Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Collingwood
Ceglar vs Lions / Stef up at the Gabba, or Petracca vs Eagles over at Optus?

There are positives and negatives for both based on the scoring trends we've seen so far.

Ceglar - Pros:
  • He's a ruckman
  • He can kick a goal
  • He'll be serving Titch who can create HTA's all on his own wherever Cegs may tape the ball
  • Probably has a higher floor than Trac, with being a ruckman and all
Ceglar - Cons:
  • Not really proven as a #1 ruck
  • How will he fare in a live match in 30 degree plus temperatures? Match is at MCG (thanks Herbie66) so weather conditions aren't a factor.
  • Facing Stef / Big O and a stupidly strong Lions midfield
  • McEvoy is a potential buzz kill and might be needed against the Stef / Big O tandem
  • Brisbane could romp away with the game at the Gabba (not at the Gabba - thanks Herbie66) which will kill off most of the scaling bonanza for Hawks players
Pretracca - Pros
  • Playing full time midfield, resting forward(?)
  • Kicks goals which scaling seems to favour
  • On the end of Gawn's work which never hurts a midfielder's chances at CBA's / stoppages around the ground.
  • Capable of a massive game - ceiling probably higher than Cegs
Petracca - Cons
  • Not really proven as a midfielder - could this be another Dom Sheed circa 2019?
  • How will he fare in a live match in 30 degree plus temperatures?
  • Might end up with Hutchings on him if he looks like getting off the chain
  • Opposing ruckman is Nic Nat who could get on top of Gawn (or at least nullify him to some degree)
  • Eagles could romp away with the game at Optus, which would kill off most of the scaling bonanza for Melbourne players
If it feels like there's a bit of deja-vu there that's because there is - I see similar issues with both players this week.

Which way would people go if they had to choose between the two straight up?

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood

There are positives and negatives for both based on the scoring trends we've seen so far.

Ceglar - Pros:
  • He's a ruckman
  • He can kick a goal
  • He'll be serving Titch who can create HTA's all on his own wherever Cegs may tape the ball
Ceglar - Cons:
  • McEvoy is a potential buzz kill and might be needed against the Stef / Big O tandem
  • Brisbane could romp away with the game at the Gabba which will kill off most of the scaling bonanza for Hawks players
Pretracca - Pros
  • On the end of Gawn's work which never hurts a midfielder's chances at CBA's / stoppages around the ground.
Petracca - Cons
  • Not really proven as a midfielder - could this be another Dom Sheed circa 2019?
  • Opposing ruckman is Nic Nat who could get on top of Gawn (or at least nullify him to some degree)
  • Eagles could romp away with the game at Optus, which would kill off most of the scaling bonanza for Melbourne players
If it feels like there's a bit of deja-vu there that's because there is - I see similar issues with both players this week.

Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions is at the MCG

AFL Club
Fremantle

Ceglar - Pros:
  • He's a ruckman
  • He can kick a goal
Ceglar - Cons:
  • Brisbane could romp away with the game at the Gabba which will kill off most of the scaling bonanza for Hawks players
Pretracca - Pros
Petracca - Cons

Celgar

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Ceglar - Pros:
  • He's a ruckman
  • He can kick a goal
Ceglar - Cons:
Pretracca - Pros
Petracca - Cons

I have been on board the Ceglar band wagon since December. Petracca I only really considered after Marsh 1, I would expect his regular return to be closer to Marsh 2.

There's a good chance you only need the player you choose for this week, so I would be mostly looking at the two match ups. WC in Perth is one of the toughest possible draws for Petracca, Brisbane is not great for Ceglar but could be worse. I would favour Ceglar for this week.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been on board the Ceglar band wagon since December. Petracca I only really considered after Marsh 1, I would expect his regular return to be closer to Marsh 2.

There's a good chance you only need the player you choose for this week, so I would be mostly looking at the two match ups. WC in Perth is one of the toughest possible draws for Petracca, Brisbane is not great for Ceglar but could be worse. I would favour Ceglar for this week.
When was the Hawthorn game relocated ?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions is at the MCG
Oh that does change things a little ... more than a little. Thanks for the correction.

I wish the player profiles would mark away games like US fantasy sports do - how hard is it to throw in an '@' when someone is in a hurry and scanning through the player list... :(

AFL Club
Collingwood
Oh that does change things a little ... more than a little. I wish the player profiles would mark away games like US fantasy sports do - how hard is it to throw in an '@' when someone is in a hurry... :(
Sorry I had to spoil it for you , I did enjoy your summary about Ceglar & Petracca though 😀

good work 🤗

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry I had to spoil it for you , I did enjoy your summary about Ceglar & Petracca though 😀

good work 🤗
It's alright - between doing the morning dishes tidying up the house a little, sorting out the washing, trying to get a 2 year old to sit down and eat his lunch and games starting at 1pm today I'm kinda pressed for time here and not really paying attention... :oops:

AFL Club
Collingwood
It's alright - between doing the morning dishes tidying up the house a little, sorting out the washing, trying to get a 2 year old to sit down and eat his lunch and games starting at 1pm today I'm kinda pressed for time here and not really paying attention... :oops:
Just don't put the 2 year old in the dish washer or washing machine 😀