Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Played VFL as well for 3 rounds in 2017 - I was wondering whether he had an injury. Had a few tagging roles in 2017 as well - could get those again?
Could do - I don't follow the Dogs closely but from afar they don't seem to mind him in that type of role.

Could be way more SC relevant at another club if he could get back to full fitness.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
J Sicily + Z Merrett v J Short + J Kelly
I like Sicily and Zerrett for that one mate. not by much though. Decent bit of upside in both I reckon.

I quite like Kelly at his price but to be fair i haven't even looked at Short in much detail. Plenty of others around that price i prefer.

AFL Club
Richmond
J Sicily + Z Merrett v J Short + J Kelly
Sicily and Zerrett.

Short won't reach his ceiling while Houli is still around and Kelly beat up on the crap teams last year. GWS have a fairly difficult opening 6 weeks, he should be free of the injuries that hampered him last year but he'll be copping even more attention now that Sheil is gone.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Sicily and Zerrett.

Short won't reach his ceiling while Houli is still around and Kelly beat up on the crap teams last year. GWS have a fairly difficult opening 6 weeks, he should be free of the injuries that hampered him last year but he'll be copping even more attention now that Sheil is gone.
+1.

AFL Club
Essendon
Could do - I don't follow the Dogs closely but from afar they don't seem to mind him in that type of role.

Could be way more SC relevant at another club if he could get back to full fitness.
Fanfooty had him tagging Merrett, Shiel and Titch in the last 5 weeks, lay off my boys Libba :mad::mad:

AFL Club
Essendon
With Wingards preseason looking more and more interrupted I’m looking at Gray instead..but that means I probably can’t start Cripps, already have Kelly, Fyfe and Neale

Bont + Sicily + 120-160k mid rookie

Vs

Oliver + B Smith + Miles

Been reluctant to star Oliver because of his double shoulder reco but wouldn’t be surprised if he still averages 115 from the start, player much of last year with injured shoulders and still scored well. Still worth picking over Bont but by how much?

AFL Club
Essendon
With Wingards preseason looking more and more interrupted I’m looking at Gray instead..but that means I probably can’t start Cripps, already have Kelly, Fyfe and Neale

Vs

Oliver + B Smith + Miles

Been reluctant to star Oliver because of his double shoulder reco but wouldn’t be surprised if he still averages 115 from the start, player much of last year with injured shoulders and still scored well. Still worth picking over Bont but by how much?
If your first instinct was to not start Oliver then I would go with that. Nothing has changed to do otherwise.
I probably like the first one as I don’t like the Smith pick.

AFL Club
Essendon
I can go 4-5-2-3.

That being said I think 4-0-7 is viable with all the rookies we should get.
I reckon it’s either 3 in the back or the forward line but you need 5 in the middle. In a year with less overpriced players you’d usually want 6

AFL Club
Collingwood

Vs

Oliver + B Smith + Miles

You may have to monitor Gray?

Forwards Discussion

Gray managing knee soreness

AFL Club
Collingwood
D5 Rookie + Cripps + Longer vs
B.Smith + M5 rookie + Goldstein
I like Longer as an upgrade. Not too expensive. Solo ruckman, played many games injured and is currently injury free and he says the best he has been for a while. By having Longer, you can monitor the other doubtful ruckmen to see who to bring in later.
By the way, nothing wrong with Cripps and lots of potentially good Rookie Defs.

AFL Club
Adelaide
If your first instinct was to not start Oliver then I would go with that. Nothing has changed to do otherwise.
I probably like the first one as I don’t like the Smith pick.
What's your thoughts on mIlera aps1?

AFL Club
Essendon
What's your thoughts on mIlera aps1?
Milera is a tough one for me, haven’t seen a lot of him but has been impressive when I have watched the crows, especially the end of last year. There is the talk that he’s “been training with the mids”, but even without that I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes 90-95 based off the end of last year. He may have a 100 av in him, but I wouldn’t be confident in that (more based on my lack of knowledge about him/crows).
Not sure how Brodie impacts him or if he even does, and crows can hog all the sc pts when playing well.
My main issue, and it’s more a game theory issue, is if I’m choosing Milera (who I’m assuming is a POD) I would want closer to a 100 so that the reward is worth the risk. If he goes 90-95, then he likely matches Zwilliams and I am getting no reward for taking the risk (and also paying more). I can also pay a little bit more and go to the Witherden types who I rate. Of course, if you don’t rate the players priced around him, he may be an easy pick!

How do you think Milera will go? and should I be looking at him a bit closer?!

AFL Club
Adelaide
Milera is a tough one for me, haven’t seen a lot of him but has been impressive when I have watched the crows, especially the end of last year. There is the talk that he’s “been training with the mids”, but even without that I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes 90-95 based off the end of last year. He may have a 100 av in him, but I wouldn’t be confident in that (more based on my lack of knowledge about him/crows).
Not sure how Brodie impacts him or if he even does, and crows can hog all the sc pts when playing well.
My main issue, and it’s more a game theory issue, is if I’m choosing Milera (who I’m assuming is a POD) I would want closer to a 100 so that the reward is worth the risk. If he goes 90-95, then he likely matches Zwilliams and I am getting no reward for taking the risk (and also paying more). I can also pay a little bit more and go to the Witherden types who I rate. Of course, if you don’t rate the players priced around him, he may be an easy pick!

How do you think Milera will go? and should I be looking at him a bit closer?!
Like you, I liked the look of him late last year, his speed out of defence, and reports of some mid time likely. I pencilled him in for my team at the end of last year, along with Gresham and Lynch. I'm an Adelaide fan but know no more than anyone else, I just go by what I see and read. Thanks for your reply. (y)