Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

Choose 4 players from these groups (or someone else outside these options if you want)

Budget:2,020,000

One from:
SPS
Greene
Dunkley
Gray

Two from:
M.Crouch
Steele
Sloane
Macrae
Kelly
Oliver

One from:
Mills
Crisp
Williams

Thanks in advance.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Choose 4 players from these groups (or someone else outside these options if you want)

One from:
SPS
Greene
Dunkley
Gray

Two from:
M.Crouch
Steele
Sloane
Macrae
Kelly
Oliver

One from:
Mills
Crisp
Williams

Thanks in advance.
Greene, M Crouch, Oliver and Williams.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is Ridley's JS even more questionable than the likes of Clark , Duursma , Hore , McKay , Scrimshaw etc though ?

A lot of reading and they could all be placeholders for a Round or 2 until replaced by returning players.

I guess if selected , just need to cross our fingers that they play enough games to moo , then worry if there are going to be any worthwhile downgrade options.
Fair question. The difference here is that I'm aware of more specific concerns on Ridley (I think one poster indicated he was a high chance to be out very early, maybe even round 2 or 3) and his price. It is very possible you have read more widely than I have though :)

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn

One from:
SPS
Greene
Dunkley
Gray

Two from:
M.Crouch
Steele
Sloane
Macrae
Kelly
Oliver

One from:
Mills
Crisp
Williams

Thanks in advance.
Agree with BB.
Greene, M Crouch, Oliver & Williams.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair question. The difference here is that I'm aware of more specific concerns on Ridley (I think one poster indicated he was a high chance to be out very early, maybe even round 2 or 3) and his price. It is very possible you have read more widely than I have though :)
read a bit here and there , but who do you believe ?

we need some more transparency from clubs , surely SC is a high priority for them.

just the usual with Tuohy due back does Clark stay ? does Hore stay when May is back ? etc etc.

I actually think it would be a lot easier if some of these rookies weren't named Round 1, if they are going to vanish after 2-3 games , had enough of that last season with Murphy , Barry , Garlett and Langdon getting injured.

How much easier would it be if we didn't have to pick our sides until Round 3 ?

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

One from:
SPS
Greene
Dunkley
Gray

Two from:
M.Crouch
Steele
Sloane
Macrae
Kelly
Oliver

One from:
Mills
Crisp
Williams

Thanks in advance.
Greene
M.Crouch
Macrae
Williams

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sloane & Grundy
Vs
Macrae & Goldstein

Hurn vs Crisp vs Dunkley vs Mundy

Sloane vs Brayshaw
I’d pick Sloane and Grundy.

Then Hurn - haven’t considered him but talk seems to be that he’d benefit from the new rules

Sloane v Brayshaw is my dilemma too - i’m backing Sloane for the history.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Assuming all six are named round one;

Darcy Moore, B McKay & Hore v Collins, Scrimshaw & J Clark

So essentially, is Moore worth picking over Collins if it means I need to pick McKay and Hore who appear to have less scoring potential than Scrimshaw & Clark?

AFL Club
GWS Giants
with $2,220,000

pick 2 from
-macrae
-rockliff
-sheed
-steele
-oliver
-cripps

pick 1 from
-gawn
-grundy

pick 1 from
-heeney
-dunkley

thanks

AFL Club
St Kilda
with $2,220,000

pick 2 from
-macrae
-rockliff
-sheed
-steele
-oliver
-cripps

pick 1 from
-gawn
-grundy

pick 1 from
-heeney
-dunkley

thanks
I don't think it's possible to pick macrae, cripps or oliver in any combination with that budget restraint. So I guess Rockliff, Steele, Gawn, Heeney. I like Rocky, Gawn and Heeney but I wouldn't want to be backed into the Steele pick just through lack of funds. If you really like him, that's another matter.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Assuming all six are named round one;

Darcy Moore, B McKay & Hore v Collins, Scrimshaw & J Clark

So essentially, is Moore worth picking over Collins if it means I need to pick McKay and Hore who appear to have less scoring potential than Scrimshaw & Clark?
If all named, I like the second one. But I also have Darcy Moore and Hore and think they're both good picks. Might depend a bit on who's needed on field. I think Moore probably outscores Collins by at least 10 and that is probably close to being o***et by Scrimshaw over Hore. If you ever had to field McKay when you could have had Clark, I think that's when the second one gets ahead.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I don't think it's possible to pick macrae, cripps or oliver in any combination with that budget restraint. So I guess Rockliff, Steele, Gawn, Heeney. I like Rocky, Gawn and Heeney but I wouldn't want to be backed into the Steele pick just through lack of funds. If you really like him, that's another matter.
thanks for this, what are your thoughts on macrae, cripps and oliver? personally i think all 3 are flawed selections to some degree with cripps probably the most reliable for the price we're paying.

AFL Club
St Kilda
thanks for this, what are your thoughts on macrae, cripps and oliver? personally i think all 3 are flawed selections to some degree with cripps probably the most reliable for the price we're paying.
I don't think Macrae is a good starting pick. Even if he backs it up, it's unlikely to do too much damage unless the cheaper C options don't fire. And I think it's unlikely he manages to go at the same level as last year. Plus his game counts don't inspire confidence at that price. I think Oliver is a fine pick but probably fully-priced. It's not impossible he finds another level but it won't be that hard to jump on if he does, given his high starting price, and I'd rather see his scoring with Brayshaw, Viney and Jones all in there. I think Cripps is a good pick and the most likely to go to another level and hurt non-owners. His TOG was insane last year though and wouldn't be surprised if they treat him a bit more gently this year, so I also think there's a chance he drops back a bit. Hard to see his scoring fall off a cliff though. He's the only one of the three currently in my team, and have never seriously considered the other two.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
As a Saints man, what are your thoughts on Steele this season?

What is your predicted SC average for him this season?