Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can I say @Ironhawk has been splendid in responding to a lot of X v Y posts here, much appreciated mate
Thank you. I can't say that I'm always right, made a few shocking calls so far, along with some good ones but thought I would try to respond to each one in this topic this year so people can get at least one other opinion.

I encourage others to respond too - I'm not exactly brilliant at SC, ranked in the 40K+ range as usual, so I'm sure there will be a lot of times it'd be best to listen to others instead.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't often post in this thread , but need to field 2 of :-

Ladhams (v Gawn)
Ceglar (v Pittonet) if named
Cameron (v Darcy) that's confusing

Cheers

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't often post in this thread , but need to field 2 of :-

Ladhams (v Gawn)
Ceglar (v Pittonet) if named
Cameron (v Darcy) that's confusing

Cheers
Ladhams is getting a lot of his points from disposals- 20+ both rounds, so even though he is against Gawn, he should score OK if he gets his hands on the ball.

Ceglar is coming back from injury. He relies a lot on hit outs for his scoring, would want to be sure his toe is fine.

Cameron gets most of his scores from marks and goals. I would expect the ball to be forward a lot against Freo.

Ladhams for sure for me and I prefer Cameron this week to Ceglar.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Ladhams is getting a lot of his points from disposals- 20+ both rounds, so even though he is against Gawn, he should score OK if he gets his hands on the ball.

Ceglar is coming back from injury. He relies a lot on hit outs for his scoring, would want to be sure his toe is fine.

Cameron gets most of his scores from marks and goals. I would expect the ball to be forward a lot against Freo.

Ladhams for sure for me and I prefer Cameron this week to Ceglar.
Cheers mate , thanks for the detailed response.

That's the way I was leaning as well fielding Ladhams & Cameron.

I actually now would like Ceglar not to be named , could almost get him to Simpkin in Round 10 along with getting my other 2 trade in targets.

After Dusty's performance the last few weeks I might need to work out how to get him in.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Cheers mate , thanks for the detailed response.

That's the way I was leaning as well fielding Ladhams & Cameron.

I actually now would like Ceglar not to be named , could almost get him to Simpkin in Round 10 along with getting my other 2 trade in targets.

After Dusty's performance the last few weeks I might need to work out how to get him in.
I passed on Dusty this week, as I felt like I needed to wait for Adelaide and Geelong teams named. Bugger, hey? Time for me to go search for the BE formula

AFL Club
Collingwood
I passed on Dusty this week, as I felt like I needed to wait for Adelaide and Geelong teams named. Bugger, hey? Time for me to go search for the BE formula
Dusty could be interesting going forward if people didn't start him & Whifield.

Petracca , Son Son , Greenwood , Brayshaw , Tobias , Simpkin , Bazlenka etc etc

How do you fit them all in ?

Be interesting seeing the best averaging forwards from Round 10 - 18 at seasons end.

I will be getting :-

Hurn , Stewart
Duncan , Parker

in the next 2 rounds and sounds like their could be 4-6 debutants this round so Dusty will have to wait.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Who to trade out of Bewley and Dev Smith?

Similar price, average and BE. Thinking I'll hold Dev just because he doesn't have a bye so might count for something over this bye period

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

Similar price, average and BE. Thinking I'll hold Dev just because he doesn't have a bye so might count for something over this bye period
Dev also has premium history, whereas Bewley doesn’t. May be carrying something (for better or for worse?), but is still in the CBAs and seems to rack up pressure points and/or junk time points to give himself a better floor than many.

Some people would have traded Dusty out last week - I feel the path of least regret is to not trade the premo unless circumstances make it really compelling.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Both.

Both are mid pricers with little hope of scoring much more than 80 per game. Time to get rid of them now. Probably prioritise getting rid of Bewley due to his bye next week, but I would be trying to get rid of both in the next couple of rounds.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ceglar has more potential to me if fully fit and in form, but I would avoid all Hawks players this year except for possibly Sicily and rookies - they are in a massive slump. McInerney is too up and down for my liking, but I still prefer him in this X v Y, if you can deal with copping some low scores, as I'm not sure Ceglar will get the sole ruck role that he needs for decent scores.

AFL Club
Essendon
Take Aarts 75 and bench 1 of D.Smith, steven, Rankine ???
Or just roll with the cover for a late out 🤔