Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Collingwood
League matches are my aim
Regarding: Oliver & M.Crouch Vs Fyfe & Dusty
The odds are that you will be trading Fyfe out during the year, or he will miss a week or 2 here and there, or he will be scoring low in some games because he is carrying an injury. I would leave him out and the other 3 have their 'ifs' and we can't see the future. So any of them would be a good choice. Let the Bye Rds be one of the influences of the 3 that you choose.

AFL Club
Richmond
I’m a mad Richmond supporter. IMO dusty won’t score that, I’m not keen on him at all in SuperCoach as a player his a gun. Dusty/crouch 105 ave Fyfe/Oliver 115+. Cotchin had a 116 year when he won the Brownlow by default, never saw that again always around the 105 mark.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I regard both Fyfe and Dusty as locks. Just behind Danger as first picked. Both still only 27.
Interesting, I haven't even entertained the idea of Fyfe due to injury/suspension risk (he was running laps at training for some reason today) and Dusty's comment about not going all out during the H/A season has completely put me off him.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I understand that midpricers represent value but this year they are coming with a lot of risk. Last year was the year for midpricers
I like quite a few defensive mid pricers, but none up forward or in the midfield. There is an off chance I pick Billings but probably not.

AFL Club
Essendon
I like quite a few defensive mid pricers, but none up forward or in the midfield. There is an off chance I pick Billings but probably not.
I wouldn't be surprised if Billings averages close to 100 next year but there is 0 chance I pick him. Seen two years of people getting burned by him in some way due to his inconsistency. One friend traded him out before he started playing well in 2017, another friend traded him in the same year and he immediately had a 4 game slump before turning it around. I picked him last year and was burned straight away. Could average anywhere between 75-100 and that's just too risky with it more likely that he averages close to 80 imo. The guy is also a downhill skier and would be a jet at the pies or tigers but he isn't so he's not. I like Williams and Witherden down back.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting, I haven't even entertained the idea of Fyfe due to injury/suspension risk (he was running laps at training for some reason today) and Dusty's comment about not going all out during the H/A season has completely put me off him.
Very interesting, thanks for flagging. Do you recall when/where Dusty made that comment?

His 2017 H&A season was obviously a standout, but his finals series was even better, with two 150s.

His 2018 H&A season was much less impressive, but his finals series was actually worse, dragged down by a 45 in the prelim. It doesn't look like his TOG was unusually low in that game, but it was only the second time since early 2015 that he didn't get a clearance.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not a fan of Fyfe either and Dusty seems to be 'not going all out'. Interesting comment Dusty made, don't think the club would like that sort of comment?

AFL Club
Adelaide
the change in mindset of Dusty from "not going all out" minor round to going all out in finals would be pretty difficult imo. I don't think you can just flick a switch after 22 rounds.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not a fan of Fyfe either and Dusty seems to be 'not going all out'. Interesting comment Dusty made, don't think the club would like that sort of comment?
the change in mindset of Dusty from "not going all out" minor round to going all out in finals would be pretty difficult imo. I don't think you can just flick a switch after 22 rounds.
Its a management thing.

Very interesting, thanks for flagging. Do you recall when/where Dusty made that comment?

His 2017 H&A season was obviously a standout, but his finals series was even better, with two 150s.

His 2018 H&A season was much less impressive, but his finals series was actually worse, dragged down by a 45 in the prelim. It doesn't look like his TOG was unusually low in that game, but it was only the second time since early 2015 that he didn't get a clearance.
I interpreted it in my in words but this was the quote "Overall, though, Martin hasn’t been able to reach the same heights as last year. It bothered him at first, but he’s learnt that playing at peak level every week isn’t realistic."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/5f30ce1da410093202bbbaad2ab36c40

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Its a management thing.

I interpreted it in my in words but this was the quote "Overall, though, Martin hasn’t been able to reach the same heights as last year. It bothered him at first, but he’s learnt that playing at peak level every week isn’t realistic."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/5f30ce1da410093202bbbaad2ab36c40
Thanks for sharing.

Just for context for everyone, that quote you extracted is based on the author’s interpretation of what Martin was saying. The following is what Martin was quoted as saying:

“You spend your whole life trying to achieve your dreams, and then when it all kind of happens … it’s a strange feeling. It’s like, ‘S**t — what’s next?’

“I certainly struggled a bit early on in the year with that kind of thing and where I was in my life.”

“That’s the best thing — just being free, you know?” Martin said.

“I probably put a bit of pressure on myself to live up to last year and in reality I didn’t need to; I just need to keep doing my bit for the side. Once I figured that out, my footy’s probably got a bit better in the last month.

“I’m appreciating the journey [and] I’m in a really good place
.”

My understanding is that he just is saying that he struggled himself to live up to the highs of the season he had the previous year (not so much that he intended to not go as hard during the H/A season).

AFL Club
Collingwood
Its a management thing.

Ok. Your interpretation is the article's author's interpretation of what Dusty is saying. I see that it would be hard for any player to play at peak level each week due to carrying an injury, or not being mentally strong, which I interpret to be Dusty's case. To me, Dusty seems that he slightly lacks mentally toughness.
True champions give it all they got on match days and do the managing during the week.
I still don't trust Dusty to perform every week to his best ability, so he is not in the top half of my 'For Consideration' list.

AFL Club
Collingwood
……….“That’s the best thing — just being free, you know?” Martin said.

“I probably put a bit of pressure on myself to live up to last year and in reality I didn’t need to; I just need to keep doing my bit for the side. Once I figured that out, my footy’s probably got a bit better in the last month.………...
Dusty's quote "...…..I just need to keep doing my bit for the side......…"
Gee, if I was a Richmond fan, I would like him to do a bit more!

AFL Club
Fremantle

He was injured before the prelim and shouldn't have played. The media picked up on it but Richmond kept denying anything was wrong. I think it's easy with some of these premiums to remember all their good moments and forget that the game takes it's toll. Dusty will still have some massive games but injury and management now have to be considered as part of his scoring. Most of the comments I have read about picking Dusty suggest he should get back to about 108 and he is very durable but no one has suggested he will get to his 2017 scoring. 20-22 games at 108 would make him a solid pick but it also means he is not a must have. Given there are question marks on his role and wether he will be managed and the fact his best return won't make him a must have anyway, I can't see the need to pick him. If anyone is convinced he is still a 115+ player then I can understand the pick. I would rather take a chance on someone I think can get to 115.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Need your opinion community. Macrae/T Lynch or Dusty/Dunkley? Thanks
I think there is too much uncertainty over Lynch, so option two if you think Dusty goes 110+ this season. I think Dunkley is much better pick than Lynch role uncertainty (Libba) not withstanding. Just gotta be confident Dusty has is mojo back and doesn't drop a 105 season avg on you.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Llyod, Tom Williamson (D1,3) vs Blakely, Roberton (D2,3)
(Whitfield other premo) (premos to M6, F3, R2 Kruezer)