Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems like the consensus is Danger, I'd actually put him in my draft shortly after positing to take a look, and it does look better, thanks :)

@Herbie66 my marginal player (in my squad) is the same in both cases given I had a D-M rookie. It obviously does change my onfield structure but if anything that may be better as well. I have:

Laird, Sicly, Doc, Roberton

Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Oliver

So Danger evens up my structure, which I like.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems like the consensus is Danger, I'd actually put him in my draft shortly after positing to take a look, and it does look better, thanks :)

@Herbie66 my marginal player (in my squad) is the same in both cases given I had a D-M rookie. It obviously does change my onfield structure but if anything that may be better as well. I have:

Laird, Sicly, Doc, Roberton

Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Oliver

So Danger evens up my structure, which I like.
That makes it a lot better way to understand things then.

Hoping to go 5 + Rowell , Anderson & Pickett myself but will depend on how viable Doedee , Roberton & Hill look Round 1.

Given your post about the forwards seriously thinking of starting Lynch as well as Steven & Smith.

Long , long time to decide though.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last edited:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
How about Oliver v Fyfe?
Fyfe is one of my SC favorites and I think he’s one of the very best players in the comp (as I said this time last year) but at his new high price and with ongoing durability issues, personally he’s not even in my top 5 mid options. He’s an upgrade target for me.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Fyfe is one of my SC favorites and I think he’s one of the very best players in the comp (as I said this time last year) but at his new high price and with ongoing durability issues, personally he’s not even in my top 5 mid options. He’s an upgrade target for me.
That's a tough choice. I'd expect Fyfe will probably have a slightly better average score but I don't think he has ever played all 22 games. I originally went for Fyfe but the more I think about it, I'm probably leaning more towards Oliver as the better pick.
It’s an interesting one. Last year I chose Oliver over Fyfe and regretted it due to Olivers slow start. This is obviously a new year and circumstances are different, but I’m still burned from recent experience ?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s an interesting one. Last year I chose Oliver over Fyfe and regretted it due to Olivers slow start. This is obviously a new year and circumstances are different, but I’m still burned from recent experience ?
I know the feeling, but I think you’re right about circumstances changing.

Last year Oliver was priced 1 point dearer than Fyfe, this year it has swung to 11 points the other way. Oliver still hasn’t missed a game, and has got one year closer to his likely peak age, while Fyfe has likely got one year further away.

For me it’s an easy one, but maybe someone has an alternate view.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think you are probably right, but having said that, I might try to find a way to fit them both in. I currently have Zerrett at M5 and maybe I’ll find a way to turn him into Oliver. What’s your thoughts on Zerrett v Oliver ?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think you are probably right, but having said that, I might try to find a way to fit them both in. I currently have Zerrett at M5 and maybe I’ll find a way to turn him into Oliver. What’s your thoughts on Zerrett v Oliver ?
Hehe - I’m pretty keen on Oliver, so he’d be first up for me.

Zerrett I have about 6th-8th or so (if I ordered my potential starting picks). He is durable, slightly discounted, and still young as well. I’m not convinced he’s as good a SC player as Oliver, and there was some discussion last year that Shiel’s arrival may have an impact on his scoring (which history might back up to date). I don’t think he’s a bad pick by any stretch, but he looks like a reliable option who could end up at M7, M8 etc, and I usually prefer to start those guys only if they are quite cheap, or if other structural factors suggest it. @pizza safety is a Dons fan and we discussed starting Zerrett in the Mids thread.