mid at some point in the season. I’d only jump off if there was a strong indication that he wouldn’t play midfield. He was averaging 110 when in the mids early last season.

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Oliver (5th prem mid) + $124k F5 rookie
VS
Hanners M5 + TLynch (5th keeper fwd)

Cash on either side is pretty even

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Oliver & Rookie for mine mate. But you'd know I'm historically not a coach to start too many mid-pricers, if any.
That seems to be the less risky route. Guarantee at least one keeper. The midpricer route has more reward though!

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pick one. Lloyd vs Sicily vs C. Blakely
Pick one. Dunkley vs Wingard
Probably Blakely for mine. Lloyd is far too expensive to pick with confidence, and Sicily is quite unreliable (albeit I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone pick him). The newsflow on Blakely appears to be positive, if he plays mid and plays well in JLT he could be a good cheap keeper.

Wingard for me. The Dogs have too many mids and the Hawks don't have enough.

Last edited: